By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft to Pull Complete Reversal on Xbox One DRM Policies..

thismeintiel said:

So they went from sharing with 10 people to none?  That seems a bit hasty.  Even Sony allows you to share with 1 other person.

@ ethomaz

Yea, I wasn't personally talking about Titanfall.  I meant like Forza 5, Sunset Overdrive and Dead Rising.  All 3 of them have been confirmed as having cloud processing and have single player modes.  Did MS announce the cloud portion would be optional, or will some games require an online connection?

It's 1 person now? I guess this just shows how often I install my PSN games on other people's PS3s. I remember when you could install your PSN account games on up to five systems. 

Although I would prefer doing that to handing over my copy of retail games. Between people who don't return things without being asked and others who return things in condition any different than what they got it in (virtually all of mine are spotless clean/new), about the only games I'd happily loan out were those I wasn't expecting to get back. 

Around the Network

EA is done for now. Just saying. This is damage control to the max.

greenmedic88 said:
thismeintiel said:

So they went from sharing with 10 people to none?  That seems a bit hasty.  Even Sony allows you to share with 1 other person.

@ ethomaz

Yea, I wasn't personally talking about Titanfall.  I meant like Forza 5, Sunset Overdrive and Dead Rising.  All 3 of them have been confirmed as having cloud processing and have single player modes.  Did MS announce the cloud portion would be optional, or will some games require an online connection?

It's 1 person now? I guess this just shows how often I install my PSN games on other people's PS3s. I remember when you could install your PSN account games on up to five systems. 

Although I would prefer doing that to handing over my copy of retail games. Between people who don't return things without being asked and others who return things in condition any different than what they got it in (virtually all of mine are spotless clean/new), about the only games I'd happily loan out were those I wasn't expecting to get back. 

Well, you can still do it with 4 other people for the ones that originally had it like that.  But for newer games (not sure when they changed the policy) its with only one other person.  Still one more than what MS is doing, now.

So, should we now call it Xbox One 80?

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

And Patcher predicted the fall of DRM on Xbone.

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/zfghde/pach-attack--drm-derailed

lol

Around the Network

Hmm, actually the EA thing is interesting.

Assuming EA removed the online passes knowing that the One was going to be a DRM machine, thus giving MS exclusive EA content and games... How will EA react to this?

Did EA really have anything at all to do with the DRM?

Gonna be an interesting few months.

DeadBigfoot21 said:
ethomaz said:
DeadBigfoot21 said:
I had my pre-order before all this and it will stay there. Now thanks to all the sony fanboys we are all going back to the stone age of gaming. I really liked the family sharing feature but now its gone. Way to ruin a console for some of us that were excited. Back to the stone age like sony has always done it. I hope they add DRM later

Sony fans? If you want to hate somebody... hates the ridiculous low preorders numbers... MS actions is purely based on that.

low pre order numbers?

Thought you haters were also claming it was because of the downclocking of the GPU...

Again just another article started to bash the xbox one just like every other article/thread out there. 

Back to the stone age it is. PS4: It only does Offline and Online in certain countries 

lololololol

reported

tiffac said:
Does this mean If I import the X1 I can now play it anywhere in the world :D

Or does that initial setup a problem for me? :/

they said "region free" so i don't think you'll have a problem but if you are really concerned just wait a while.  the day-1 patch is almost certainly because while the policy changed today the technical solution will be programed between now an launch day.  non-launch consoles will have the updated, no online needed, OS pre-installed.

DeadBigfoot21 said:
I had my pre-order before all this and it will stay there. Now thanks to all the sony fanboys we are all going back to the stone age of gaming. I really liked the family sharing feature but now its gone. Way to ruin a console for some of us that were excited. Back to the stone age like sony has always done it. I hope they add DRM later

I'm finding this comment hard to swallow. If MS took the time to really show the benefits of digital distribution rather than giving us the utter confusion they did then maybe it would have worked. 

Maybe if MS, instead of doing a complete 180, left the best part of all this mess, namely, the "family" game sharing in place, then you'd have nothing to complain about. MS could have done that. They decided to stop the "family" sharing. It's almost a face slap.

It appears MS paniced and should have put a bit more thought into this 180. Instead of a 180, it should have been a compromise, not a complete reversal.

It's all very weird on their part.

Consumer Wins! Flawless Victory!

Hopefully, the MS apologists remember where they put their backbones before this news.

I am the Playstation Avenger.