By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - GameCube controller

Munkeh111 said:
1. Does wii have full backwards compat (is it software or hardware?)
2. do original GC controllers work with wii, cause my friend told me they dont

1. Yes, supposedly by hardware.

2. Yes they do. Your friend is wrong.

Around the Network

I play my classic games with the gamecube controller everygame was fine except for SMW but eventually I got used to it

Munkeh111 said:

1. Wii is 100% backwards compatible with GameCube games

1.5. Software is games, hardware is the console

2. Yes, they have slots on top. You'll need a GC memory Card if you own/are going to buy GC games.

1. @Munkeh: 100% pure hardware bc. I could swear it even makes some games look a bit better
2. Well, the Wii does have 4 GC controller ports, and it would be pretty retarded if they did nothing, so...

GC controllers work for GC games, VC games, and even Wii games that are programmed with a GC controller option (mostly Wii/PS2 ports)

OT: I'd definitely go with the GC controller. The Classic Controller has to be plugged into a Wii-mote, meaning there's extra weight dangling around and it uses battery power. Never used a Wavebird so can't help you there.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

The wired controller is better of course. If cable length is a problem, get a GC cable extension cord.

I recently bought a used GC controller for just 15 € (in great condition), didn't need an extension though. You should be able to find one for a good price, but look as soon as possible because they'll get scarcer soon, with SSBB launching and all that.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network

How important is Rumble to you? To me, the Wavebird feels much better. Batteries last forever in that thing.

On the downside, it won't let you know when those batteries are going to die, and the Wavebird has no auto-shut off feature. You forget and leave it on, and you can kiss those double-A's goodbye!

I would get some wavebirds, even though they don't have rumble its a lot better than having those wires. Especially for SSBB.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

I like Bacon said:
Munkeh111 said:

by "is it software or hardware" he meant, is the Wii backwards compatible through emulation (software) or is the actual hardware running the game.

Here's a video from my band's last show Check out more (bigger) videos here http://www.youtube.com/user/icemanout
Avalach21 said:
I like Bacon said:
Munkeh111 said:

by "is it software or hardware" he meant, is the Wii backwards compatible through emulation (software) or is the actual hardware running the game.

correct, but it is purely out of interest in how Nintedo have done backwards compatibility as opposed to their rivals, and they certainly win, but of course, they do not really need to be concerned finding ways to reduce the cost

I figured out what meant before you made that post Avalach. :-p

I was too lazy to edit my earlier post.