By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Honest Question: What's so good about the Last of Us?

I played at a retail store near by and seemed rather boring to me. You walk, walk, kill somebody, the walk..., etc. I mean the visual side of things is stunning and the story I am sure is great, but can somebody tell me what's so good about the gameplay. Please do not attack me Naughty Dog/The Last of Us fanboys :).

Around the Network

Honest answer:

Everything.

And yeah that includes the amazing gameplay and feeling of tension as you play. Few games if any capture that. Freedom to tackle situations with various ways and so forth.

question: what kind of game do you like?

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Just like Aldro said, everything about it is amazing. It does everything so spectacularly that it is hard for me to say it is anything under amazing.

Everything. :) and you have to play the whole game before you write something like this.

Around the Network

I've only played it for just over 30 minutes so I have no right to give an answer that would be honest or valid but lets be honest you walk, run, jump and kill in most games, if it has a good story to drive the walking, running, jumping and killing then great and the visuals are just a plus :)

playing it without listining mode also makes it alot better imo:)

On a side note, why not check out the reviews it has gotten and read them to see why it is so highly rated and praised. I just suggest skipping the quarter to three review like everyone else does.

I think its very similar to resident evil 4 like an upgrade

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

Everything, but what really pulls you in is the story and how emotionally involved and attached you feel towards Joel and Ellie.

The best way to find out if you can trust somebody is to trust them.

Ernest Hemmingway