By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - EAs Wii exclusives--The right idea?

lolita said:

MySims is a good idea for both EA and Ninty because I'm member on the Sims 2 site, and on forums, I hear many Simmers say they would buy a Wii or DS just to get MySims... I know crazy!

As for the other titles, they sound nice too for kids (hey they play vg too, let's not forget them and give them proper games!) I might even try it! XD

Actuly I am not suprised at all, MySims looks good and seems to play good. Ad Wii Sport or something similar to it and you find yourself with a party machin plus something you can play when you feel for it.

Buy it and pray to the gods of Sigs: Naznatips!

Around the Network

I think EA's plans for the Wii will deifantly show fruit for them financially however I don't think it is good for the industry. EA's Wii exclusive titles are being rushed to market as far as I'm concerned and from knowing alot about EACanada I know they don't give their Wii projects anywhere near the same amount of attention as PS3/360 projects.

In past interviews EACanada has talked about how expensive it is for them to make a PS3/360 game and how much cheaper it is to make a Wii game. So the question is if its already so much cheaper to make a Wii game , couldn't they at least put a larger budget on them.

Look at their games , nothing graphically impressive so far. Nothing the X-Box couldn't handle and for the most successful and wealthiest third party I expect better. I expect to see them give Wii games a bigger budget I expect to see Doom3/RE4 graphic games on the Wii not Boogie!

Honestly this is an issue with all the publishers and they should be ashamed! EA is only going to monopolize Nintendo's platform like they have the others. This intern will damage the other publishers and leave the Wii with sports titles and constant sequals.

So EA is nothing but trouble I hope UbiSoft has it in them to kick EA's @$$ out of the Wii's market place. We don't want EA here!

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

I think EA is doing the right thing for the Wii market -- a mix of simple and complex games in a broad variety of genres, which is what the Wii library sorely needs right now.

EA has deep pockets and can afford major licenses and long development cycles, and the Wii is benefiting from that.  I'm very pleased that they ported Godfather to Wii with excellent controls (even my wife has logged a good 21 hours working for the family at this point), and I'm looking forward to Boogie and maybe MySims.  Also, hoping that the controls get tweaked a bit for the '08 Tiger Woods iteration, I opted not to pick this year's edition up.

Yes, I hope that lower Wii development costs enable some smaller studios to innovate as they have on the DS.  But Nintendo's console really needs EA and Ubisoft too, as well as Sega and Capcom and Konami and such, if the Wii is going to sustain its strong start.

Shane said:
Boogie, Playground, and MySims are for people in their 30s-40s? When the stereotype is ready to be dropped, it will be.

Few publishers seem willing to let it go, and Nintendo's made way too much money off it to do so themselves. They may be attempting to deemphasize it to an extent, but they know where their sweet spot is. They know who's going to buy Pokemon no matter how many rainbows it goes through.

Would Disney drop Mickey Mouse, Hannah Montana, and High School Musical because a Miramax film performed well? I will agree that Sims has a heavy female influence, though I disagree it's mostly adults. Teenage girls are the core Sims audience, with early 20s as a best case scenario.

Don't know about boogie and Playground but MySims yes!

About the pokemon thing I know more than one 24+ year male that plays all pokemon games released. Mayby you should release that it isn't only kids that like "non-mature" games. I think I honestly can see myself playing MySims.

Don't know if you have seen the graphical style for Space Station Tycoon but you will se me buy that game, without any doubt. Because I think it looks lovely and I do love space, but are not much for this violent Space Marin games. I am an explorer/builder when I play Alpha Centauri not a warlord.

Buy it and pray to the gods of Sigs: Naznatips!

I don't think making games for kids is a bad thing. There's a good sized market that needs to be filled, and Nintendo's focus on that space has significant potential to make it money. The people most threatened by Nintendo's kiddy image are its fans, particularly the older ones who want more than smiling clouds and cheery colors (but who won't get it). During Nintendo's reign, gaming was largely for male teenage geeks. As Sony pushed into the industry, the average age went close to 30.