By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony explains why PS Plus is required for PS4 online play

Tagged games:

Jay520 said:

sales2099 said: [...]

So this is what you're saying:

"Sony fans tend to have double standards"

Great. Flaming and Generalizations.

You're calling my post idiotic and you have the nerve to judge calling out a person or group for double-standards is flaming.

Get real.

Around the Network
Jay520 said:
sales2099 said:

Ok, I get that the double standards have no place here. Np there.

But you can't honestly play the accountable card in this case. There is no need to "prove" anything and dig up old threads. It was a consensus; a general held belief. Now that Sony is changing their policy, the fans don't want to leave over it because they still love Sony and the games they make. So they literally did a 180 on their stance, because that is literally the only option, the other leaving PS gaming all together.

There is no few bad individuals, there is no need to look any proof up. It is not silly at all to group you all together because it was a consensus. I mean what kind of PS gamer "preferred" Live Gold fees to a free PSN pre-E3 2013? In that regard, it is more reasonable to generalize. It is "not a few", and kindly stop spinning that your kinds bad apples are fewer then they seem.

Embrace your cultures good points, but even its bad ones. 

So this is what you're saying:

"Sony fans tend to have double standards"

Great. Flaming and Generalizations.

You either leave PS gaming out of principle that you like free MP over paywalls......or you change your mind and stance because you don't want to leave Sony.

It speaks for itself. This is a proper generalization if there ever was one. It is now part of your culture, you shouldn't sweep it under thr rug and dismiss it to "only a few". like cmon

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

sales2099 said:

But you can't honestly play the accountable card in this case. There is no need to "prove" anything and dig up old threads. It was a consensus; a general held belief. Now that Sony is changing their policy, the fans don't want to leave over it because they still love Sony and the games they make. So they literally did a 180 on their stance, because that is literally the only option, the other leaving PS gaming all together.

There is no few bad individuals, there is no need to look any proof up. It is not silly at all to group you all together because it was a consensus. I mean what kind of PS gamer "preferred" Live Gold fees to a free PSN pre-E3 2013? In that regard, it is more reasonable to generalize. It is "not a few", and kindly stop spinning that your kinds bad apples are fewer then they seem.

Embrace your cultures good points, but even its bad ones. But then again, you don't adopt the "brothers in arms stance". Apparently PS gamers aren't a collective but just individuals, which is kinda depressing. I like to think that XBox fans are more attached and we are all accoutnable for eachothers actions, right or wrong.

I can't speak on behalf of everyone, but the major reason I criticized Live is because Sony stepped up and made it better and best of all it was all for free. Like I said many times I never minded paying for Live since the XBox 360 launched 'til about 2008 maybe, because it was worth it. From there on I hated paying for Live and I started criticizing MS for it. I still think both should offer online multiplayer for free and charge for other services though.

happydolphin said:

Okay, number 1, don't call me an idiot or my posts idiotic because I'm going to flame you till kingdom come and get banned for it. So don't bait me.

Next, I was asked for proof and I gave it, you have a tendency not to read through threads so I'll throw you a bone. When Shinobi-San asked, I  gave him 2 people. Carl and Rasha. And guess what, Carl had posted before my post.

Perhaps you do not understand what I said. I am talking about this post of yours:

happydolphin said:
I can't stand the double-standards. People here will accept it, after Live took the heat for years over its subscription model.

...which came after only FIVE other posts.

Now, you say Radha's post is proof to justify this post but that's fucking impossible since he posted after you made this post. 

On to Carl's post, you still have no justification. (A) where did he say he accepted this model, and (B) where is the proof that he hated Xbox Gold's subscription model?

So yes, that post was made no sense whatsover, the definition of idiotic.

sales2099 said:
Jay520 said:

The people talking about double standards should just leave the thread at once. Yes, there are a few individuals who have double standards regarding this topic, but why bring them up? It's completely irrelevant. This thread isn't about double standards, so unless someone is exercising double standards in this very thread, then just leave it out.

If you do feel compelled to call out people for double standards, then at least call out individuals users (with proof) rather than making meaningless, vague statements about "people". Who the hell is "people".

And even when you call out these individuals, it still means nothing. Every group has a few bad individuals. It's not like there's a significant amount of people with double standards. It's not like this is some major problem that needs to be dealt with. The "problem" is insignificant and isn't worth being brought into an otherwise peaceful topic. There's no point to bring it up.

Embrace your cultures good points, but even its bad ones. But then again, you don't adopt the "brothers in arms stance". Apparently PS gamers aren't a collective but just individuals, which is kinda depressing. I like to think that XBox fans are more attached and we are all accoutnable for eachothers actions, right or wrong.

