By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Smash Bros Wii U & 3DS isn’t Aimed at Experts

Typical gaming media, spinning anything to do with Nintendo negatively. Or rather, typical Craptaku.

Around the Network

No, Melee was bug-exploited until an intensely difficult and harsh playstyle that barely resembles the original game was forced upon any serious player.

I agree  100% , but the thing is, I had much much more fun with the bug exploited "harsh" melle than I ever did with brawl or the orignal, maybe its just because I expierenced the hardcore smash scene (was ranked 3rd in my state on Smash Boards) and now I cant go back.  All that I, and really everyone that played the game at tournmanets wanted was for  all of the blugs and exploits to be oficially added and smoothed rather than taken out outright. 

Who is John Galt?

3DS Friend Code : 2535-4338-9000 

AMD FX 8150 , 8 GB DDR3 Kingston Memory,  EVGA GTX 560 TI 2 GB superclocked, Samsung 256 GB SSD

CityOfNoobs said:

No, Melee was bug-exploited until an intensely difficult and harsh playstyle that barely resembles the original game was forced upon any serious player.

I agree  100% , but the thing is, I had much much more fun with the bug exploited "harsh" melle than I ever did with brawl or the orignal, maybe its just because I expierenced the hardcore smash scene (was ranked 3rd in my state on Smash Boards) and now I cant go back.  All that I, and really everyone that played the game at tournmanets wanted was for  all of the blugs and exploits to be oficially added and smoothed rather than taken out outright. 

I'l preface this by saying I don't like any of the Smash Bros games, but I feel that the exploits of Melee seriously diminish it, forcing players to play in a fiddly way to be competitive.

Isn't that how Brawl was supposed to be? I'd say Brawl was easier to pick up than Melee, but Brawl was still really deep.

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

noname2200 said:
JWeinCom said:

Melee, at a high level, was a very technically demanding game. 

I've always subscribed to the theory that Melee's greatest defenders were folks who fell in love with a game that was never meant to happen.

Similar to champions of Snaking, although the pro-Melee crowd was not quite as cruel.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network
Fifaguy360 said:
JWeinCom said:
morenoingrato said:
So... the same as Brawl and Melee?

Clearly you didn't play competitve Melee...

Aye. Melee was the peak of SSB greatness. Brawl was so dumbed down I stopped playing after 3 months.

I actually like Brawl better.  Melee is certainly more technically demanding though.

Some of your comments read as if accessibility is achieved by breaking the game's balance.

Though OP mentions that Sakurai describes in good detail the balancing strategy, most of us are going on to say that it will be between melee and brawl.

The most important thing to get out of this thread is that a balanced game does not make a game less accessible at all. Having said that, the makers are targetting a non-competitive crowd. That doesn't mean that they will ignore the quality of balancing.

his idealogy about Smash is nothing new. If anything, Smash U will be much more hardcore than Brawl due to the speed enhancements of the chars. Will it be on par with Melee, no, but much more competitve than brawl is.

Fifaguy360 said:
wfz said:
anthony64641 said:

Some people in the comments section took this article as if Sakurai wasn’t going to be putting advanced mechanics in for pro players. Which is not the case. He just wants his game to be accessible enough people can pick it up and start playing, Yet still have the depth to master for experienced players.

This right here basically describes how everyone is going to interpret this title and respond to the thread (because very, very few people will read your entire OP). You could have helped alleviate such responses by putting more effort into your title, but I understand that you wanted clicks.

I think people are skeptical because of what Brawl was compared to Melee. They stripped nearly everything that made Melee so competitive.

brawl could of been more technical had he left in L canceling (which was in the demo version), but took it out at the last moment.  Obviously the speed of the chars and wave dashing was the biggest things taken out though.

Good news for me

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064