By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Heartbroken Xbox One employee lets rip.

Tagged games:

If this is real then this guy was completely delusional and drinking deep from the MS kool-aid. I get the feeling that they would have just made things worse if they were giving interviews before the reversal decision as they just made the share scheme sound terrible.

You don't force a major and drastic change on consumer behaviour and culture without backlash. The market and consumers decide when the future is, not a single company and it's vision of what the future should be. They could still introduce some of these systems if they do it gradually and without restricting current consumer behaviour/rights (and I fully expect some of these schemes to be gradually re-introduced in time).

Around the Network

There was a post made on PasteBin by an apparent Microsoft employee, a post that said that Family Sharing was just a glorified way of sharing demos. This would have not only been annoying to those who liked the sound of the feature, but it would have meant that Microsoft were flat out lying about something they were advertising. Not a mistake in an interview sort of lying, but across most of their promotional materials.
In the wake of the PasteBin “reveal,” several Microsoft employees have taken to Twitter to clarify that it was exactly what they said it was, and that there’s actually still a chance it may return for digital titles…
@EvilFiek No, that would be silly. Don’t believe everything you read online!
— Marc Whitten (@notwen) June 21, 2013
@lx_KillFace_xl There was no time limit, it was as we described. Team still investing in more digital features over time.
— Aaron Greenberg (@aarongreenberg) June 21, 2013
http://www.gamesreviews.com/news/06/microsoft-clarify-family-sharing-wasnt-only-demos/

just seems like another Microsoft hater created a fake account to write this

what i find funny is why cant people who buy digital games still share their games?

jsut cause drm is remove they cant do it lol.

It is impossible to continue to deliver movie like experiences at the current costs without giving up something in return.

I don't want movie-like experiences, they detract from gaming, so I won't give up anything for it, and I don't care if they stop making them.

Around the Network

More fake bullshit that someone copy and pasted rumors from another fake post. He/she says they can explain it better then say the exact same thing.

No one awaites from developers that they should deliver only movie like AAA experiences all the time. Really it is the developers problem if there games cost to much, they should get started again than making video games and not movies with only focus on graphics and vestigial gameplay. They should focus on the substance on the look. All this Uncharted shit games anyways bore the hell out of everyone. They should stop making this shit Uncharted like games and take a example at Demons Souls, Demons Souls is the perfect example how you can make with a small budget and focusing on gameplay and substance a really awesome game and created a huge success for the developer even if the game sells not 5 million copies.

The used games market and development costs would be not that a big problem if developers only would start to create games instead of movies again.

crissindahouse said:
is he sure that he isn't just a fan of another company who tried to write something bad about game sharing?

if it would have been like he says, there is no reason why not everyone could play the "demo" at the same time.

MS have confirmed it wasn't a demo type deal. The people here are believing by choice that is the case. It's desperate and sad. They changed their stance on DRM and you still complain? Seriously, you're like spoilt children. You got what you want, now shut up internet... Jeez...

I feel bad that MS changed its policy. When I heard all they had to say I really wanted to see the XO fail miserably. Now it actually still has a fighting chance in NA. All I know is I won't support a company that only thinks about screwing me over and forcing me to spend as much money as I can.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

curl-6 said:
It is impossible to continue to deliver movie like experiences at the current costs without giving up something in return.

I don't want movie-like experiences, they detract from gaming, so I won't give up anything for it, and I don't care if they stop making them.

thats kind of selfish, but i see where you are comng from, but there are people who do like those. BUT you dont need insane budgets to make a profit on those games. Uncharted series does well selling its 3-5 mil copies each game. Hell Heavy Rain did less than that and excedded expectations and sold even less than the average Uncharted.