By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Looks like Sony built PS4 to compete the Xbox 360, only with better graphics/specs

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
ps4 built to compete with 360 ? wtf did i just read? ps3 won vs the 360 why should they make another console to compete lol

no see you got it all wrong. the PS4 competes with the 360. its the PS3 that competes with the X1, see the PS3 has CELL and back in 2006 was the FUTURE. the future is now though, and CELL is going up against THE CLOUD! its the battle of the future devices but in the present while accuring in the past. get it?

Around the Network
disolitude said:
Captain_Tom said:
disolitude said:

I was on vacation with no internet access for a week and am watching these e3 conferences and their fallout for the first time today, so forgive me with chiming in a bit late.

In terms of the e3 presentations and what was shown:

What has Sony added to the new console aside beefing up the specs? Sony's console strategy is seriously starting to lag at this point and time. For 3 generations now they keep doing the same things console after console.. just beef up the specs and provide a current staus quo and boom, they’re done. Whilst Microsoft has been the trailblazer, taking risks and bringing new things to the console market. This forces Sony to have to patch things on the go in order to compete and always remain a step behind(or several steps).

When Microsoft introduced standardized multiplayer gaming on consoles and started charging for Xbox Live Gold, people criticized it, claiming it will fail. But now Sony is going by the same route and charging money for PSN+ in order for multiplayer. How are gamers and media not bitching about this btw?

Then again when Microsoft Introduced Xbox live arcade and XNA for indie developers, people said it will fail... but now Sony is grabbing Indie developers any way they can. Consistently Sony incompetence and lack of foresight means they have to always play catch up and are behind.

We are again seeing something new on home consoles from Microsoft...cloud computing, digital gaming library, digital game sharing, HDMI passthrough and possibly many more features to come...which everyone on the internetz is claiming will fail. All while the greatest strengths for the competition are all based on the current gaming standards. Hmm... 

They say that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over while expecting a different outcome.

Yeah because the PS4 doesn't have tons of new cloud features too (Many the X1 doesn't have).  LOL nice try...

I don't think you guys know the difference between Sony saying "Yeah we can do that too" and actually doing it. Funny how the entire post was lost on you other than cloud computing...

And MS hasn't done anything yet either.  Until either console is out there is no proof of any features technically.  Also LOL MS's great innovative ideas got them in last place so good point!

disolitude said:

You just don't understand what a sound digital ecosystem is if you think that you can be half digital and half not. Xbox 360 and PS3 did "digital"...its the current staus quo.

You people are just not seeing the benefits of going digital and are jsut focusing on DRM and olways on as huge drawbacks. I refuse to believe that the people who use the internet can't see the benefits of a digital gaming library.

For example, how is Sony going to allow you to digitally share disk based games with friends and both play them in seperate households? You have to currier the disk back and forth...That sucks.

@bolded

Yes, how is Sony going to allow me to do that? I don't know, maybe if it becomes a huge feature and a huge hit for MS, they could... Hmm, lets say, they could just ship their games (and require 3rd parties to do the same) with a key-code which you could redeem in the store to download a digital copy, which you could either download for yourself OR send as a gift to someone (even for a small fee of $5-$10). Just like gift buying on Steam. Maybe they already have this in place? How do you know they don't?

To me, it seems like you think (or HOPE) Sony is stuck and cannot fix anything to their system, and I believe you want them to fail.

They say that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over while expecting a different outcome.

They do not want really want a different outcome is the thing.   They ended up doing well this generation in the end, and if they have even a slight chance of emulating their PS2 days they  would. 

Do not fix whats not broken. 

Who is John Galt?

3DS Friend Code : 2535-4338-9000 

AMD FX 8150 , 8 GB DDR3 Kingston Memory,  EVGA GTX 560 TI 2 GB superclocked, Samsung 256 GB SSD

-Touchpad on the DS4
-Share button
-Facebook profiles integration with PSN (real names)
-Play while download
-One big pool of GDRR5 RAM
-Buy the multiplayer component of a game separately
-Additional free games with paid online service (the service initally was only extra features and discounts)
-PSN plus covers PS3, PS4 and Vita with no additional charge
-Stream video sharing (announced first by Sony)
-Cross buy games with PS Vita
-Cross Play games with PS Vita
-Indie publishers can self publish and patches are free

And I could be wrong but didn't Sony released the first digital only handheld? The PSP Go. Anyway Sony also innovates on his own and for PSN+ users digital prices are getting more and more Steamishhh, still not there maybe in the future.

Around the Network

There really is no point of me posting in this thread and continuing to argue as I'm seeing very little room for debate with the community. Its clear that my point of view is a huge minority around here and that's fine. Ima go play some Last of Us and everyone can rest knowing that Sony still as the golden ticket to gaming happiness.

Cheers to ethomaz, badgenome and others who posted reasonable posts and presented a different point of view coherently and didn't resort to personal insults.

Well winning 2 generation in a row and being second for the third isn't all bad is it? What has Microsoft gotten? 2 and 3 and a guaranteed bad start for the next gen.

Go Team Venture! I still don't get the Wii, PS Move,  and Kinect.

disolitude said:

There really is no point of me posting in this thread and continuing to argue as I'm seeing very little room for debate with the community. Its clear that my point of view is a huge minority around here and that's fine. Ima go play some Last of Us and everyone can rest knowing that Sony still as the golden ticket to gaming happiness.

Cheers to ethomaz, badgenome and others who posted reasonable posts and presented a different point of view coherently and didn't resort to personal insults.

I really think you started an argument without having full knowledge of the topic. This was especially true when you brought the "slow loading discs and slow download of games and slow instalation" in the PS3 as is they were gonna be true for the PS4. I think the problem is not that you are a minority, it is that your arguments weren't strong enough.

That said, I think that personal insults, name calling, images trying to ridicule were wrong.

Will there also be a thread about the Xbox One was built to compete with the PS3? Because that launch price and unrelenting bravado from MS execs sounds like Sony in 2006.

I jest of course ^^

Um, no Sony is making their console to compete with the Xbox One and Wii U. 7 or 8 years from now I wonder how this generation will look (8th gen) I think Sony will come out on top personally but anything could happen. I wonder if this site will even exist 8 years from now actually.