By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

WHO WON??

Sony's PS3 419 34.57%

Microsoft's Xbox 360 102 8.42%

Nintendo's Wii 691 57.01%

Total:1,212
pokymon90 said:
Microsoft made more money from Xbox........so obviously Xbox 360 won the 7th generation of consoles.

Pretty sure Nintendo made more money than Mircosoft. 

Around the Network
HikenNoAce said:
MohammadBadir said:
HikenNoAce said:
MohammadBadir said:

Wii won, you can't deny it.
I know a lot of Sony fanboys will say PS3 won, or are hopeful/acting that they know the PS3 will outsell the Wii(which is extremely unlikely), but the PS3 was sold at a loss for a while and that hurt Sony big time, while every single Wii sold gave Nintendo a profit, they were litteraly at a point where Microsoft offered to buy them, but the Wii and DS gave Nintendo a shit ton of money to the point that that offer withered away

So, are you implying that the Gamecube beat the PS2?

how the hell did i imply that

You're talking about financials. Nintendo made more money during the PS2/GC era than Sony did with the PS2.

...I honestly didn't know that, I assumed selling 7 times as much as the GCN would get them more money but, wow.

anyways, Nintendo won by having the most sales, getting the most profit is a really,really big bonus or something.

and to those of you are so sure about the fact that PS3 will outsell the Wii, think about it, at the pace it's selling now it will still take a while for it to do so, and with the PS4 and Xbox One around the corner, expect the PS3 sales to drop

Cos said:
Xbox 360 elevated everyone's game in the online department, every else had to play catch up
Wii, sold the most hardware software - but should really be considered a market of its own
PS3 is winning overall hardware sales, but is behind Xbox 360 by about 88 million pieces of software.
Xbox Gained huge market share this generation
PS3 lost huge market share this generartion

So
Nintendo
Xbox 360
PS3

Xbox Live did not majorly cause their sales to rise. Microsoft likened their product in third party offerings to Sony so gamers couldnt tell the difference. When Sony slipped up with the price people sided with Microsoft because the it was cheaper and the third party titles were all 95% the same. Sony won but it was cleanly because of better first party.

JoeFlex said:
I'm surprised how much people voted for the PS3, even though at this point the Wii is the winner.

..... not really.

I think its because they are ignoring Nintendos existence since Nintendo pandered to the casuals. Wii won the marketshare, but Sony and MS are still running along decently. They could definitely threaten the Wii if they sell another 10 million soon enough.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
JoeFlex said:
I'm surprised how much people voted for the PS3, even though at this point the Wii is the winner.

..... not really.

I think its because they are ignoring Nintendos existence since Nintendo pandered to the casuals. Wii won the marketshare, but Sony and MS are still running along decently. They could definitely threaten the Wii if they sell another 10 million soon enough.

I think it could pass it, to be honest. Will it? Another question. PS3 hardly touched emerging markets and it's just growing there, and Sony is still supporting it. 360 to a certain extent too - albeit I don't think it could pass the Wii, but it will benefit from the emerging markets.

Around the Network

Console generations don't really have winners and losers. There are people still in business and the unemployed. Despite the hideous economy, no one wound up unemployed this generation. I suppose everybody wins.

Nintendo obviously won the hardware sold war, and they actually turned a profit on every sale. That's good, because the Wii has an infamously low attach rate, especially for third party games. The Wii did not make great gobs of money on games. It made great gobs of money on hardware.

Sony may not have sold as many units as Nintendo, but they had a much better attach rate. Somewhat better than Xbox, in fact, which is why Microsoft could not possibly have won this generation.

KylieDog said:
PS3. I define gens by the hardware and don't see Wii as the same gen.

GameCube and N64 were more powerful than the PS2 and PS, does that make them last gen compared to Ninty's consoles? Fuck no. The Wii is 7th gen, DEAL WITH IT

KylieDog said:
MohammadBadir said:
KylieDog said:

GameCube and N64 were more powerful than the PS2 and PS, does that make them last gen compared to Ninty's consoles? Fuck no. The Wii is 7th gen, DEAL WITH IT

Comparable hardwares, Wii is comparable to PS2, GC, XB1, so that is the gen I stick it in. 'Deal with it'.

Well then, I do wonder where you stick the GB/C/A, 3/DS, Ouya and last but not least, PC?

And no offense, but saying Consoles/anything are not in a specific generation when time clearly says so is one of the most retarded things I've ever heard, seriously, might as well call me a last gen human because I like retro games and old music.

KylieDog said:

Of course you do, that's really the only way you could spin it to make PS3 the winner.

MohammadBadir said:
KylieDog said:
MohammadBadir said:
KylieDog said:

Comparable hardwares, Wii is comparable to PS2, GC, XB1, so that is the gen I stick it in. 'Deal with it'.

Well then, I do wonder where you stick the GB/C/A, 3/DS, Ouya and last but not least, PC?

And no offense, but saying Consoles/anything are not in a specific generation when time clearly says so is one of the most retarded things I've ever heard, seriously, might as well call me a last gen human because I like retro games and old music.

Nintendo runs handhelds hands down and PC doesn't count since it isn't a console. It doesn't adhere the generations.