By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft quashes Xbox One power "downgrading" rumours - "10 times as powerful" as Xbox 360

I know nothing about computers and hardware so can someone tell me simply, how much more powerful is the PS4 compared to the Xbox 1.

And also how much more powerful the PS4 is over the PS3.

Around the Network
Mistershine said:

Don't the costs from the poor yields fall on Glo-Fo/IBM in this deal? Less chips is a worry but it shouldn't cost MS any money through wasted silicon.

No. MS will be paying per wafer. It's extraordinarily rare to pay per good die.

ironmanDX said:
mutantclown said:
ironmanDX said:

Most games at E3 were running on Xbox ONE's. They wouldn't risk failing infront of the gaming world like that. We haven't heard anything new either since E3.

Doesn't this sound familiar now? Xbox risking failure for doing something every single fan and their mother thought beyond stupid....hmmmm. Nope, can't remember right now.

I don't think it's stupid, there goes your theory... Also,

This didn't quash anything, it made it a bit worse actually.

Only if you didn't read it...

Yeah, 'cause if some Microsoft PR comes out and denies something that quashes anything. He could also come out and say the Xbone crushes PS4 in power, would that also make it true? of course...

RAM does not equal power.....

sigh....

when will people learn

Current Game Machines: 3DS, Wii U, PC.

Currently Playing: X-Com(PC), Smash Bros(WiiU), Banner Saga(PC), Guild Wars 2(PC), Project X Zone(3DS), Luigis Mansion 2(3DS), DayZ(PC)

slowmo said:
Soleron said:
slowmo said:
JerCotter7 said:

Of course it hasn't been downclocked. It was never revealed so even if it turns out to be less than half the rumour, it will never be downclocked.

Or it could be the rumour was complete bullshit spread by a Sony fanboy as any reasonable person might conclude.

The poor yields rumour is from the guy who FIRST told us that the PS4 and Xbox One would be AMD CPU+GPU. I think we trust him?

Is that the same guy whose 100% correct record has gone spiralling this last month?  Not exactly bet your house on it reliable anymore.

I'm pretty sure he never started the rumour about the downclock though anyway. 

CBOAT is it? Nah his record still stands.

Around the Network

I will check again but in twitter he said 8x.

this is all pr from MS

VITA 32 GIG CARD.250 GIG SLIM & 160 GIG PHAT PS3

In terms of Dragon Ball Z characters, who is the Xbox 360 and who is the Xbox 1 with/without cloud?

slowmo said:

Or it could be the rumour was complete bullshit spread by a Sony fanboy as any reasonable person might conclude.

There goes your paranoia that all sony fans are out to get you again

mutantclown said:
ironmanDX said:

I don't think it's stupid, there goes your theory... Also,

This didn't quash anything, it made it a bit worse actually.

Only if you didn't read it...

Yeah, 'cause if some Microsoft PR comes out and denies something that quashes anything. He could also come out and say the Xbone crushes PS4 in power, would that also make it true? of course...

They haven't said that... What are you on about? Do you even know?