By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your "Screw this game!" moments

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 - Every other online match where I get pitted against someone that has like 512114124 Wins and 10 Loses to my total of 60 Online matches.

Demon's Souls - After dieing for the umpteenth time in the Valley, I had to take a breather so I wouldn't end up punching my chinchilla.

Prinny - Can I be the Hero? - Every 5 minutes or so.

Knight of the old republic - "Go across the galaxy and find 3 McGuffins to yaddayaddayadda", which reminded me so much of Neverwinter Nights that I had just completed, so I quit it.

Gran Turismo 5 - Losing by 0.005 Seconds on the NASCAR challenge. Fecked it and never went back.

Far Cry 2 - Getting shot at from 20 directions at once without a clue as to where everything is coming from and the radar felt useless. Gave up.

Around the Network
noname2200 said:
Player2 said:

Revenge of Shinobi, stage 7-1, this jump. Looks easy, right? Well, it seems it isn't. It's the reason why none of my friends were able to beat the game.

Gotta admit, not having played the game, that I'm not sure where the trouble jump lies.

The timing to do the double jump and jump far enough is very strict. Wait too much and it won't come up, do it too early and you'll fall short. There's no visual reference for it which makes it harder.

The ninjas, shurikens, water everywhere, the fact that you lose control of the character Castlevania-like when you get hit, and restarting from the beginning when you die adds to the challenge (and frustration).

DerpSandwich said:
Arius Dion said:
The beginning of Skyward Sword with the constant text. Then the middle of Skyward Sword with The sword constantly stopping progress with saying something obvious (like low batteries) Then towards the end of Skyward Sword where they had you collect 'Tadtones.' At those points I was definitely like 'Screw This!'

No Wonder Animal Crossing is bigger than Zelda now.

That's probably my most recent one as well.  The first playthrough was imperfect but still great, but playing through it again I found myself constantly swearing at the TV.  Fi's interjections aren't just annoying, they're downright unacceptable.  Mixed with the go-nowhere plot it's enough to practically ruin a game for me.

Amen. Though, thinking on that, there wasn't any particular thing that really caused me to quit it. Ghirahim almost did, but I stumbled on how to beat him on pure luck. After powering up the sword I just got bored, and stopped playing. And really, that's kind of the most daming thing about that game. It's not bad, it's boring.

I believe in honesty, civility, generosity, practicality, and impartiality.

Conker's Bad Fur Day - Escaping Teddy Island.

F-Zero GX - Racing against the Phantom Road A.I. (Only level that's basically impossible to 1st place on Master difficulty.)

Star Wars: The Old Republic - Darth Malak battle (and, to a lesser extend, Darth Bandon battle).

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Becoming a vampire.

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - Finding out that you can see whether you have caught every Golden Skulltula in any given area after catching all of them. (Okay, this one is on me.)

Far Cry - Mutation encounters.

And yet, I still love all of them. Can't think of a case where an annoyance made me quit playing a game entirely. (As far as real games goes. Fuck Angry Birds.)

Halo Reach, not letting me join a friends party/vice versa because of NAT type issue errors depite NAT type being ok..... Kinda pissed me off because I almost have everything in Reach except for a couple zombie achievements, and now I just don't care anymore.

---

For something in a game, Dead Rising 1, dumb ass AI, when I say run, you RUN!! don't stop and stare at Zombies! Put the game down because I wanted to save them all, but people have told me not to bother on my first play through.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Around the Network

Mirror's Edge- never being able to wall jump for long enough to make the jumps. I had to rely on Youtube playthroughs to get anywhere in that game. A good game but so frustrating i couldn't enjoy it. I didn't even get half way through the game before giving up

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

Michael-5 said:

For something in a game, Dead Rising 1, dumb ass AI, when I say run, you RUN!! don't stop and stare at Zombies! Put the game down because I wanted to save them all, but people have told me not to bother on my first play through.

Problem is, there's a book in-game that improves their behaviour a lot. But you can only obtain it at the third day, so it's virtually useless.

There are 4 times when i've given up a game due to late-game dickery. Two of them are Square Enix!

1) Final Fantasy III: There is a whole dungeon beyond the Point of No Return, significantly more difficult than the dungeon before it, and the EXP opportunities in the semifinal dungeon were insufficient to grind. It would have taken me forever, quite not worth my time.

2) Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Point of no return sits before 2 bosses, the first of which has the most broken fucking ability ever: no-cost, 100% heal, any time she wants to do it. You've labored for 30 minutes trying to bring her down? Fuck you, let's start from the beginning. So you have to beat her, then the guy after her (who wasn't as broken, just generally tough), but every time you lose to the last guy? Back to her. Flat nope.

3) Izuna 2: The Unemployed Ninja Returns: The last dungeon was just chaos incarnate (fitting, as the final boss was supposed to be Chaos): screens filled with enemies, traps all over the place, every step you were getting smashed or poisoned or otherwise status-impaired. Next!

4) Pokemon Soul Silver: That fuckwad Lance, the second time around. An example of the Brokenness of dragon types. I distinctly recall telling Smoked Hostage that I was going to get a shovel and make Lance into a bloody stain on the carpet.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Wright said:
Michael-5 said:

Problem is, there's a book in-game that improves their behaviour a lot. But you can only obtain it at the third day, so it's virtually useless.

It's so annoying, I think this is the only game I ever put down because of frustration. Every other game, I was able to cool off and come back.

I mean, Vanquish for instance. Challenge 6 is probably the hardest thing I've ever done in a video game, but I was never frustrated. I played for like 7 hours straight, and almost threw my controller when I died a couple times when I almost had it. I think one time I died while killing the last opponent, so I technically did it, but it didn't count. Still, I didn't put my controller down longer then a single night, or to make a coffee.

Dead Rising just annoyed the shit out of me.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Michael-5 said:
Wright said:
Michael-5 said:

It's so annoying, I think this is the only game I ever put down because of frustration. Every other game, I was able to cool off and come back.

I mean, Vanquish for instance. Challenge 6 is probably the hardest thing I've ever done in a video game, but I was never frustrated. I played for like 7 hours straight, and almost threw my controller when I died a couple times when I almost had it. I think one time I died while killing the last opponent, so I technically did it, but it didn't count. Still, I didn't put my controller down longer then a single night, or to make a coffee.

Dead Rising just annoyed the shit out of me.

Dead Rising 2 adressed that problem smoothly. But yeah, I get you.