By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony explains why PS Plus is required for PS4 online play

Tagged games:

vaio said:
JayWood2010 said:
vaio said:
JayWood2010 said:

What he said is not bannable.  It is his opinion that may or may not be true with many fans on this website.  NOt the entire fanbase, but many.

negative opinions about sony and ps has and will continue to cause bans.

only a moron would actually think that it means the whole fanbase.

He never said anything about the entire fanbase.  He said he cant stand the double standards.  He says nothing else.

that responce was to your last line- Anyone that thinks he meant the entire fanbase is a moron.

anyway it would be really interesting to know how many reports that post got.

And I disagree, unless you call out specific people with actual proof it's one of the stupidest things you can say.  Of course he isn't saying it's true for 100% of the fanbase because he could be proven wrong with no effort at all.  But to say it's true of "people" without providing a lick of proof has no meaning and doesn't help the discussion in any way.  It's acceptable(ish) spam that we don't punish officially but I will admonish whenever I see it.  

Around the Network
Torillian said:
vaio said:
JayWood2010 said:
vaio said:
JayWood2010 said:

What he said is not bannable.  It is his opinion that may or may not be true with many fans on this website.  NOt the entire fanbase, but many.

negative opinions about sony and ps has and will continue to cause bans.

only a moron would actually think that it means the whole fanbase.

He never said anything about the entire fanbase.  He said he cant stand the double standards.  He says nothing else.

that responce was to your last line- Anyone that thinks he meant the entire fanbase is a moron.

anyway it would be really interesting to know how many reports that post got.

thanks

Vaio - "Bury me at Milanello"      R.I.P AC Milan

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird  and people take Prozac  to make it normal.

If laughing is the best medicine and marijuana makes you laugh

Is marijuana the best medicine?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.

what's all the commotion about "double standards"? I'm pretty sure a point made by Sonyfans in most of the Sonyfan VS. MSfan arguments was that Sony fans don't have to pay for online multiplayer, but now that they do, they're justifiying the fact that you have to pay for online when they themselves looked down upon MS fans for paying.

Anfebious said:
It is extra money per year but I will accept it as the free games keep coming. I never tried plus tough so it's a nice oportunity to try it!

You won't be dissapointed.

Torillian said:

And I disagree, unless you call out specific people with actual proof it's one of the stupidest things you can say.  Of course he isn't saying it's true for 100% of the fanbase because he could be proven wrong with no effort at all.  But to say it's true of "people" without providing a lick of proof has no meaning and doesn't help the discussion in any way.  It's acceptable(ish) spam that we don't punish officially but I will admonish whenever I see it.  

From december to febuary we was getting a lot of threads about PSN and XBL so there is plenty of examples if you want to do the research.  Here is one of many http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=156797&page=1  Which I will point out was created in response to my thread below.

Or just look through my XBLG $30 deal. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=156766&page=1

Around the Network
Torillian said:
How do people not get that you can't define a group as doing something hypocritical because no group of people is completely homogeneous? Only individuals can be hypocrites and if you can find evidence of that feel free to call them out, but trying to call out an entire fanbase based on your general recollection of how you think it was for most of them, and how you think it is for most of them now is one of the stupidest things I see people do on these forums.

If you look at my very first post, I didn't say the whole fanbase, I said people. Whoever can read into it something else at their leasure.

@Proof (your post to Jaywood which says my post was stupid, thanks by the way I take it as a compliment). I offered it to Shinobi-San when requested. In your rush to put me down you must have missed that.

If my post was stupid, I can't imagine just how intelligent you must think you are.

happydolphin said:
I can't stand the double-standards. People here will accept it, after Live took the heat for years over its subscription model.

IT DIDN'T GIVE YOU FREE GAMES AND CLOUD SERVICES.  At least not until Sony had been doing it for a long time.  On top of this PS+ is cheaper and it is not forced!  If you cannot see how that makes a massive difference then I am surprised you are even competent enough to dress yourself.  Then again I have no proof you can...

Prediction for console Lifetime sales:

Wii:100-120 million, PS3:80-110 million, 360:70-100 million

[Prediction Made 11/5/2009]

3DS: 65m, PSV: 22m, Wii U: 18-22m, PS4: 80-120m, X1: 35-55m

I gauruntee the PS5 comes out after only 5-6 years after the launch of the PS4.

[Prediction Made 6/18/2014]

Eddie_Raja said:
happydolphin said:
I can't stand the double-standards. People here will accept it, after Live took the heat for years over its subscription model.

IT DIDN'T GIVE YOU FREE GAMES AND CLOUD SERVICES.  At least not until Sony had been doing it for a long time.  On top of this PS+ is cheaper and it is not forced!  If you cannot see how that makes a massive difference then I am surprised you are even competent enough to dress yourself.  Then again I have no proof you can...

Xbox Live isn't forced either XD

(not defending microsoft :P)

pezus said:
happydolphin said:

PS+ and Live are not comparable. When Live gets free games regularly and people still complain, you can call it double-standards.

You're like, .. the 10th person to provide that answer, which I already answered to Shinobi-San hours ago.

happydolphin said:

It isn't rocket science. Carl said that it being cheaper than live is impressive (euphemistic expression) when a few years back just the idea of asking for money for online was blasphemy. 

Radha is justifying the paying for multiplayer by saying it's worth the price (due to the PS+ games). It doesn't stand against the way people were on against live just a few years ago, and certainly doesn't address the fact that some people don't want those games but still want to play online multiplayer.

MohammadBadir said:
what's all the commotion about "double standards"? I'm pretty sure a point made by Sonyfans in most of the Sonyfan VS. MSfan arguments was that Sony fans don't have to pay for online multiplayer, but now that they do, they're justifiying the fact that you have to pay for online when they themselves looked down upon MS fans for paying.

So the fact that PSN was and continues to be free for PS3 users wasn't a positive for PS users compared to XBL users? It was they had access to multiplayer on every singe multiplayer game on PS3 it was and continues to be a selling point over XBL that's all it was.

That in no way is hypocritical or somehow "looking down upon" another service. It was free the other wasn't thats just factual.

Now that PS+ is required for PS4 1st party developed multiplayer games (it is not required to play 3rd party titles or F2P games. It is not required to access any of the myriad media streaming or social services. So it remains a better deal than XBLG IMHO as all the same perks from PS+ on PS3 remain for those who choose to sign up for it. Also the fact that it is ONLY for Sony published titles once again gives PS users more choice and options on how they access multiplayer titles.

Just because PS+ (which is still cheaper and offers more than XBL ATM) is now required to play SONY published multiplayer games don't make the mistake of comparing it to XBL or PS users to butthurt Xbox users.