By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What generation of gamer are you?

What console generation did you start on?

1st: Magnovox Odessy / Coleco Telstar 7 2.97%

2nd: Atari 2600 / Magnav... 31 13.14%

3rd: NES/ SG1000 / Atari 7800 65 27.54%

4th: Super NES / SEGA Genesis 50 21.19%

5th: Atari Jaguar / Sega ... 58 24.58%

6th: SEGA Dreamcast / PS2 / GameCube / Xbox 16 6.78%

7th: Xbox 360 / PS3 / Wii 8 3.39%

Or are you brand new to g... 0 0%

Total:235

Atari 2600, Sinclair ZX Spectrum, but back then I was just a kid. Family Game ( a NES clon, took its name from FAMICOM ), SNES, Mega Drive, N64, PS1, Wii, PS3 and 3DS, in that order, leaving a side my pc gaming.

Around the Network

5th gen. First console I played and owned was the PS1.

5th gen. We got a PS1 in 1995.

As a side note, I had no idea Atari Jaguar was part of the same generation as the PS1/N64/Saturn. Shame on me.

I started on atari something I don't know which one of them it was but I was about 5

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

1st gen here.

My very first game console was a 3 in 1 pong style machine called Telejogo that my father gave it to me when i was 3.  

Around the Network

I want to say it was the atari 2600 because I do remember playing it but it was the NES that we actually owned. I was also PC gaming back then.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

Started on the Atari 2600 then my video game addiction went to new heights with the NES.

I was raised on Sega Saturn / PS1. PS1 is my favourite console and most of my favourite games are from the 5th gen.

I technically started with the SNES, but I was very young and I only had like 5 games (in fact the only popular games I owned were Mario Kart, DKC and Mario World), and I rarely played with it.

I really start gaming with the N64, so that's the gen I consider to be my first. 

Nintendo and PC gamer

My first console was the Gamecube, but I actually started gaming with Zsnes on my brothers' PC. Heh.