By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft quashes Xbox One power "downgrading" rumours - "10 times as powerful" as Xbox 360

Let the games be the judge guys, wait for the Digital Foundry reports if you really care that much.

Around the Network

Ya next sony fanboys will say xbox one have same power as wii U ?! and when a game looks exact the same in xbox one and ps4 they will say ps4 graphics is limited because of xbox !

Barozi said:
ugh I hate this "x times the power of" talk. It's so meaningless.

No, it's very meaningful if you get a honest company. When talking in GFlops, it's very easy to understand the "x times more powerful" talk. But here they say 10 times more powerful, that would be indictive of a powerband of 2,400 Glops. Yea right. x5 is the leaked number for the tech specs, of 1.2 TFlops. I don't get why they are constantly lying. It's why Iove Sony, especially this generation. They are hiding nothing. They just announce things, and are straight up. Say exacyly how it is. Being upfront is awesome. MS is way to shady and I believe it's because they are panicing because the PS4 has literally 50% more graphical power than the X1. Than go into the ram, which is just as bad of an adbantage, but it's okay because it's not as noticeable. Graphics are however.

We seriously might see a result in the later half of this generation where games aren't being released for the X1, and nly the PS4 because of it's graphical power. Though, would obviously still be shared being on the PC as well.

Most X1 games at E3 were running on PCs anyway. Wait to launch until Digital foundry dissects it

If that's true, then why don't you just release the specs, MS? Then the techies can analyze your statement based on cold hard facts. I mean 10x more powerful than the 360 would put them at, or slightly above, the PS4. Of course, this is just PR BS, again. That's why they didn't even release the type of RAM that is in it and talked vaguely about 5B transistors. Just like its BS to say they will be 8x as powerful without the Cloud, but with it, it will magically boost it to 10x as powerful. Suuuuure.

Around the Network
slowmo said:
Soleron said:
slowmo said:
JerCotter7 said:

Of course it hasn't been downclocked. It was never revealed so even if it turns out to be less than half the rumour, it will never be downclocked.

Or it could be the rumour was complete bullshit spread by a Sony fanboy as any reasonable person might conclude.

The poor yields rumour is from the guy who FIRST told us that the PS4 and Xbox One would be AMD CPU+GPU. I think we trust him?

Is that the same guy whose 100% correct record has gone spiralling this last month?  Not exactly bet your house on it reliable anymore.

I'm pretty sure he never started the rumour about the downclock though anyway. 

The downclocking is just a guess from others. He just said MS has problems with the yield of the new chips not a word to downclocking. 

Also I am interested in where he went wrong do you have any links ?

Max King of the Wild said:
slowmo said:

Or it could be the rumour was complete bullshit spread by a Sony fanboy as any reasonable person might conclude.

There goes your paranoia that all sony fans are out to get you again

Glad you care so much to stalk me.  Your reading comprehension is still no better I see given I didn't mention anything about them being out to get me or anyone in fact.  Still doesn't disguise the fact the downgrading rumoiur was bullshit spread by Sony fans and not by a "reliable" source.

theprof00 said:
So it's 10x the RAM, and 3-4x the computing power.

Eh, this is definitely wrong.

Rafux said:
Most X1 games at E3 were running on PCs anyway. Wait to launch until Digital foundry dissects it

Even if it would be true, this is nothing unusual. Just because people were especially interested in making MS look bad doesn't mean this doesn't apply to Sony also (as it did before).

thismeintiel said:
If that's true, then why don't you just release the specs, MS? Then the techies can analyze your statement based on cold hard facts. I mean 10x more powerful than the 360 would put them at, or slightly above, the PS4. Of course, this is just PR BS, again. That's why they didn't even release the type of RAM that is in it and talked vaguely about 5B transistors. Just like its BS to say they will be 8x as powerful without the Cloud, but with it, it will magically boost it to 10x as powerful. Suuuuure.

What? Of course they said they use ddr3-ram. They also released a shot of the mainboard where it was totally obvious they use ddr3-ram. What's wrong with you? And of course a lot of techie-stuff we hear currently is PR BS. No matter what company.