By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Looks like Sony built PS4 to compete the Xbox 360, only with better graphics/specs

I honestly thought this was a troll thread, and started laughing at the first posters for taking the OP seriously. Then I read the OP's replies.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

Around the Network

chapset said:

Like the PS4 doesn't have cloud computing capabilities, you could share your digital games on the ps3 already, PS4 will have digital games just like the PS3 and yes the PS4 has an HDMI port, smoking to much crack is not good for the brain

Moderated,

-Mr Khan

Sorry for telling you that crack smoking is bad for the brain, you can do what ever you want pal :D

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

chapset said:

Sorry for telling you that crack smoking is bad for the brain, you can do what ever you want pal :D

Only Microsoft tells us what we can and can't do around here, mister.

disolitude said:
ethomaz said:
And every title in PS4 will be available day one for digital and retail.

Sony give you choice.

That's fine. Choice is good...But are you are telling me that they are going to match Microsoft with a digital ecosystem as well as keep retail disk based gaming alive and take care of every man, woman and child and leave no one behind. All this while keeping the same or better user experience?

And that I won't have a situation like I did last night where I bought the Last of Us on PSN and it took 30 minutes to download and 7 HOURS to install?

But yeah, slow disk loading retail games will still be there...thats a plus right?

30 minutes to download and 7 hours to install? Eeesh.  Took me about 2 hours to download (we had internet outages around the area due to the Tropical Storm, so shit has been slow) but only 2 hours to install (still WAY to high).

And you wont have a situation like you did last night.  Next gen you can install/start playing the game as you download.  Really like this feature.

Around the Network
disolitude said:
ethomaz said:

Sony give you choice.

That's fine. Choice is good...But are you are telling me that they are going to match Microsoft with a digital ecosystem as well as keep retail disk based gaming alive and take care of every man, woman and child and leave no one behind. All this while keeping the same or better user experience?

And that I won't have a situation like I did last night where I bought the Last of Us on PSN and it took 30 minutes to download and 7 HOURS to install?

But yeah, slow disk loading retail games will still be there...thats a plus right?

Sony digital eco system is currently ahead of microsoft where competitive pricing is concernd. I'm a PS+ member and sony continually offer superior deals and more downloadable titles than MS (I'm also an XBL gold member). As we move forward into a generation where every system has enough memory to support huge digital library's and the hardware to allow seamless background downloads (sony have aready confirmed you can play games whilst installing), we will see digital prices fall as 3rd parties try to capitlise on digital sales and remove 2nd sales: this is going to happen regardless of DRM policies. And of course sony is buidling their infrastructure, hence the mandatory ps+ requirement for online play. 

Slow disk loading retails games will be optional, so will an HDD install. 

So ps4 and Xbox 360 will be competing for nuclear submarine´s marketshare then...

disolitude said:
ethomaz said:

Sony give you choice.

Oh sir, you have NO info about the PS4??? You can p´lay while the game keeps downloading and installing in the background (this is a great feature, not made to compete the 360, but to have the best next-gen experience). And, disc loads are going tobe minimal. While you are playing, gamedata will be installed (in the background) reducing loading times.

You have no info about the PS4 and yet you came to spit out some lies. I don't like that, it seems you only came to piss Sony fans off. But before you keep spreading lies, please read all the PS4 info.

actually it does. The internet speed was just arbitrary, i have no idea what the US average is but it must be close to that. Any calculation performed in the cloud must be transferred back to the machine. you are confusing cloud streaming like everybody else. You can only receive 5MB/s worth of data or whatever the consumer has at his/her disposal. Cloud streaming however only fetches back the finalize calculation. Is like watching through a window what has been done. Cloud computing is doing it while staying within the clock cylcle of the machine, which creates another dilemma due to the variation in latency but you can just chose appropriate tasks

wick said:
disolitude said:

I was on vacation with no internet access for a week 

Luckily you weren't stuck with a console that requires internet access for single player games right

LOL

OT: Also LOL.