By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony explains why PS Plus is required for PS4 online play

Tagged games:

Vetteman94 said:
Chandler said:
Vetteman94 said:

Maybe its possible they  are being reasonable now that Sony does it knowing that the costs of keepoing up a giant online network service like PSN cant be sustained without additional revenue.  And now see why Microsoft did it for years with the Xbox.  I dont really see a bunch of people cheering for this decision, just people who understand the business decision that had to be made.   

Fixed base on how my skewed mind sees things. 

Fixed.

It's an undeniable fact that a business practise that has been ridiculed mere weeks ago is now suddenly laudated as a sensible business decision. The only parameter that changed is the logo on the box. But I know right, good guy Sony has to do it, bad guy Microsoft forced their hand. Cute.

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

Around the Network

I am up for paying $10 less than XBL for a superior experience. Besides Sony probably saw all those MS fans rant about how PSN was far inferior to XBL and decided to develop a paid service for a better experience. And of course, they need all the money they can get.

Chandler said:
Vetteman94 said:
Chandler said:
Vetteman94 said:

Maybe its possible they  are being reasonable now that Sony does it knowing that the costs of keepoing up a giant online network service like PSN cant be sustained without additional revenue.  And now see why Microsoft did it for years with the Xbox.  I dont really see a bunch of people cheering for this decision, just people who understand the business decision that had to be made.   

Fixed base on how my skewed mind sees things. 

Fixed.

It's an undeniable fact that a business practise that has been ridiculed mere weeks ago is now suddenly laudated as a sensible business decision. The only parameter that changed is the logo on the box. But I know right, good guy Sony has to do it, bad guy Microsoft forced their hand. Cute.

An undeniable fact without sources to prove it is just a baseless accusation.  I would like to see a list of these people you claim who have shown disgust atMicrosoft for their practice of this and are now cheering Sony for theirs.

happydolphin said:
I can't stand the double-standards. People here will accept it, after Live took the heat for years over its subscription model.

People were even calling achievements worthless, but changed they're tune after Sony aanoucning their own version.

Nsanity said:
happydolphin said:
I can't stand the double-standards. People here will accept it, after Live took the heat for years over its subscription model.

People were even calling achievements worthless, but changed they're tune after Sony aanoucning their own version.

Both are still worthless. They get you nothing.

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network

Thing is PS+ values the gaming experience. Re: XBL:What the hell is the point of putting Netflix behind a paywall!?

7-8 years of free online by Sony whereas MS never offered it.

Vetteman94 said:
Chandler said:
Vetteman94 said:

Fixed.

An undeniable fact without sources to prove it is just a baseless accusation.  I would like to see a list of these people you claim who have shown disgust atMicrosoft for their practice of this and are now cheering Sony for theirs.

I will not waste time looking for those threads just because you like to play dumb to keep your point up a couple minutes longer. Everyone here knows that there were plenty of threads about it and you know it too.

This quote tree has been shortened.

yo_john117

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

happydolphin said:

But this isn't Live. If Live gave people access to an instant game collection that grew to 50+ games over the first year then people would have perceived it's value differently. Heck it would have been a selling point for many.

Shinobi-san said:

As far as i know none of the PS fans are happy about this. So what double standards are you talking about?

PS fans used free online mp as a pro against the 360 in its own right. That won't apply to PS4 - Xbone.

Theres also the argument of PS Plus being a ridiculously good deal...especially the free games catalogue which so far MS has not matched. At the end of the day that was a great service when it was optional but now that it is mandatory for online play, they better make it worth it.

Edit: This thread is also a good example of how wrong you are about "double standards". As you can see no one in the thread is for the paywall....this has been the general sentiment on the site among Sony fans.

radha, Carl.

happydolphin said:

That is not entirely accurate. You ment to say "I can't stand other peoples double-standards, but I don't mind my own.".