By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Gamespot: Sony cut PS Eye from PS4 to beat Xbox One price

It wouldn't surprise me if true...but surely MS could just do the same thing?

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network

Smart move in the short run, at least. Coming in at a hundred dollars less than the competition is a real advantage. Time will tell how it pans out in the long run; Microsoft needs to convince people that controlling your UI through motion and voice is super cool, and the future of entertainment. I don't think it will be easy, but if they can do that, Sony might regret not bundling the camera with the PS4.

Right now, people (namely hardcore gamers) are skeptical of how useful a camera can be in the gaming/entertainment experience, and understandably so. It's a cool idea, but many people will need hands-on to have a chance at being fully convinced, and while the Kinect 1.0 showed the potential of the camera, it lacked the tech to really win over a wide swath of the gaming audience. From what I've seen of the new Kinect so far, I think it might be able to do just that, but we will see...

Good god how the mighty have fallen.
I am disapointed with Sony more and more as the next gen looms.

They seem to want to be the consumers friend to just spite MS.
Were not doing shit because MS are doing shit so it isn’t cool.
What happened to the market leaders?
No headset with 1 yet Sony gave feck all with there 600 bucks PS3 launch.
Oh wait I forgot what they said.
Get a second job. lmao.

If this is the best they can do prior to launch its just sad really.

Cool, but I definitely disagree. PS eye cannot hold a candle to kinect so why would they require it.

I doubt they were going to include it at all as it's not a needed thing for the console.

That said, £80 difference in the UK, that's 2 games.

Two.

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network

This is a good decision. Not only from a price perspective, but also not forcing a terrible control scheme upon people. Give consumers a choice whether they want to put up with that headache.

Movement controls are crap. They're still crap, don't be fooled by slick fake presentations. Kinect was THE worst thing to happen to gaming on 360. Developers lost focus for exclusives and wasted resources trying to get the thing to work with new games.

By packing the Kinect2 and making it a requirement with the XB1, not only is MS putting their turd in every box AND making consumers pay $100 for it, but they're forcing it down your throat too. And it's going to end up creeping into even more games. Fantastic.

If MS is smart they will announce a Kinect-free SKU for $399 at launch. It would make for an extremely competitive holiday season that's for sure.

reask said:
Good god how the mighty have fallen.
I am disapointed with Sony more and more as the next gen looms.

They seem to want to be the consumers friend to just spite MS.
Were not doing shit because MS are doing shit so it isn’t cool.
What happened to the market leaders?
No headset with 1 yet Sony gave feck all with there 600 bucks PS3 launch.
Oh wait I forgot what they said.
Get a second job. lmao.

If this is the best they can do prior to launch its just sad really.

Sounds like your dissapointment in Sony goes back a long deep rooted way, so sad.  Awe well, opinions vary..

Nsanity said:

You can prove this?

You are the man news... you posted the news about that.

If there are anything is news talking about Sony not loosing money with each PS4 unit because the low BOM cost... otherwise it is not possible to prove.

I don't by it.... They're selling it for 60$ and of course that won't be at a loss. Packed-in, it probably would have costed around 25 bucks for SONY.

4 ≈ One

Dgc1808 said:
I don't by it.... They're selling it for 60$ and of course that won't be at a loss. Packed-in, it probably would have costed around 25 bucks for SONY.

Sony will have a $80 loss for each EyeToy sold confirmed.

People on IGN needs to studt math before make some crazy assumptions.