By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Looks like Sony built PS4 to compete the Xbox 360, only with better graphics/specs

BasilZero said:

Dont worry Mummywoman,  I go yo back from BananaWoman!

PC has ......wait for it........FREE Online multiplayer compared to what PS4 and Xbox One will have ;O

BEAT THAT WOMAN!

(Oh and cheap prices which I havent see as much for console gaming)

but why does that seem boring? im pretty sure he was talking about the hardware not the features.

oh btw, you are the woman!! 

Around the Network
Alpha Till said:
secpierre34 said:

AND FOR THE LAST TIME SONY CAN DO CLOUD COMPUTING EVENTUALLY. But people seem to forget they can also do cloud streaming already which in my opinion is better. Cloud computing allows for a 5mb/s average worth of computation. In perspective modern day cpu s perform calculations closer to 20000MB/s. unless internet speed skyrockets while staying cheap, cloud computing is a fallacy, like blast processing. (dont forget about fucking latency)

@bolded: Where do you get that information from? If you deduce it from the expected mean value of internet speeds, then that deduction is wrong. There doesn't necessarily need to be a correlation between the amount of calculations done in the cloud and the amount of data that will be eventually transmitted.

actually there is. The internet speed was just arbitrary, i have no idea what the US average is but it must be close to that. Any calculation performed in the cloud must be transferred back to the machine. you are confusing cloud streaming like everybody else. You can only receive 5MB/s  data or whatever the consumer has at his/her disposal. Cloud streaming however only fetches back the finalize calculation. Is like watching through a window what has been done. Cloud computing is doing it while staying within the clock cylcle of the machine, which creates another dilemma due to the variation in latency but you can just chose appropriate tasks. Put it this way you can in fact perform crazy calculation in the cloud while receivin at 5MB/s rate data, however you are still limited by what you get. some calculation need more 5mb of data, you can't compress then decompress something already plagued by latency. I get what you are saying but internet speed is the limiting factor. No matter how complex the calculation of the cloud, the 5mb data transfer is the maximum you get.

disolitude said:

We are again seeing something new on home consoles from Microsoft...cloud computing, digital gaming library, digital game sharing, HDMI passthrough and possibly many more features to come...which everyone on the internetz is claiming will fail. All while the greatest strengths for the competition are all based on the current gaming standards. Hmm... 

OK Sony was the first to invest in cloud gaming, PS3 already lets you buy games digitaly from day one unlike the 360, you can SHARE your account and literary everything in it with anyone you want(one at a time tho) even all your PS+ goodies. HDMI!? Mofo PS3 had it since day one unlike the 360.

You retarded bro?

And PS4 is so much better just because of the games, that's what Playsation has always been doing right. That's why 360 is in last place now and has LESS games then the PS3 even tho they lunched one year earlier.

Get your head out of your ass and do yourself and the gaming industry a favor and buy PS4.

User was warned for this post.

yo_john117

Sony doesn't seem to be able to keep up. Lately they have settled on emulating Nintendo and MS in many ways. They constantly bash MS and Nintendo for features that they go out of their way to copy. Move, Touchscreens, PS all Stars, etc, heck the PS4 looks like an updated Wii . They also seem to be copying MS this gen with charging for online.
Nothing about the PS4 is next gen to me. The same reasons Wii U wasn't next gen according to Sony fans applies to PS4 except it isn't getting 6 month old ports its getting 2 year old ports of games that are completely 100% free on PC and making the pay to play. Yeah that is some real innovation. Oh I forgot they added a touch screen to their controller... yeah we never saw that before either...
The only people that seem impressed with Sony are people that never play on anything else.

chapset said:
chapset said:

Like the PS4 doesn't have cloud computing capabilities, you could share your digital games on the ps3 already, PS4 will have digital games just like the PS3 and yes the PS4 has an HDMI port, smoking to much crack is not good for the brain

Moderated,

-Mr Khan

Sorry for telling you that crack smoking is bad for the brain, you can do what ever you want pal :D

I just realized that we have no way of knowing if a mod actually moderated you or not. I mean, theoretically, you could have just written that yourself. I bet it was Khan, though. He sucks.

Moderated,

-Mr Khan

Around the Network
secpierre34 said:

actually there is. The internet speed was just arbitrary, i have no idea what the US average is but it must be close to that. Any calculation performed in the cloud must be transferred back to the machine. you are confusing cloud streaming like everybody else. You can only receive 5MB/s  data or whatever the consumer has at his/her disposal. Cloud streaming however only fetches back the finalize calculation. Is like watching through a window what has been done. Cloud computing is doing it while staying within the clock cylcle of the machine, which creates another dilemma due to the variation in latency but you can just chose appropriate tasks. Put it this way you can in fact perform crazy calculation in the cloud while receivin at 5MB/s rate data, however you are still limited by what you get. some calculation need more 5mb of data, you can't compress then decompress something already plagued by latency. I get what you are saying but internet speed is the limiting factor. No matter how complex the calculation of the cloud, the 5mb data transfer is the maximum you get.

Yeah, I admit, I am no expert in cloud computing, but anyway, after what you've written here, I think we have a similar understanding of what can be done and what are the benefits. Sure, bandwith is a the limiting factor. I just imagined a decision problem like "Is the nth position after the decimal point of PI a number  smaller or bigger than x" where n is considerable big. The answer to that question (Yes or No) could be coded in one bit, but the computation for that answer would benefit from the power of the cloud.

bizarre-galaxy.de - My Browsergame, but sadly only in german :(

You can play as an octopus, though!

wfz said:
chapset said:
chapset said:

Like the PS4 doesn't have cloud computing capabilities, you could share your digital games on the ps3 already, PS4 will have digital games just like the PS3 and yes the PS4 has an HDMI port, smoking to much crack is not good for the brain

Moderated,

-Mr Khan

Sorry for telling you that crack smoking is bad for the brain, you can do what ever you want pal :D

I just realized that we have no way of knowing if a mod actually moderated you or not. I mean, theoretically, you could have just written that yourself. I bet it was Khan, though. He sucks.

Moderated,

-Mr Khan

rolf

from Mr Khan, to chapset 1 hour ago (Delete Message)

You are receiving this message for violation of forum rules regarding Flaming (Don't tell people they're smoking crack.) [Post Reference] Please review the forum rules here to avoid future moderation action.

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

I really liked the idea of family-sharing for xbox one compared to how we share a game today by lending stuff physically. I think the XB 1 is designed for the future. I remember when MS said the original XB would only use broadband internet access....people said they were crazy and when the RROD plagued the 360 people said the console was finished. The XB brand is stronger than we all thought it was.

It looks like Sony built the PS4 to compete with X360 and Xbone. Better specs and all. But what ever helps you sleep at night.

Sal.Paradise said:
Poe's Law in full effect atm

Ah I learned something new today, +1.