By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Time Magazine "Even Nintendo Is Stumped By the Wii U GamePad"

Nintendo not taking advantage of their own hardware? I'm used to that.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

Around the Network

Drop the gamepad and sell the system for $199 and watch it sell like gangbusters.

tuscaniman99 said:
Drop the gamepad and sell the system for $199 and watch it sell like gangbusters.

lol... you are funny :D

34 years playing games.

@Teriol
How am I funny? People want to play Nintendo games, not hold a giant tablet while playing Nintendo games. Nintendo could still make a profit from $199 if they dropped the gamepad.

Make it a "me too" console?, not much fun in that is there... boring!

The gamepad is something new to consoles, it's fun having something different, besides almost everyone on the interwebs that owns it says it's surprizingly useful and fun

Plenty of time for the device to get acceptance, I bet in the next next gen all consoles will adopt the tech for controllers (It's partially adopted with smartglass, and vita, but they suffer from input lag, the next next gen will improve that)

I think the only people that want the gampad gone are Sony and MS fans that dont want Nintendo fans to have something in case it's actually interesting

Around the Network

There is no possible way for Nintendo to compete with Sony or Microsoft in terms of console power. Even if they did manage to make the Wii U as or even more powerful than the PS4/Xbox One what guarantee is there that people will buy it? What guarantee is there that 3rd parties will support it?

The gamepad is no perfect solution, but it does give the Wii U some identity.

I agree, Nintendo needs to think more about how they can leverage new interfaces into new experiences, and they need to follow through on it.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Just readinf a few lines of the article and it's easy to notice that the person who wrote it NEVER actually tried a game with the Gamepad,
If the gamepad was such a terrible idea, why then would Sony put efforts in developing a similar idea with its dualshock and Vita crossplay? And MS with Smartglass?
While the gamepad isnt anything revolutionary, it's a fun addition to the way we play games.
Let Nintendo announce a price drop and all those criticism should be shifted to a different issue.

Without the GamePad, the Wii U would be nothing. Sorry, but it would. And the article in question shows a rather lacklustre journalism style who seemingly has never used the device.

I await this time next year when the other systems may be in the same positions, yet the U will be selling better. What problems will they say the PS4 and X1 have, I wonder?

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Yeah. The GamePad sucks. That's why M$ copies it with the SmartGlass.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---