No one did a 180.  It was a better deal and still is because:

Before:

-PSN was free

-PS+ gave you tons of free games, Exclusive Beta's, and cloud services

-PS+ was not required to use netflix, etc...

Now:

-PS+ is cheaper

-PS+ gives you tons of free NEW games and cloud services

-PS+ is still not required for anything but PS4 multiplayer, the free games, and Exclusive Beta's.  In fact the share button works for everyone and F2P games also don't require PS+

Have the circumstances changed? YES

Is LIVE still a joke in value that is forced on its users in comparison to PS+?  YES

Are there still butthurt MS fanboys who will debate this?  A RESOUNDING YES!!!

Prediction for console Lifetime sales:

Wii:100-120 million, PS3:80-110 million, 360:70-100 million

[Prediction Made 11/5/2009]

3DS: 65m, PSV: 22m, Wii U: 18-22m, PS4: 80-120m, X1: 35-55m

I gauruntee the PS5 comes out after only 5-6 years after the launch of the PS4.

[Prediction Made 6/18/2014]

Around the Network
happydolphin said:

You're calling my post idiotic and you have the nerve to judge calling out a person or group for double-standards is flaming.

Get real.

Last time I checked it was against the rules to insult an entire fanbase. Maybe I should check again.

The difference between PS+ and XBLG is that you HAD to pay for XBL Gold if you wanted to do anything on the Xbox 360 and the One, whereas on PS4 you can still do everything but game online without it.

I still don't like it, and I wish they wouldn't do that and it's not AS big a win for sony as it was this generation...but I already have a PS+ account because it really is worth all the free shit you get across so many consoles and the added features and the overnight updates and cloud storage (1 gig is a lot when you're talking save data). And if I don't want to pay for it, I can still use netflix and everything else.

PS+ is a great service even without the online servers. I don't pretend to defend sony's decision to make it mandatory for online play, but it's worth it.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Jay520 said:
happydolphin said:

Okay, number 1, don't call me an idiot or my posts idiotic because I'm going to flame you till kingdom come and get banned for it. So don't bait me.

Next, I was asked for proof and I gave it, you have a tendency not to read through threads so I'll throw you a bone. When Shinobi-San asked, I  gave him 2 people. Carl and Rasha. And guess what, Carl had posted before my post.

Perhaps you do not understand what I said. I am talking about this post of yours:

happydolphin said:
I can't stand the double-standards. People here will accept it, after Live took the heat for years over its subscription model.

...which came after only FIVE other posts.

Now, you say Radha's post is proof to justify this post but that's fucking impossible since he posted after you made this post. 

On to Carl's post, you still have no justification. (A) where did he say he accepted this model, and (B) where is the proof that he hated Xbox Gold's subscription model?

So yes, that post was made no sense whatsover, the definition of idiotic.

@bold. Perhaps I don't give a shit and I don't want you calling my posts idiotic, period.

@underlined. What can I say, I was so convinced I knew it would come. Color me unsurprised.

(A) I've already answered, read the thread. I'll award you (B), I don't know if Carl was for or against it, but it was my understanding that most Sony fans were against it. I generalized so sue me.

Put it this way, if throughout my time on vgchartz I see negative reference to live's subscription model from Sony fans, and suddenly I start hearing things like "impressive" or "that's neat" in a thread where Sony does the same, it doesn't matter if it's the same person or not, it is still overall a numbers discrepancy (statistically speaking, yays or nays).

Jay520 said:
happydolphin said:

Get real.

Last time I checked it was against the rules to insult an entire fanbase. Maybe I should check again.

Perhaps you should realize that "Get real" meant "saying someone is using double-standards is not an insult".

Was very unfortunate to see Sony adopt the Live system. You already pay an isp, now you have to pay an additional fee on top of that to play online. I always thought it was crappy when M$ employed this, and it is equally crappy now that Sony has done the same.

Whether someone uses KY jelly or not doesn't matter..you're still getting f*&*&^

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

sales2099 said:

You either leave PS gaming out of principle that you like free MP over paywalls......or you change your mind and stance because you don't want to leave Sony.

It speaks for itself. This is a proper generalization if there ever was one. It is now part of your culture, you shouldn't sweep it under thr rug and dismiss it to "only a few". like cmon

I will take your word that a few "people" do have double standards. 

But I will not take your word that the vast majority of Sony fans on here has double standards. 

Just because you say it's true doesn't make it so. I need proof.