By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Winning 2008 Console!!!!

zackblue said:
Wii will end up with 12 points at this rate.

fyp

Bets:Missed by 420k I bet leo-j vg$500 that wii will sell 31 million by 7/31/08.  Sorry, I don't think he has enough vg$ to make it with all of u that wish you could. Hit, with room to spare I bet kingofwale a 1-week ban that wii Americas ltd sales>360 Americas ltd sales as of the numbers for week ending 7/05/08 (using vgchartz homepage #s)

Predictions:

Wii will sell 18-20mil by 12/31/07  CHECKWii will sell 45mil+ WW by 12/31/08Wii will surpass PS2 sales WW by 11/17/11 (5yr anniversary)Wii Fit will hit 12mil sales in 2009MKWii+SSBB+Wii Fit+SMG > 50 mil sales by 2010 > gta4+mgs+gt5+ff13+haze+lbp
Around the Network
TheRealMafoo said:
the is not a good comparison, because the PS3/360 do not compete with the Wii.

It's like if I threw Cell phones in this thread that can play Java based games. In the end, you would have Cell phones with 12 points, yet it would mean nothing to Sony, MS, or Nintendo.

Nintendo has no competition for it's market. It's why it's selling ungodly well.

you are right

i did buy a java cell phone instead of a ps360 last year

and cell phones are stealing away games like monster hunter and final frame from ps3

and people will have to decide between buying pes2009 for cell phone or ps360 (or gh3 or rock band or madden or ....)

seriously, tho...nintendo competes directly with ps360 in the GAMER market...those 3 compete in the SAME market...the difference is that wii ALSO competes in the NON-GAMER market

Bets:Missed by 420k I bet leo-j vg$500 that wii will sell 31 million by 7/31/08.  Sorry, I don't think he has enough vg$ to make it with all of u that wish you could. Hit, with room to spare I bet kingofwale a 1-week ban that wii Americas ltd sales>360 Americas ltd sales as of the numbers for week ending 7/05/08 (using vgchartz homepage #s)

Predictions:

Wii will sell 18-20mil by 12/31/07  CHECKWii will sell 45mil+ WW by 12/31/08Wii will surpass PS2 sales WW by 11/17/11 (5yr anniversary)Wii Fit will hit 12mil sales in 2009MKWii+SSBB+Wii Fit+SMG > 50 mil sales by 2010 > gta4+mgs+gt5+ff13+haze+lbp
Xiru said:
This is kinda pointless. We all know Wii will sell the most hardware, PS3 will sell the most software worldwide. If you are looking at it in just hardware sales the Wii will win because its the cheapest and has a huge casual market. If you look at it with best games and most 3rd party software sold across the world, PS3 takes it.

ps3 sells less software and has a lower attach rate than the wii

wii will easily sell the most software in 2008...we can bet on it if you'd like

Predictions:

I agree, I will also bet a rather long bantime that the Wii sells more software than the PS3 in 2008, worldwide.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

anyone that says the wii does not compete for market share with teh 360 or the ps3 is kidding them selves---

example i have used before---cell phones

diferent makes/models offer different strokes for different fokes--but they are still trying to get you to buy them and talk on them to other people

the game companies are the same different storkes for different fokes but they still just want you to buy the games from them

Around the Network
Legend11 said:

Sounds to me like some people are afraid to have a real contest.

This, from the guy who cowered away from my finger-chopping bet?

"I mean, c'mon, Viva Pinata, a game with massive marketing, didn't sell worth a damn to the "sophisticated" 360 audience, despite near-universal praise--is that a sign that 360 owners are a bunch of casual ignoramuses that can't get their heads around a 'gardening' sim? Of course not. So let's please stop trying to micro-analyze one game out of hundreds and using it as the poster child for why good, non-1st party, games can't sell on Wii. (Everyone frequenting this site knows this is nonsense, and yet some of you just can't let it go because it's the only scab you have left to pick at after all your other "Wii will phail1!!1" straw men arguments have been put to the torch.)" - exindguy on Boom Blocks

TheRealMafoo said:
NJ5 said:

Tell me why the people who bought a single console during the last generation, would buy two during this one. Any particular reason why they'd need two consoles this time?

I don't know, let's assume it's the PS3, and it's $149.. For that price, you get:

BD Player

HD resolution (for web browsing)

HD gaming with MSG4, GT5, LBP, GTA4 (and probably another GTA by then), FFXIII and verses, Sing Star, along with 100 good games that are on both the 360 and PS3, but not on the Wii, and probably 50 great exclusives we don't even know about yet.

You get 120gig+ of HD space for music. You can watch youtube videos.

MS Home (probably going yo be more fun for casual gamers)

Now, there is a huge percentage of Wii owners that have never bought a console, and probably never well again, but for all the people who have owned a non Nintendo console in the past, if you don't think the above advantages are wroth $150, your selling Wii owners short.

PS3 has 80 gig hard drive?

wii
idk how many pts. though now
must be a lot