By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Winning 2008 Console!!!!

what if wii is a fad and die off, what if msg4, gta4, gran turismo, etc.. makes the wii lose a month.

Some people still think those things, lets just see how this year goes and this thread will just show us more that, wii isn't just a fad and will die, those exclusive games on ps3/xbox won't be much help, etc..

Around the Network

to make myself clear:

Ps2 was cheapest when it came out, then the gamecube was when it came out!!!

Damn things have changed since 2009 began. Here are my new visions for the end of the generation.

Wii: 135 mil

Ps3: 85 mil

360: 60 mil

True Genius

Cleveland124 You sir are not even close to hardcore if you think the Wii will "quench" your thirst for gaming. Here is your quote:

"And I think if the PS3 was $150 now, it would probably be worth it and I'd buy it. But.. it's not. And by the time it is, the Wii may have completed quenched my thirst for gaming"

I don't normally call people out like this as its rude, but this is the dumbest thing i've heard in a long time. I just wish I could brainwash myself like you did, to enjoy the Wii. All it does is collect dust until Smash is out. PS3 is worth the price its at right now. I suggest anyone who is truly hardcore to get it, not posers.

Xiru said:
Cleveland124 You sir are not even close to hardcore if you think the Wii will "quench" your thirst for gaming. Here is your quote:

"And I think if the PS3 was $150 now, it would probably be worth it and I'd buy it. But.. it's not. And by the time it is, the Wii may have completed quenched my thirst for gaming"

I don't normally call people out like this as its rude, but this is the dumbest thing i've heard in a long time. I just wish I could brainwash myself like you did, to enjoy the Wii. All it does is collect dust until Smash is out. PS3 is worth the price its at right now. I suggest anyone who is truly hardcore to get it, not posers.

first of all, get your freakin facts str8!!! second of all, wii has good games also, not just ps3, third, if it's a game console then that's all that matters!!!! you seriously need to shut the hell up and stop calling people out dude or you'll get flamed!!!

Damn things have changed since 2009 began. Here are my new visions for the end of the generation.

Wii: 135 mil

Ps3: 85 mil

360: 60 mil

True Genius
Xiru said:

Define "hardcore" for me please. I almost guarantee you that I can fit your definition, and I am completely satisfied with me Wii/DS combo right now. I might get a 360, but that is pending a price drop at the least. Even then I might just pass it up.

As for my hardcore qualifications I will give you a few examples. When FFX came out I had beaten the game 3 days later. I had well over 50hours logged in it as well. I buy any console I am really interested in on launch day regardless of lines. I spent so much time playing Disgaea 2 when it first came out I actually started playing in my sleep (and not well either). I love platformers, startegy and turn-based RPGs, adventure, and a few party games. I can typically beat a game in half the suggested max play through time and still not miss any important side-quests and will do it in marathon sessions typically. Am I not hardcore enough for you?

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Around the Network
Xiru said:

You know there are people out there who enjoy games like;

Wii Sports, RE:4 (Wii edition is considered the best), Zelda: TP, SMG, SSBB, No More Heroes, Super Paper Mario, Metroid Prime 3, Trauma Centre, Zack&Wiki, Mario Strikers Charged, MoH:H2, Fire Emblem and RE:UC

And you know what, those are all hardcore games and excluding RE:4 and Zelda are all Wii exclusive, all are exclusive as far as current gen consoles go. I'm not bashing the PS3 (which also has a fine selection of 'hardcore' games) but really you are so full of shit as far as the Wii bashing goes that its rather sad. 

If we're looking worldwide, which I assume we are, then I suggest subtracting 1 from the third place console.

Prediction: Year end results will be as follows:

Wii: +12
PS3: 0
360: -12

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

@ TheRealMafoo

"I also think the people who go from a PS2 to a Wii, would probably have not bought a 360 or PS3 until it's under $200. And when it gets to the $150 mark and each has over 1000 games, they are going to buy one even if they bought the Wii. "

Ahhh... but to get over 1000 games. Only 2 consoles have, per VGChartz, SNES at 10,665 and way way way behind it, the PS2 at 2,055. Of course, every other console was way behind it.

I will admit I was a bit surprised how the numbers turned out. I think I'll start a thread about it.

Torturing the numbers.  Hear them scream.

Xiru said:

Now, why would you bring fanboy wars into this?

Comeon man, there is NO reason to get on this forum and flame other consoles, just because they don't suit your personal tastes.

A lot of people on this site prefer the Wii. I certainly do. I think my Wii has more worthwhile games than my 360, on which I believe there are 5 good ones:

Devil May Cry 4

Gears of War

Mass Effect

Bioshock

Eternal Sonata

The PS3 has even less than that.

I'm sure the "hardcore" gamers like you would rather see us playing Assassin's Creed than Metroid Prime, or Rachet rather than SMG, or Uncharted rather than Twilight Princess, but I'm telling you, those games are far worse than their counterparts on the Wii. I play both, but if I had to choose, my Wii just has a better selection of games that fit my tastes.

Now, if you want to call me casual, go ahead, but trust me, I really do play and beat just about every game that comes out, and the Wii's library is the most under-rated. I'd go as far as saying, to me personally, the Wii has the best "hardcore" games out right now, with the 360 running a close second.

The problem is, most people nowadays, relegate "hardcore" play to online FPS modes of criminally short single player titles.

Here's the thing. You can play GeoW or CoD 4 12 hours a day, and still have no idea who Miyamoto, Cliffy, or Jaffe even are. You might even have never played SMG, Okami, or possibly have never owned a PS2, much less a NES.

Those people are more casual than my little brother who plays Poke'mon snap all day, because at least he's got some insight into the industry and its history, from talking to me, sometimes.

I'm not saying the Wii has a better library. I'm saying the AAA titles on the Wii are some of the best AAA titles ever made, and in 10 years, which "hardcore" titles do you think will stand the test of time? Uncharted and Assassin's Creed, or SMG and Twilight Princess?

It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

@Rath

2.19+2.05+1.23+1.08=4.55????

LOL

that's not what i make it.

If you call Mario and Sonic A 3rd party that's fine, but Wii still has double the user base, so it should be selling double the software. Without Mario and Sonic PS3 has higher 3rd party software sales.