By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - FINALLY played and finished Mass Effect (3) And I STILL don't see what all the fuss is about (spoilers)

Tagged games:

Did you love Mass Effect (3)?

Best game ever made! 1 1.75%

Best series/trilogy ever made 11 19.30%

It's great so many posit... 21 36.84%

It was a good experience to have 7 12.28%

It was okay, not bad, just average 11 19.30%

It was bad, really bad, r... 2 3.51%

Worst game ever made, not... 4 7.02%

Total:57
Ajescent said:

I guess it's safe to say then that the game was genuinely unfinished when it was released?

Could have been a better game with more time. But I don't think it'll change the fact the story of the third game wasn't very good.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
if your squadmates keep dying its because you are not controlling them, putting them behind cover etc.

i have to say that i dont agree with what you said, only the end was a little bad ( they ruineed it for me after the extended cut ).

Maibe this game is not for you but you made a mistake when you didnt played mass effect 1 and 2 before.

When I wrote "ordered her to move to B" B was behind cover, she still ignored me.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Mr Puggsly said:
Ajescent said:

I guess it's safe to say then that the game was genuinely unfinished when it was released?

Could have been a better game with more time. But I don't think it'll change the fact the story of the third game wasn't very good.

I think their were two fundamental issues with ME3's story. Firstly is the change of lead writers for the last game of the series. I'm not saying the ending would have been more well received with the original lead writer but I dont think their would have been such a thematic break from the first two games. The main issue is the fact that they hadn't planned out the overall arc of the trilogy ahead of time. If they had, the change in lead writers may not have been such a drag on the game. At the very least, they should have let the writers that handled Tuchanka and Rannoch in ME3 handle the whole game. I've said much on this subject so I won't go in big rant again, but I'll say this. ME3 had several issues outside of the ending. The rage over the ending overshadowed the rest of the games glaring flaws.

Wagram said:
I liked the original ending personally, outside of the one scene with hacket and joker they added in the extended ending. It was something I could appreciate, but at the same time not an ending that I wanted. It left a lot open to the imagination, and as evident by 2012 as a whole. People hate endings that aren't peaches and rainbows.

Right.  Because *spoilers maybe* everyone hated Bioshock Infinite's ending.  And remember the outcry about Infamous 2's ending (good Cole ending at least).  And Red Dead Redemption's ending.  Boy everyone hated that one...

No people don't "hate endings that aren't peaches and rainbows".  They hate endings that don't make sense, introduce a *literal* deus ex machina that the last moment, and fail to deliver on the promise that developers made.

JWeinCom said:
Wagram said:
I liked the original ending personally, outside of the one scene with hacket and joker they added in the extended ending. It was something I could appreciate, but at the same time not an ending that I wanted. It left a lot open to the imagination, and as evident by 2012 as a whole. People hate endings that aren't peaches and rainbows.

Right.  Because *spoilers maybe* everyone hated Bioshock Infinite's ending.  And remember the outcry about Infamous 2's ending (good Cole ending at least).  And Red Dead Redemption's ending.  Boy everyone hated that one...

No people don't "hate endings that aren't peaches and rainbows".  They hate endings that don't make sense, introduce a *literal* deus ex machina that the last moment, and fail to deliver on the promise that developers made.

Thanks for saving me the trouble. People seem to completely miss the point of why the Mass Effect 3 ending was/is so reviled.

Around the Network

I really enjoyed them, 3 less so. I really enjoyed the 'universe', it will be interesting to see how it grows.

Agreed. Enjoyed all 3, especially 2. I know they said you could effect the ending with your choices and you did but I really like games where they have a story to tell and you can't change it. Like watching a movie or show and like reading also. I never understood why so many people complained.

See your problem is playing ME3 first...

To understand how the fans felt play the entire series and then experience the kick in teeth vanilla ending. I am very thankful to the fan outcry despite how "entitled" many haters think they are; the fact is that the complaints garnered content that for the most part fixed the ending and made a much better game.

As for Mass Effect 3 as a whole, it's not the best in the series but it's a good game and could have been so much more.

well I didn't really like 1 (good ideas but, But an RPG with crappy shooting). or 3 (I hated)...

I loved 2, why I can't say just a bunch of little things that bugged the hell out of me in the other games weren't there.... and you didn't play that theres still hope!

Awesome OP.

I feel similar.