By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony explains why PS Plus is required for PS4 online play

Tagged games:

-CraZed- said:
MohammadBadir said:
what's all the commotion about "double standards"? I'm pretty sure a point made by Sonyfans in most of the Sonyfan VS. MSfan arguments was that Sony fans don't have to pay for online multiplayer, but now that they do, they're justifiying the fact that you have to pay for online when they themselves looked down upon MS fans for paying.

So the fact that PSN was and continues to be free for PS3 users wasn't a positive for PS users compared to XBL users? It was they had access to multiplayer on every singe multiplayer game on PS3 it was and continues to be a selling point over XBL.

That in no way is hypocritical or somehow "looking down upon" anotner service. It was free the other wasn't thats just factual.

Now that PS+ is required for PS4 1st party developed multiplayer games (it is not required to play 3rd party titles or F2P games. It is not required to access any of the myriad media streaming or social services. So it remains a better deal than XBL as all the same perks from PS+ on PS3 remain for those who choose to sign up for it. Also the fact that it is ONLY for Sony published titles once again gives PS users more choice and options on how they access multiplayer titles.

Just because PS+ (which is still cheaper and offers more than XBL ATM) is now required to play SONY published multiplayer games don't make the mistake of comparing it to XBL or PS users to butthurt Xbox users. 

because it's OK when Sony does it -.-

Around the Network

Well at least they are honest

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Torillian said:

And I disagree, unless you call out specific people with actual proof it's one of the stupidest things you can say.  Of course he isn't saying it's true for 100% of the fanbase because he could be proven wrong with no effort at all.  But to say it's true of "people" without providing a lick of proof has no meaning and doesn't help the discussion in any way.  It's acceptable(ish) spam that we don't punish officially but I will admonish whenever I see it.  

I think this post is spam quite frankly.

How many claims do people make before being asked to support their claims. Yet all of a sudden when calling out folks in the Sony fanbase it should be admonished. It doesn't surprise me one bit.

The people talking about double standards should just leave the thread at once. Yes, there are a few individuals who have double standards regarding this topic, but why bring them up? It's completely irrelevant. This thread isn't about double standards, so unless someone is exercising double standards in this very thread, then just leave it out.

If you do feel compelled to call out people for double standards, then at least call out individuals users (with proof) rather than making meaningless, vague statements about "people". Who the hell is "people"?

And even when you call out these individuals, it still means nothing. Every group has a few bad individuals. It's not like there's a significant amount of people with double standards running rampant. This isn't some major problem that needs to be dealt with. The "problem" is insignificant and isn't worth being brought into an otherwise peaceful topic. There's no point to bring it up.

Jay520 said:
The people talking about double standards should just leave the thread at once. Yes, there are a few individuals who have double standards regarding this topic, but why bring them up? It's completely irrelevant. This thread isn't about double standards, so unless someone is exercising double standards in this very thread, then just leave it out.

If you do feel compelled to call out people for double standards, then at least call out individuals users (with proof) rather than making meaningless, vague statements. And even then...who the hell cares if a few users are idiots? Every group has a few bad individuals. It's not like there's a significant amount of people with double standards. It's not like this is some major problem that needs to be dealt with. The "problem" is insignificant and isn't worth being brought into an otherwise peaceful topic.

It is a major problem to be dealt with, BIAS is a major problem and it's fucking everywhere.

So excuse me if I considered that an important thing to talk about in a thread that basically discusses the one most hated thing Microsoft came up with since it entered the market, and the reactions of fans to the competitions now following their trend.

Hey, just cause I can, I think you should just leave the thread at once. See how you like it.

Around the Network
JayWood2010 said:
Torillian said:

And I disagree, unless you call out specific people with actual proof it's one of the stupidest things you can say.  Of course he isn't saying it's true for 100% of the fanbase because he could be proven wrong with no effort at all.  But to say it's true of "people" without providing a lick of proof has no meaning and doesn't help the discussion in any way.  It's acceptable(ish) spam that we don't punish officially but I will admonish whenever I see it.  

From december to febuary we was getting a lot of threads about PSN and XBL so there is plenty of examples if you want to do the research.  Here is one of many http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=156797&page=1  Which I will point out was created in response to my thread below.

Or just look through my XBLG $30 deal. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=156766&page=1

Although that thread is childish, I don't see what you mean. PSN was indeed free and it was a much better service than Live.

Talal said:
JayWood2010 said:

From december to febuary we was getting a lot of threads about PSN and XBL so there is plenty of examples if you want to do the research.  Here is one of many http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=156797&page=1  Which I will point out was created in response to my thread below.

Or just look through my XBLG $30 deal. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=156766&page=1

Although that thread is childish, I don't see what you mean. PSN was indeed free and it was a much better service than Live.

Completely disagree and i do own both.  I will not continue this further as they are "opinions".

-CraZed- said:
MohammadBadir said:
what's all the commotion about "double standards"? I'm pretty sure a point made by Sonyfans in most of the Sonyfan VS. MSfan arguments was that Sony fans don't have to pay for online multiplayer, but now that they do, they're justifiying the fact that you have to pay for online when they themselves looked down upon MS fans for paying.

So the fact that PSN was and continues to be free for PS3 users wasn't a positive for PS users compared to XBL users? It was they had access to multiplayer on every singe multiplayer game on PS3 it was and continues to be a selling point over XBL that's all it was.

That in no way is hypocritical or somehow "looking down upon" another service. It was free the other wasn't thats just factual.

Now that PS+ is required for PS4 1st party developed multiplayer games (it is not required to play 3rd party titles or F2P games. It is not required to access any of the myriad media streaming or social services. So it remains a better deal than XBLG IMHO as all the same perks from PS+ on PS3 remain for those who choose to sign up for it. Also the fact that it is ONLY for Sony published titles once again gives PS users more choice and options on how they access multiplayer titles.

Just because PS+ (which is still cheaper and offers more than XBL ATM) is now required to play SONY published multiplayer games don't make the mistake of comparing it to XBL or PS users to butthurt Xbox users. 

Woah hang on a minute.  I'm pretty sure we still have to pay for online for 3rd party titles.  I've only seen it being that F2P games and other services are still free without PS+.  

Also why is this fucking petty argument still going on.  Who cares leave it behind.  I don't care what other sony fans say about paying for online.  You know what I do when I don't like something someone says?  I IGNORE IT.  Of course I can't say I do that all the time, but it's easier that way.

More people will just go PC - Free online play and cheaper games on Steam.
Hell, they might even *gasp* buy a Wii U.

It's just that simple.

happydolphin said:
Jay520 said:

If you do feel compelled to call out people for double standards, then at least call out individuals users (with proof) rather than making meaningless, vague statements. And even then...who the hell cares if a few users are idiots? Every group has a few bad individuals. It's not like there's a significant amount of people with double standards. It's not like this is some major problem that needs to be dealt with. The "problem" is insignificant and isn't worth being brought into an otherwise peaceful topic.

It is a major problem to be dealt with, BIAS is a major problem and it's fucking everywhere.

So excuse me if I considered that an important thing to talk about in a thread that basically discusses the one most hated thing Microsoft came up with since it entered the market, and the reactions of fans to the competitions now following their trend.

Hey, just cause I can, I think you should just leave the thread at once. See how you like it.

You're biased too. No one threw a fit about that.