By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Most memorable games you played on a Sony console

Tagged games:

psx: Gran Turismo, FF7, Fifa 98, FF Tactics, Colin McRae, Bushido Blade (!!), Resident Evil 3, Xenogears (!!!!!!)

Around the Network

Best J rpg of all time!

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

PS1 - Quite easily MGS. When I played the demo, it BLEW MY F***ING MIND. I dragged my mom to the store to get it and played it over and over again. Also GT when it came out, my sister actually bought me that game because she was so impressed with the graphics in the demo.

PS2 - Smackdown: Just bring it. It was my first PS2 game (the graphics were amazing for the time). I was a huge wrestling fan and the fact that you could make your own wrestlers and people had character premade online that you could copy and make wrestlers from WCW was incredible. I had the entire NWO made and played the game with my friends for damn near a year.

PS3 - Heavy Rain. My ex was sitting next to me for hours watching me play. She was really into the story, and she does not go near a game console even if you pay her.

ps1:
FF 7,8, tactics
Crash Bandicoot
Wipeout
MGS
Parasite Eve
Xenogears
Digimon
Monster Rancher
Castlevania SotN
Spyro
Blasto
Toomba
Tekken Tag Tournament
Dino Crisis
Valkyrie Profile
ResEvil 3
PS2:
FF10,12
MGS2,3
Fifa
Madden
Katamari Damacy
Odin Sphere
Persona
GTA3
Resevil 4
GTA3
Gran Turismo 3
God of war
Devil May Cry
SSX Tricky
Twisted Metal Black
Silent Hill 2
Ratchet and Clank

ps3:
Fifa
The Bigs
MGS4
Bayonetta
Catherine
Journey
Fl0w
Fl0wer
PixelJunk Monsters
LBP
Ratchet and Clank Crackin Time
Uncharted 1-2
Last of Us
GoW 3
Sleeping Dogs
FF13
SuperStardust
Tekken 5
Soul Calibur
Modern Warfare
Portal
X-blades
Prince of Persia (the one with the shadows and DLC ending)
Ghostbusters

I'll do vita and psp next

Around the Network

Psx : Crash Bandicoot games. Awesome plateform.
Ps2 : Prince of persia sand of time, Kingdom hearts 1.
Psp : None.
Ps3 : Journey without any doubt.

So much love for Jrpg's during Psx days. Why for god sake did they stop making these turnbased gems ;p

Most time spent : Most of NIS games (plus other devs under NISA's label( GUST, IF, Compile Hearts) )

Best scenario : FFX

Best gameplay : Disgaea

Best memories : Digital Devil Saga 2

Best atmosphere : Persona 3

Most notable big list :

PS1 : Crash, Spyro, Digimon world
PS2 : Disgaea, FFX, DQVIII, Phantom Brave, Makai Kingdom, Ar Tonelico 2,
PSP : Phantom Brave, Dissidia
PS3 : Mugen Souls, Disgaea 3, Uncharted 3, FFXIII, Naruto Ultimate Ninja 2
PSVita : Virtue's last reward, Puddle

PS1:
Final Fantasy IX - Doesn't even need an introduction.
Bugs Bunny Lost in time - I had SO MUCH fun with this game. I was literally crazed for a weeks.
Crash Bandicoot 3 - WARPED! - Loved it to bits. Extremely enjoyable, more than its prequels.
Tekken 3 - It started in Tekken 2 for me...but 3 I remember the fondest.

PS2:
Ace Combat V - The unsung war - Currently and for a long time one of my favorite games.
Legacy of Kain - Soul Reaver 2 - Raziel...come back...I miss you.
Jak & Daxter - My favorite 3D platformer by far.
Kingdom Hearts - I still get shivers down my back remembering the awesome battle with Sephiroth and the elation of victory.
Primal - Never forget that a passion project game can and will surpass many higher profile ones.
Project Zero - The definitive survival horror game.
God of War - The original bad ass god slayer.

PSP:
God of War - Ghost of Sparta - One of the best God of War games there are. I'd honestly rate it as high as the first one.
The impossible game - I have no shame, I love this thing.
EMULATORS!

PS3:
Demon's Souls - FANTASTIC! I called it from the very first trailer and they've nailed my expectations to the wall and destroyed them.
Red Dead Redemption - I enjoyed it a LOT more than I ever thought I would.
Flower - Amazed me.
Resistance - Fall of Man - Good transition shooter, from the classic formula to the modern.
inFamous 2 - Loved it to bits, from start to end.

And many more on the PS3 front. There were a lot of great games this gen and it's hard to pick favorites.