By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

WHO WON??

Sony's PS3 419 34.57%

Microsoft's Xbox 360 102 8.42%

Nintendo's Wii 691 57.01%

Total:1,212

This gen's not over,and I wouldn't draw a line yet; MS just launched the new 360E which looks like it's set for a real low price and Sony has admitted that they can't go much lower on the PS3 and still make money.

Around the Network

Wii Won.

Also your recollection of the HD Twins strengths and weaknesses is way off.

PS3 had great memory ???

That's the same memory that developers criticised and said was holding the PS3 back. A choice even John Carmack described as "a curious design decision".

PS3 had a great GPU???

The same GPU that was so underpowered that some of the Cell processors CPU's had to be seconded to match its competition.

A GPU that to this day leaves nearly every multi plat game I buy for my PS3 gimped to 720p and screen tearing left right and centre.

The PS3 hardly ever failed ???

Well my PS3 slim is still rocking. I mean in terms of crashing its the most unreliable console I've ever owned but its still infrequent enough for me not to care.

However of three friends who bought launch PS3 fats its another story. Two have succumbed to the Yellow Light Of Death. Anecdotal I know but still, that's a 66% failure rate.

==================================================

Also you failed to mention the Suck Ass a thon that was and still is PS HOME.

Also I think IBM are going to be majorly hacked off that you think the Cell processor was "Homemade"

=====================================================

Don't even get my started about the inaccuracies with Wii and 360.

Finally just as an aside you continually present personal opinion as fact in your post. Its really lazy and you are going to be picked up on it.

Articles that are well researched are ultimately much more enjoyable to read and will garner better comments.

The Wii, it sold the most and created the most profit while also introducing lots of new consumers.

HikenNoAce said:
Cos said:
Xbox 360 elevated everyone's game in the online department, every else had to play catch up
Wii, sold the most hardware software - but should really be considered a market of its own
PS3 is winning overall hardware sales, but is behind Xbox 360 by about 88 million pieces of software.
Xbox Gained huge market share this generation
PS3 lost huge market share this generartion

So
Nintendo
Xbox 360
PS3

So, 360 is above the PS3 despite selling less systems with 1 year more on the market?

Read the entire post, and wipe the fanboy out of your eyes

1. Sony Lost significant Market Share this generation / Microsoft Gained Significant Market Share

2. Sony is behind Microsoft in Software by close to 90 million lifetime sales (1 year will not make up this difference sorry)

3. Most money is made on software vs. hardware

READ the other items about Live/Multiplayer and how it pushed Sony to improve theirs

So Yes, The 360 is above the PS3 with having 1 year more on the market.  It went from a very small market share to being a major player as opposed to losing market share.  I doubt, in its lifecycle, the PS3 will catch up to MS in terms of software sales.

so far the Wii. Hopefully when all is said and done the PS3 will sell more.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Cos said:
Xbox 360 elevated everyone's game in the online department, every else had to play catch up
Wii, sold the most hardware software - but should really be considered a market of its own
PS3 is winning overall hardware sales, but is behind Xbox 360 by about 88 million pieces of software.
Xbox Gained huge market share this generation
PS3 lost huge market share this generartion

So
Nintendo
Xbox 360
PS3

Xbox Live did not majorly cause their sales to rise. Microsoft likened their product in third party offerings to Sony so gamers couldnt tell the difference. When Sony slipped up with the price people sided with Microsoft because the it was cheaper and the third party titles were all 95% the same. Sony won but it was cleanly because of better first party.

Xbox Live was a huge part of why Xbox 360 was so successful, it absolutly had a huge part in its sales numbers.  Look back at Xbox live on the original xbox i.e. Halo1.  Look at the PS2 which had no online to speak of.  Come this generation, having LIVE multiplayer was a huge reason why I, and a lot of other people purchased a 360.  Look at the upcomming generation: Sony now offers a robust online solution, that it now charges for.

Gotta give some credit back to the Sega Dreamcast who saw the future of online gameplay.

Your comment to me is completely ignorant of the facts in regards to how online multiplayer helped the 360 sales. Sony sliped up on overpriced system, hardware that was extreemly difficult to program for and memory configuration.   The Cell was great in concept, poor in execution, with the exception of a handfull of first party games.  Sony's online was crap for the first few years and finally has caught up.  So yes ONLINE LIVE did help sell systems.

The race isn't over yet but right now? Nintendo wii.

Speech is silver but silence is Gold

ironmanDX said:
Nintendo destroyed everyone. Wii beat the 360 and Ps3 while DS demolished the PSP even though it's hardware sales were respectable. Nearly 200 votes for the PS3? You fanboys are unreal. PS3 was the furthest from winning...

As it turns out at this late stage of the game the PS3 and Xbox 360 were not destroyed by the Wii. The Wii earned the short burst of casual sales over a period of four years prompting a decline after the fourth year and then they ended the Wii for a more stable console in terms of game development across the board. The PS, PS2 era was destruction. There was no way Nintendo or Microsoft could come back from the beatings they both respectively recieved. Being that Microsoft has followed Sonys ten year profiting plan, MS and Sony could both eventually attain Nintendos sales. It was a slow process to get here, it will be a slow process until the end. As I said even posting ten million within a year and a halfs time would pose a threat to Nintendo because that would mean Sony and MS sold around 87 or 88 million. Everything else would just come from highly publicized price drops.

why cant i vote for Apple?

I can't believe how much votes PS3 got, is this forum from a different world?

Fanatismo não leva a nada, apenas a colecionar antipatias.

Collection: Telejogo Ford-Philco, Dactar, TV Game 2600, Master System (2x), Master System Portable, NES, Dynavision 3, Mega Drive 3 (2x - Tectoy and Show Do Milhao Edition), Genesis 3, Genesis Arcade Motion, MD Play, SNES (2x), Super Famicom, Neo Geo CD, 3DO, Saturn, Playstation, Nintendo 64 (2x), Dreamcast, Playstation 2, Game Cube, Xbox, Zeebo, Playstation 3, Xbox 360 (Kinect Bundle), Wii (2x - White and Red), Game Boy Pocket, Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance, DS Lite, 3DS, Vita, Wii U, Playstation 4 and Xbox One. Around 800 games. Preferred Generation: 16 bits.