By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Can Solve All Its Wii U Problems With Metroid

What if Nintendo released a Pokemon MMO for the Wii U, and released a $30 expansion pack every year with a whole new region? The expansion pack could either be downloaded or bought by disc. Basically what COD or the Sims does, only better and making much more sense. This would be a spin-off title for the Wii U, not a main series title for the 3DS. There could be a 3DS app called the "Pokebelt App" where you could upload up to 6 of your Pokemon onto the App, and trade/battle on the go. Kind of like Pokemon Stadium. The app would also have Pokemon iteration ala Pokemon Amie/Nintendogs.

A Pokemon Action MMORPG Spin-off with the same annual release power as COD, only without a new game every year. Advertise it much like Grand Theft Auto online in the amount of extra Pokemon stuff you'll be able to do like Super Contests, the Pokethlon, Pokemon Musicals, Pokéstar Studios, the Game Corner (or just a Pokéarcade if parents are still anal about that), mountable Pokemon, mounted Pokemon battles.

THAT would solve all of the Wii U's problems.

I definitely want a new HD FPS Metroid, but it wouldn't "solve" anything.

Around the Network

but how the new metroid have to be?
time for a third person shooter/adventure?
Or like other M: side scroller with first person view in gamepad? (they coul use the camera to identify if u are looking at gamepad or tv, to chenge the controls in right time)

----

I can see easily metroid selling as much as halo, and could be as big as it. but i dont know what got wrong.

A proper Metroid game is something the WiiU needs, but it wouldn't make the WiiU the best selling console for weeks. Also, there is a reason why Retro put Donkey Kong Country as priority over Metroid, regardless of what Metroid fans want; and that by no means says Retro is not being ambitious. That whole idea is ridiculous.

I would like to see Metroid and Starfox make a return.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

... Did Game Informer just take up a whole article to say, "Nintendo should make a new Metroid game cause Metroid is good?" Cause that's really this whole article in a nutshell. Not that I disagree, but I could have accomplished as much in a tweet.

I hate to derail this again but has anyone had trouble posting new topics? I wanted to make one about Metroid but it keeps giving me errors. It keeps saying "Thread Message is Empty" but I wrote like a page of stuff for the intro. Also none of the buttons to edit the text are working.

Anyone else having this problem?

In case you didn't know, I have a comic book called Guardians. I'm the writer/creator of it, and we have four issues out right now, with our fifth coming out soon!

We're also doing a Patreon right now for the comic, and I'd appreciate any and all help in getting it funded. If 56 people pledged $3 per issue, we'll be funded

To pledge, click here. Please join Team Guardians!

Around the Network
blackmagicwolf said:
I hate to derail this again but has anyone had trouble posting new topics? I wanted to make one about Metroid but it keeps giving me errors. It keeps saying "Thread Message is Empty" but I wrote like a page of stuff for the intro. Also none of the buttons to edit the text are working.

Anyone else having this problem?

You need, i think, 100 posts to make a thread, unfortunately.

It has tempted some new users to spam like hell, so try not to.

48 to go!

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Sales say otherwise. It doesn't appeal to the casuals, nor to the "dude-bro" core gamer crowd, and Nintendo never advertises their games anyway.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

What problems did The Other M fix?

Rather than a new Metroid, Nintendo would have been better of bringing 2 very important things to the Wii U for launch day:

1) An FPS game with a solid online multiplayer

2) A driving sim with a solid online multiplayer

Those are two unexploited genres completely missing from their arsenal of first party titles and are also attractive to Western gamers.

After the disaster of Metroid Other M, Nintendo may dismiss Mr.Sakamoto.