By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony: Majority of 140 PS4 games are 'back end of 2014'

LurkerJ said:
A lot of delays incoming. Delaystation

Seriously? We're back to calling Playstation stupid names?

Around the Network

It was 500 plus developers interested in developing on PS4, not over 500 games in development.

Sounds good on paper but as previous poster mentioned it doesn't mean quality games just games. I remember when COD was going to save the Vita and it ended up being a pretty bad game.

Somini said:

LurkerJ said:

Many first party titles will get delayed I believe.

Somini said:

LurkerJ said:

All of the systems got called names. Don't play like Sony is the only one. Just ignore it. 

Better to spread the games out. Something the 3DS, Vita and Wii U failed to do.

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

Around the Network
axumblade said:

So far their lineup is better for me than the PS3s launch. I hope that they don't have a drought like the Vita, WiiU and 3DS all seemed to suffer through during their first years on the market.

I'm going to get the Knack bundle. I have PSN+ so I get DriveClub for free. And I'll likely pick up Destiny. That should keep me going until Infamous: Second Son comes out. I'm hoping for more announcements over the next few months so I'll know exactly what to expect around launch time.

No you don't, you will get a piece of Driveclub for free, no idea how big:

Haven`t been paying attention to how many game are released per year on consoles, but isn`t 140 too much?
How can even a good amount of those games have good sales?

Gamegears said:
I seem to remember reading a long time ago.. somewhere that the PSP was going to have 300 games by years end (Can't remember if this was the first or second year) The general response was yeah.. well there was only 2 worth buying... I hope there is not a repeat...

What you consider to be "worth buying" is not the same as everyone else. where you saw 2, others saw more.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Good, but I hope there's going to be enough coming in the "front end" of 2014. THAT is where Wii-U has slipped up - there's plenty coming in the back end of this year, but the front end has been dry as a bone; save for LEGO & MonHun.

Vita was more patchy but at least it managed a retail release a month for the first few months; albeit some of them were merely ports.

flagstaad said:
axumblade said:

So far their lineup is better for me than the PS3s launch. I hope that they don't have a drought like the Vita, WiiU and 3DS all seemed to suffer through during their first years on the market.

I'm going to get the Knack bundle. I have PSN+ so I get DriveClub for free. And I'll likely pick up Destiny. That should keep me going until Infamous: Second Son comes out. I'm hoping for more announcements over the next few months so I'll know exactly what to expect around launch time.

No you don't, you will get a piece of Driveclub for free, no idea how big:

All modes, features, options... limited cars, limited tracks.

That what you will receive