By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What generation of gamer are you?

What console generation did you start on?

1st: Magnovox Odessy / Coleco Telstar 7 2.97%

2nd: Atari 2600 / Magnav... 31 13.14%

3rd: NES/ SG1000 / Atari 7800 65 27.54%

4th: Super NES / SEGA Genesis 50 21.19%

5th: Atari Jaguar / Sega ... 58 24.58%

6th: SEGA Dreamcast / PS2 / GameCube / Xbox 16 6.78%

7th: Xbox 360 / PS3 / Wii 8 3.39%

Or are you brand new to g... 0 0%

Total:235

A lot of teens in here it seems.

Around the Network

Nintendo 64 brought me into gaming.

Gen 5.

Started at tail end of the Genesis/NES generation but mainly grew up with the SNES/later Genesis 16 bit gen, which I still contend was the golden age of gaming.

I had a Sega master system 2 as a child but I didnt get serious about gaming until I picked up a PS1 so 5th gen.

Check out my Youtube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePSXcollector

Atari 2600 is the console I started gaming on. But I was very young. I remember Jungle Hunt and Mario Bros and Centipede on that system. Along with great sports games. Atari was excellent. Then is was NES/SNES that that really put gaming as a hobby of mine.

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

Around the Network

ZX Spectrum/C64...guess that's NES generation, if we count Japan launch date (1983)

PS2, although i prefer the PS1/snes era

Commodore 64 in 1985. Which console generation would that equal?

PC-gamer since 1995

First console was N64 in 1999, soon after Ocarina of Time released.

I didn't get into gaming until very late in the 6th generation with PS2 and a little later PSP

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

I started playing games on the Amstrad CPC464 so around 3rd gen. I'm a weird one though as it was a hand me down; it was actually released a year before I was born!