By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One headset revealed

Cobretti2 said:
hmm what I want to know is if the new consoles come with a HDMI cable.

The Xbox One comes with an HDMI cable.

Around the Network
Adinnieken said:

I tend to doubt any game developer will make an 8 person game, that tends to go on the insane side of things when you're all playing from one console, but it'd be interesting to see what games someone came up with. 

2 words: Bomber Man!!!

ktay95 said:
i prefer the PS4 one, but thats just because i dont like over/on ear headsets. plus i barely play online MP so it dosent bother me much

The headset isn't required.  It just offers privacy if you're in a home full of people.  Otherwise you can use Kinect as your mic.

I'd imagine if you have the PS4 Camera, the same would be true on the PS4. 

CGI-Quality said:

Yep, confirmed.

Also, I love this has become a comparison thread, and/or how "crappy" they are, especially when nobody here has used either. Pure gold!

I'm talking about the smaller cheaper headsets in general.  You don't have to use either of these headsets to know they're crappy compared to headphone type headsets. 

I own this set of headphones and it's infinitely better than any of the headsets I've used.  Comfortable and have never had a problem hearing anyone or being heard by anyone.  Both chat audio and game audio comes through the headphones and you can adjust each.  They're also fairly durable.  Wired only, but eh, long enough cord.  There are wireless ones whether you want to get the Sony one or others.

http://www.amazon.com/Force-Amplified-Stereo-Gaming-Headset-Pc/dp/B002I0J5CO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1371572483&sr=8-1&keywords=p11

Ill just use that piece of crap ps4 ear bud with the xone as well if it still supports a 2.5mm jack lol, until I decide which headset I'd like to purchase for the xone. Heres to hoping my sony pulse elites will work with the ps4, they fucking better.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE  PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

Around the Network
slowmo said:
I think both look cheap and tacky, loved the 360 wireless headset this gen so hopefully they'll do a similar device. I'm not sold on using Kinect as its just easier and more convenient to mute a headset with the press of a button without interrupting your game. I'm sure Kinect will be fine for multiplayer sessions but when cross game chatting in single player a headset is a must imo.

Turtle Beach is coming out with several headsets.  Though obviously they are the higher end device.

I get the impression that at CES (January) you'll be hearing a lot about Xbox One accessories.  With Wi-Fi Direct, the Xbox One will be able to work with a number of Wi-Fi Direct enabled devices.  Headphones, speakers, TVs, Receivers, etc.

Fifaguy360 said:
Does it come with the console?

Looks so much sleeker and better than the PS4 hackjob of a earphone.

Apparently no : You need to purchase it separately

ktay95 said:
i prefer the PS4 one, but thats just because i dont like over/on ear headsets. plus i barely play online MP so it dosent bother me much

Also, the PS4 one comes free with the console

chris0409 said:
Cobretti2 said:

Are you sure ? source please ?

Sweep said:
chris0409 said:
Cobretti2 said:

Are you sure ? source please ?

Just checked : No HDMI cable with X1.