By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon's Best Sellers Discussion

It is really meaningless to discuss any Amazon topic.

Around the Network
thismeintiel said:
iHollowxReaper said:
thismeintiel said:

What's interesting is that the PS4 has 5 SKUs in the top 20 to Xbox's one ( Get it.  One.  ). I bet those 5 put together outsell the Xbox by at least 2x-3x. Of course, I think Gamestop, which probably receives more preorders than Amazon, is also very telling. The PS4 has 6 SKUs in the top 10, while Xbox only has one at #8. Heck, even the DS4 is outselling the Xbox One by 4 spots.

Edit:  Oh, and COD: Ghosts on 360 is even beating the top One SKU.

It's obvious though that the 360 versions of CoD and BF4 will out sell there counter parts on next-gen by alot. Far more people will still be playing their current consoles for awhile.

I was speaking of the actual system, not the Xbox One version of COD.  COD 360 sits one spot above the best selling Xbox One SKU, while the PS4 still has 5 SKUs above it.

Ah I see my bad. It seems it's starting to change already with 3 X1 games in the top 20 after todays news.

Looks like the Amazon top 20 list as changed. No PS4 games and 3 Xbox One games.

Forza 5, Call of Duty Ghosts, and Dead Rising 3. Also Xbox One still at the top.

MB1025 said:
Looks like the Amazon top 20 list as changed. No PS4 games and 3 Xbox One games.

Forza 5, Call of Duty Ghosts, and Dead Rising 3. Also Xbox One still at the top.

What's really more important is the best sellers for the entire year.  For example, if you go on Amazon Germany, you will see that the PS4 is #1 and the Xbox One is #3 in the bestsellers list.  However, if you look at best sellers for the year, it shows an entire different story.  PS4 is #1, while Xbox One is only #31.  Big difference.

On the UK site, currently, the Xbox is #2 and the PS4 is #4.  Look at the best sellers for the year, PS4 is #4 and Xbox is only #70.  On the French site, the PS4 is #3 and the Xbox is #7.  Look at the best sellers of the year, PS4 is only #33 and Xbox hasn't even broken the top 100.  And lastly, the US site, Xbox is #1 and the PS4 is #3.  Look at best sellers for the year, PS4 is #2 and Xbox is only #8.

thismeintiel said:
MB1025 said:

What's really more important is the best sellers for the entire year.  For example, if you go on Amazon Germany, you will see that the PS4 is #1 and the Xbox One is #3 in the bestsellers list.  However, if you look at best sellers for the year, it shows an entire different story.  PS4 is #1, while Xbox One is only #31.  Big difference.

On the UK site, currently, the Xbox is #2 and the PS4 is #4.  Look at the best sellers for the year, PS4 is #4 and Xbox is only #70.  On the French site, the PS4 is #3 and the Xbox is #7.  Look at the best sellers of the year, PS4 is only #33 and Xbox hasn't even broken the top 100.  And lastly, the US site, Xbox is #1 and the PS4 is #3.  Look at best sellers for the year, PS4 is #2 and Xbox is only #8.

I think it's best too see this as the tide changing for the better for MS. It only broke news yesterday.

Around the Network
iHollowxReaper said:
thismeintiel said:
MB1025 said:

I think it's best too see this as the tide changing for the better for MS. It only broke news yesterday.

Agreed, though this won't change things too much anyway!

thismeintiel said:
MB1025 said:

Outsiude of North America PS4 was able to be pre ordered way back in February because places don't wait for official release. Microsoft was able to be pre ordered in May. So you do the math on that one.

How many of those pre orders will be taken back by retailers and websites for both systems? A boat load.

There's 4 PS4 bundles in the Top 10. And the PS4 standard edition doesn't guarantee you day 1 shipping - you'll get it when they have them in stock so obviously it isn't as popular as the launch day PS4 which sold out in the first few hours.

ironmanDX said:
secpierre34 said:
Is it me or I dont get consumers. They are buying a less powerful device at a 100$ more. I am one of them because i will get the xbone eventually when cloud computing is actually a thing or when they have a pleasing exlcusive, which i believe they will. But at this moment they are less powerful and more expensive. I dont get this

If everything is about power, the Wii should have ended up last. Wealso get a free 12 month XBLG card when you buy the X1. It's really only $50 or so to most people.

The PS4 comes with a Triple A racing game and PS+ so its still 100€ difference

axumblade said:

While I'm not discussing Amazon's sales, I feel this is an appropriate place for this as well. I would like to point out gamestop's most anticipated list. The Call of Duty: Ghosts bundle is at the top of the list for the PS4 but isn't in the top 10 by itself. Whereas the highest Xbox One copy is at #11. The Xbox One Call of Duty bundle does show up in the top 10 but it's below the Battlefield 4, Ryse, and Dead Rising bundles. Perhaps we're going to see a shift in which console Call of Duty leads in sales on...

PlayStation 4 Call of Duty: Ghosts Bundle - Bundle Contains a PlayStation 4 Console and Call of Duty: Ghosts! for PlayStation 4

by Activision

• Pre-order
  • This item cannot ship to a PO BOX or APO/FPO address
  • Ships to U.S. addresses only
  • Billing does not occur until shipment is processed.
    Pre-order low price guarantee. More info.
  • Limit 1 PlayStation 4 Bundle per household.

BUY NEW

$459.98

PlayStation 4 Watchdogs Bundle - Bundle Contains a PlayStation 4 Console and Watchdogs! for PlayStation 4

by UbiSoft

• Pre-order

BUY NEW

$459.98

PlayStation 4 Battlefield 4 LE Bundle for PlayStation 4

by Electronic Arts

• Pre-order

BUY NEW

$459.98

DualShock 4 Wireless Controller for PlayStation 4

by Sony Computer Entertainment

• Pre-order

BUY NEW

$59.99

Xbox One Battlefield 4 Bundle for Xbox One

by Electronic Arts

• Pre-order
  • Limit 1 Xbox One Bundle per household.

BUY NEW

$559.98

PlayStation 4 Killzone: Shadow Fall Bundle for PlayStation 4

• Pre-order

BUY NEW

$519.97

PlayStation 4 Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag Bundle - Bundle Contains a PlayStation 4 Console and Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag! for PlayStation 4

by UbiSoft

• Pre-order

BUY NEW

$459.98

Call of Duty: Ghosts for Xbox 360

by Activision

BONUSIncludes GameStop bonus!

BUY NEW

$59.99

KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5 ReMIX for PlayStation 3

by SquareEnix

BONUSIncludes GameStop bonus!

BUY NEW

$39.99

PlayStation 4 Madden NFL 25 Bundle - Bundle Contains a PlayStation 4 Console and Madden NFL 25! for PlayStation 4

by Electronic Arts

• Pre-order

BUY NEW

$459.98

Look at it this way, you can walk out the store with a PS4 and a full next gen game for $460, thats $40 cheaper than an XBO with no  bundle, with a game XBO is apporaching $600!. MS Have a really tought battle next gen. Price is going to make it hard  for them to compete.