By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One headset revealed

looks similar to the 360 headset but maybe a little bit better quality. it's enough for normal multiplayer or some chat sessions but yeah, i will always use a decent headset for some bucks more.

Around the Network

So, both companies send out a terrible headset.

This round goes to MS, since at least theirs looks semi functional.

Meh, have my own headset.

Light said:

Good night lel

Lol, what kind of mic is that for a game console? I hope my Turtle Beach XP400s will work on the PS4.

One of the significant changes made to the Xbox One Wireless Controller is the switch in the frequency band the controller operates on. The wider bandwidth allows not only better performance for the controller, reducing its latency, but greater bandwidth for voice data.

As an example, the Xbox One will support up to 8 controllers (yes this is official). Though, that's ONLY controllers. Headsets, connected to the controller or not, will reduce that number.

As for the Plug-N-Charge kit. The specifications of it have not been released, however it IS (officially) a Lithium-Ion battery. The Play-N-Charge kit comes with the Micro USB cable with an LED on the end, and the Lithium-Ion battery pack. Most likely this will be around $20.00 like the current Play-N-Charge kit is.

You'll be able to charge the pack while playing using the controller as a wired controller (i.e. the wireless connection turns off). It takes approximately 4 hours to charge the battery using the Play-N-Charge kit, which is 50% less time than it took the Xbox 360 to charge a battery using the Play-N-Charge kit.

The way the Xbox One works should result in longer battery life, not simply a longer charge life.

Although it hasn't been announced, I'm guessing Microsoft will officially release the battery packs in a stand-alone retail package. Thus making it only necessary to buy one Play-N-Charge kit, unless you want a new Micro USB cable.

Adinnieken said:
One of the significant changes made to the Xbox One Wireless Controller is the switch in the frequency band the controller operates on. The wider bandwidth allows not only better performance for the controller, reducing its latency, but greater bandwidth for voice data.

As an example, the Xbox One will support up to 8 controllers (yes this is official). Though, that's ONLY controllers. Headsets, connected to the controller or not, will reduce that number.

As for the Plug-N-Charge kit. The specifications of it have not been released, however it IS (officially) a Lithium-Ion battery. The Play-N-Charge kit comes with the Micro USB cable with an LED on the end, and the Lithium-Ion battery pack. Most likely this will be around $20.00 like the current Play-N-Charge kit is.

You'll be able to charge the pack while playing using the controller as a wired controller (i.e. the wireless connection turns off). It takes approximately 4 hours to charge the battery using the Play-N-Charge kit, which is 50% less time than it took the Xbox 360 to charge a battery using the Play-N-Charge kit.

The way the Xbox One works should result in longer battery life, not simply a longer charge life.

Although it hasn't been announced, I'm guessing Microsoft will officially release the battery packs in a stand-alone retail package. Thus making it only necessary to buy one Play-N-Charge kit, unless you want a new Micro USB cable.

WTF are we going to do with 8 controllers on one console? That would be great for a wrestling game I guess, or maybe football!

OT: It looks way more functional and practical than the PS4 earbud. I'm probably gonna get some Turtle Beaches for my XO.

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

Around the Network

nothing to impressive here. If that's the ps4 headset? Then I would have to say the xbox is better at least one thing.

Personally, I like the Polk Audio offerings (X1 exclusives) quite a bit more, and honestly is the only thing revealed about the X1 that makes me consider purchasing the X1.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonevangelho/2013/06/17/first-impressions-polk-audio-n1-surroundbar-for-xbox-one/

news link talking about the partnership, and shows pictures of the headsets.

Talal said:
I will permaban myself if the game releases in 2014.

in reference to KH3 release date

Both are pieces of crap. If you are a serious online gamer you will buy a Turtle Beaches, Astro, etc instead of using these worthless headsets. I can't go back to regular headsets after having Turtle Beaches. Surround sound ftw

It looks a lot better than PS4's one.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Eh, I ditched the standard 360 headset after I broke like 3 of them. For people that bought the plug n play for the 360 did you notice any long term problems? Mine barely holds up an hour now..