By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - So me and my gf just broke up

Well if anyone wants pics of me you can always check my instagram :)

Around the Network
theprof00 said:
JoeFlex said:
theprof00 said:

Seems like we were in a very similar situation. I could've written that exact post. Except, I was definitely in love, just not the right kind of love that makes intimate relationships work.

And you're 100% right about that. All these college girls are ridiculous.

Was it not reciprocal then? Elaborate, if u don't mind. I might have been at one point, but I noticed I loved her more than she loved me at year 2 or 3, so I dropped some of those feelings lol Or at least I trained myself to. That's a dangerous situation to be in - when you're in deeper than the other person. At one point it seemed as if I was diving and she was doggy paddling. I'm not up for that shit. All in or bust.

Seems like you two were on different wave lengths. Well ... at least you can be friends. Mind deleted me on Skype, Twitter, Whatsapp .... everything.

Well, I don't want to get into all the messy details, but the long and short of it was that I wasn't happy and looked to other people (girls) for companionship. I mean, I didn't cheat on her, but I definitely kissed some girls and partied a lot because I just wasn't getting that kind of attention at home. It was just like one headache after another. It was almost as if my sole existence was just to make her feel good. There was no reciprocity, just me worrying about her bills, and constant unwarranted criticism.

At one point, early on I did love her more than she loved me, and she broke my heart, breaking up with me for another guy. After we got back together in like, year 3, she loved me more.

But yeah, we started on the same page and just somehow ended up on different wavelengths. That's exactly the right phrase. She just stopped being my girlfriend and was just more like a roommate who I had sex with and hung out with.

PS: When I say I loved, and still love her, I mean as a person. Not only is she beautiful, and smart, and funny, her personality is just so great. We COULD be best friends, so long as the 'responsibilities' of a relationship didn't exist....if that makes sense to you.

Yea, it’s funny how that happens. I am not ashamed to admit it but I cheated on mine for those reasons. I was faithful for 3 straight years, and then I got fed up. Ladies have been coming my way for years and I kept ignoring them. I figured, if she was being selfish and self-absorbed I might as well be selfish too. I felt bad at first, and I opted not to do it again, but she grew more persistent in her ways .. so you know Jin go lo ba. When your GF is not making you feel your worth and other people are doing it, there is bound to be problems.

I think a difference between our situations might be the involvement with parents. Everything you described seems similar, but mine was too beholden to her parents. It was like a 4 person relationship. And that was very influential in the relationship’s demise. Everything we did had to go through them. Wtf? Felt like a kid from the Mickey Mousy Club in a make believe relationship.

As I tell the lady friends … don’t worry if your man is arguing or mad in a bad situation. Worry when he says nothing if he’s displease or after a shit storm. He (or she) will remedy the situation in time – either by cheating or setting up the foundation to leave.

Okay I got you. Then I feel the same.  You love her as in you care for her and what not, but not necessarily ‘in love’ with her, no?

Did she accept you as a gamer?

theprof00 said:
cablebox said:
post some pics please, I haven't masturbate today :D thk you

of me or her?

Oh haha, ninja'd by Kantor.

her, you whatever, I just want to fap dude, if only there was a place where I could go and get access to unlimited explicit content :(, a man can dream

theprof00 said:
DeadlyCatalyst said:
DONT HANG OUT WITH HER! Why do people insist on causing themselves pain? Seriously dude, if there's no hope of staying together as a couple and you don't have kids then leave her the in the past.

haha, yeah, I know the advice, I've heard it before.

It's definitely over, but really it would be a shame to throw away what we have and my future gf will just have to accept that. She really is my best friend. We will figure it out, it'll just take time :D

I have to agree with DeadlyCatalyst: Stop hanging out with her for a while. I'm not saying stop being friends forever, but there's just no way of being actual "friends" directly after splitting up. It just doesn't work. It may even seem to work great for a while, but as soon as she dates another guy, any talk about "staying friends" will prove to be the blather that it is.

My personal experience by the way suggests that the suggestion to "stay friends" usually comes from the person who did the actual split up and is hardly more than a very selfish move that looks like being nice, while for the person accepting this suggestion it's hardly more than a last straw they catch at, but that only prolongs their suffering.

badgenome said:
theprof00 said:

I did force her to play flower

Definitely not your fault, then... she didn't deserve you!

+1

9 years... that's a lot for a relationship.

Around the Network

9 years and breaking up ain't easy, I'm barely a year with my girlfriend and can't imagine breaking up.
Keep it up.

to soon?

'Video games are bad for you? That's what they said about rock-n-roll.'
-Shigeru Miyamoto

ArnoldRimmer said:
theprof00 said:
DeadlyCatalyst said:
DONT HANG OUT WITH HER! Why do people insist on causing themselves pain? Seriously dude, if there's no hope of staying together as a couple and you don't have kids then leave her the in the past.

haha, yeah, I know the advice, I've heard it before.

It's definitely over, but really it would be a shame to throw away what we have and my future gf will just have to accept that. She really is my best friend. We will figure it out, it'll just take time :D

I have to agree with DeadlyCatalyst: Stop hanging out with her for a while. I'm not saying stop being friends forever, but there's just no way of being actual "friends" directly after splitting up. It just doesn't work. It may even seem to work great for a while, but as soon as she dates another guy, any talk about "staying friends" will prove to be the blather that it is.

My personal experience by the way suggests that the suggestion to "stay friends" usually comes from the person who did the actual split up and is hardly more than a very selfish move that looks like being nice, while for the person accepting this suggestion it's hardly more than a last straw they catch at, but that only prolongs their suffering.

Well, I'm not a jealous type, so I don't really care who she hangs out with.

Hmmm...so you think I'm prolonging her suffering? Do you think I'm being mean by trying to continue the friendship??

sales2099 said:
9 years? please enlighten me how you could break up after that long?

Because I have been with my gf for 2.5 years so far and it is scary to think that even long term relationships such as yours are able to fall apart. I see mine going the distance but stories such as yours make me wonder.

Care to explain what exactly made it end?

It's quite simple. Not everyone stays together simply because it's safe and they are doing "pretty good". Some people break up because they want passion again. Some people want more. They feel they can find someone where the passion will last forever.

I was walking down along the street and I heard this voice saying, "Good evening, Mr. Dowd." Well, I turned around and here was this big six-foot rabbit leaning up against a lamp-post. Well, I thought nothing of that because when you've lived in a town as long as I've lived in this one, you get used to the fact that everybody knows your name.

I think you're lying and just want Steam games
(Note I don't actually think you're lying)