WHO WON??

Sony's PS3 419 34.57%

Microsoft's Xbox 360 102 8.42%

Nintendo's Wii 691 57.01%

Total:1,212
superspeedybull said:
Rafux said:
Nintendo, billions made.

Nintendo, although they won this gen, lost money. They didn't make billions they lost several hundred thousand to there total budget.

OMG. Several hundred thousands?!?! Oh nooo...

>_>

Really dude?

Around the Network
fmjasinski said:
I can't believe how much votes PS3 got, is this forum from a different world?

Yes, Vgchartz is definately a strange little land, for a lot of them it is hard to admit just how bad the PS3 damaged Sony. 

Although they have done a good job this past couple of years turning things around this Gen was definetly painful at Sony HQ with some lessons well learned for next gen. 

BasilZero said:
Wagram said:
BasilZero said:

The Nintendo Wii for sales.

The Sony PS3 for comeback after a heavy loss in the beginning.

The Microsoft Xbox360 for being the ultimate underdog who came to the top over the past king.

But we all know it was Tablets, Smartphones and PC that dominated the gaming front!

Pretty sure that year head start had something to do with that, considering they're behind again.

Regardless its a feat worth praising - who would thought years ago that something like the Xbox (Original) would have a successor system like the 360.

@bolded 1:  If you count Candy Crush Saga as gaming (the bulk of the people I see playing phone/tablet games were never going to be in the market for actual video games, so I don't see them as lost customers from Nintendo/MS/or Sony)

@bolded 2:  I did.  I liked my original XBox, and that's why I got a 360 just after launch.  Failure rate of the hardware was atrocious, but the games were great.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
ironmanDX said:
Nintendo destroyed everyone. Wii beat the 360 and Ps3 while DS demolished the PSP even though it's hardware sales were respectable. Nearly 200 votes for the PS3? You fanboys are unreal. PS3 was the furthest from winning...

As it turns out at this late stage of the game the PS3 and Xbox 360 were not destroyed by the Wii. The Wii earned the short burst of casual sales over a period of four years prompting a decline after the fourth year and then they ended the Wii for a more stable console in terms of game development across the board. The PS, PS2 era was destruction. There was no way Nintendo or Microsoft could come back from the beatings they both respectively recieved. Being that Microsoft has followed Sonys ten year profiting plan, MS and Sony could both eventually attain Nintendos sales. It was a slow process to get here, it will be a slow process until the end. As I said even posting ten million within a year and a halfs time would pose a threat to Nintendo because that would mean Sony and MS sold around 87 or 88 million. Everything else would just come from highly publicized price drops.

Why do you post crap like this lately? We usually get along but that bolded line is obvious bullshit.  The evidence is on the front page!

Nintendo won. We're talking about this gen, nothing else. Not ps1, not ps2 and not how MS and Ninty couldn't "come back" from the destruction they caused. PS3 only passed the 360 weeks ago... It increased it's share from 25ish million to at least 85 million. The Wii won, it destroyed the PS3 and the 360 and increased it's share dramatically as well, meanwhile Sony didn't. Let's not even discuss money... Why you're trying to spin my comment into something positive for Sony about Gens we're not even discussing is beyond me... Take the loyalty free thing out of your sig. That joke hasn't been funny for a long time.

Wii

Around the Network
KylieDog said:
PS3. I define gens by the hardware and don't see Wii as the same gen.

It's awfully decent of you Sony fanboys to let the rest of us commonfolk know which consoles belong to which generations.  Now, do be so kind as to tell all the video game retailers out there they have been stocking an unusual amount of previous gen software/hardware in the wrong locations of their stores.  Customers could have easily been confused thinking the Wii was in direct competition with 360 and PS2 since it directly shared the same shelfspace.  Oh, also get this website to take Wii's sales numbers off the main page, since they are obviously being tracked in the wrong location.  Too much work?  Okay, then just go on telling yourself you are right and the rest of the planet is wrong if that is what helps you sleep at night.

Mandalore76 said:
KylieDog said:

It's awfully decent of you Sony fanboys to let the rest of us commonfolk know which consoles belong to which generations.  Now, do be so kind as to tell all the video game retailers out there they have been stocking an unusual amount of previous gen software/hardware in the wrong locations of their stores.  Customers could have easily been confused thinking the Wii was in direct competition with 360 and PS2 since it directly shared the same shelfspace.  Oh, also get this website to take Wii's sales numbers off the main page, since they are obviously being tracked in the wrong location.  Too much work?  Okay, then just go on telling yourself you are right and the rest of the planet is wrong if that is what helps you sleep at night.

As much as I'm agreeing with what you are saying, using the term "fanboy" could get you banned here.  Just becareful, please.

scat398 said:
fmjasinski said:
I can't believe how much votes PS3 got, is this forum from a different world?

Yes, Vgchartz is definately a strange little land, for a lot of them it is hard to admit just how bad the PS3 damaged Sony. 

Although they have done a good job this past couple of years turning things around this Gen was definetly painful at Sony HQ with some lessons well learned for next gen. 

How much the PS3 damaged Sony earller on, and seeing what the PS3 is offering as of recent which could lead some to believe that Sony won this gen are two different things.

I don't even like wii but you'r a blind fanboy if you think its not the clear winner here :)

LivingMetal said:
Mandalore76 said:
KylieDog said:

As much as I'm agreeing with what you are saying, using the term "fanboy" could get you banned here.  Just becareful, please.

10-4, I just didn't know what else to call someone who believes/justifies that.