By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

WHO WON??

Sony's PS3 419 34.57%

Microsoft's Xbox 360 102 8.42%

Nintendo's Wii 691 57.01%

Total:1,212
ironmanDX said:
HikenNoAce said:

Well, if we're going by sales now then we don't know what the final PS3 numbers will look like. People were claiming that the PS3 numbers will down once more people learnt about the PS4 coming. I would assume that, by now, every gamer knows that the PS4 is coming out and, yet, PS3 sales are still very strong.

No, you've replied like 500 times about this with numerous people telling you different and you still hold true to this? Take it to the other thread dude!!!

How can people tell me differently when the facts are right there for everyone to see?

Around the Network

PC as always.

HikenNoAce said:
ironmanDX said:
HikenNoAce said:

Well, if we're going by sales now then we don't know what the final PS3 numbers will look like. People were claiming that the PS3 numbers will down once more people learnt about the PS4 coming. I would assume that, by now, every gamer knows that the PS4 is coming out and, yet, PS3 sales are still very strong.

No, you've replied like 500 times about this with numerous people telling you different and you still hold true to this? Take it to the other thread dude!!!

How can people tell me differently when the facts are right there for everyone to see?

Facts can be translated differently. You also compare different consoles to different times at different prices... We really shouldn't start this again!

I love my PS3 and prefer it over my Wii. But nintendo won with the Wii this generation, only problem was the wii didn't have a long life because of horrible 3rd party support and now the Wii U is suffering for it.

Rafux said:
Nintendo, billions made.

Nintendo, although they won this gen, lost money. They didn't make billions they lost several hundred thousand to there total budget.

Around the Network

This is a weird question for the message boards of a website that specifically tracks the sales of consoles.

All you have to do is look on the front page and see who has the highest number. *hint it's the Wii*

I see there are still people clinging to straws saying the PS3 won even though the Wii sold the most but wait more straws... The PS3 will outsell the Wii in 2017!!! Well brother the Gen ends when the Xbox One and PS4 hits the shelves....

Nintendo by far won this Gen both handheld and tv console market but id make a stab and say the PS3 has by far superior library as far as PS3 and Wii are concerned. (PS3 has a better library then the 360 but its closer then the other comparison)

Currently the winner is still Wii, but we'll see lifetime HW and SW sales when all of the three home consoles will have stopped selling.
DS is obviously the portable winner by a large margin.

This gen, though, is the first in which even the last ranking sold more than 70M HW units, and I hope it will be the same also for the gen just started.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

kowenicki said:
If you look at the finances and pure numbers of it all then clearly Nintendo won... by a mile.

Saying otherwise is rather silly.

Whilst the Wii was clearly the most profitable console, its success came at a price, looking into their customer retention rate across generation and you can see clearly that the brand has suffered in the eyes of the core audiences, and Nintendo unfortunately, did not strike gold twice with a 'gimmick innovation' and has suffered significantly due to this.

The 360 in contrast, became the poster child for core gaming and gained a significant market share of the core audiences, the same type of audience that have high adotpion and rentention rate across generations and I would defintely label MS as another 'winner' this gen.