By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What generation of gamer are you?

What console generation did you start on?

1st: Magnovox Odessy / Coleco Telstar 7 2.97%

2nd: Atari 2600 / Magnav... 31 13.14%

3rd: NES/ SG1000 / Atari 7800 65 27.54%

4th: Super NES / SEGA Genesis 50 21.19%

5th: Atari Jaguar / Sega ... 58 24.58%

6th: SEGA Dreamcast / PS2 / GameCube / Xbox 16 6.78%

7th: Xbox 360 / PS3 / Wii 8 3.39%

Or are you brand new to g... 0 0%

Total:235

My first system was a GameBoy Color, my first console was Gamecube, but I would often play N64 at my friend's house.
I don't think I would have gotten into video games were it not for Pokemon Blue.

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

Around the Network

I would have to be a Zero, cause you forgot Super Pong!

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

Arcades and some Atari would be my first gaming memories, but the first system my family owned was the ColecoVision with Donkey Kong (3rd party Nintendo, haha). So I said 2nd. But I was very young.

But I grew up with NES and SNES, so I would more consider myself 3rd to be honest.

Started with the third generation on NES.

The 5th, had my n64 when I was 7 and had awesome games ='D then I turned 8 or 9 or so and got a ps1 and got even more great games!

Around the Network

1st gen

Born in 1970

This is my first console:

4th gen was the best gen to start :)

Then again, itd be amazing to be a kid today, they will live out gens long after our generation dies off

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Second generation:

But most of my friends and family members had the Atari 2600.

But Turbo was a blast at the time with that racing wheel:

atari 2600 with pole position a incredibly hard impossible racing game, and asteroids, and pacman which were some of my favorites then.

I had one of those 3 in 1 'pong style' tv game consoles (with tennis,hockey and football...remarkably all 3 games played pretty much the same as each other but there were more players on the screen depending on which game you played!)