By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Major Nelson: If you get banned, you don't lose access to your games

Wagram said:
I think he answered the question based on being banned from multiplayer. What if you get banned from Xbox Live?

It's the same thing.  Once you get banned you still have your ID and Xbox Live Silver which also has access to the internet.  Been on Xbox Live since 2004 and there has never been a banning system that bans you from Xbox Live Silver.  Just gold

Now back to "The Last of Us"

Around the Network

Yup like I said, they ban you from multiplayer only.

Carl2291 said:
Stefan.De.Machtige said:

Yeah, it's getting kind of sad. At this point, Microsoft can't win no matter what they do.

Maybe they should have definitive answers for people, instead of pushing out different answers for the same questions over and over again.

Then maybe people wouldnt be so harsh. Maybe. Just maybe.

I'm not saying that Microsoft is doing a good PR job. They are not. But even when it turns a feature isn't bad or even good, they still get blamed.

I have no Microsoft consoles myself, but this thing is getting really tired.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

A) what's with the hat?

B) at 2:00 i think that is the main issue with what MS is doing. if their vision and reason for all the online checks and other BS is so they i can have access to my game anywhere they kind of miss the value of a "home" console. traveling with a home console isn't on the list of things i really want to do and if i do want to travel,.. taking the disc with me has never been a problem. they are trying to solve a problem that never existed.

..and a disc + cloud saving is a better solution anyways.

C) girl is hot.

kowenicki said:
Carl2291 said:
Aaaaaaaaand the PR disaster continues.

They should just do what they did before and release definitive answers to the main questions people are asking. All theyre doing right now is confusing people and giving out mixed messages.

Aaaaaaaaaaand so it continues a rumour is debunked, good news comes... And people complain about that too.

1. It wasn't a rumor, it was an official statement on Twitter

2. Major Nelson didn't answer in a way that shows he fully understood the question, or understands anything at all

3. Even if it's 'debunked', Microsoft has only made one step towards redemption, they have a long way to go

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
Carl2291 said:

It hasnt been debunked.

If this was the first answer we got regarding the situation, I might believe it. When multiple sources from Microsoft confirm different things, Im not gonna believe either. Ill wait until launch and we get stories from consumers.

And there we have it in a nutshell.

Believe the worst at all times. Fingers in ears, tongue sticking out.

That's how vgc forum rolls now. 

I can not wait to get the One and my game library always available and shared. Ps4 will feel ancient in its approach a few years in. 

And there we have it, kowenicki doesnt read a damn thing infront of him.

Thread has nothing to do with the PS4, so Id thank you to keep it away from the thread.

kowenicki said:

I wouldnt ask someone in the MS or Sony helpline about corporate strategy for the next gen.  They will likely not know or will get it wrong or will guess. what you are saying is you are putting that call cente persons answer on a par with a very senior member of he Xbox team at ms.

cool.

I wouldnt ask them. I also wouldnt trust them to answer such questions, without definitive answers.

This is the problem - We arent getting definitive answers. Theyre sending out mixed messages and have done since the reveal. Its a disaster. Plain and simple. Its losing them customers. Its causing people to badmouth the console and the company.

kowenicki said:

I know you are disappointed and angry that this has been cleared up by Major Nelson and is no longer an issue, but at least try to hide that disappointment.

what with this and the confirmed sharing news, on top of the best games by a mile at E3.. You must be seething. 

These forums are getting as bad as N4G and NeoGaf.

kowenicki said:

I know you are disappointed and angry that this has been cleared up by Major Nelson and is no longer an issue, but at least try to hide that disappointment.

what with this and the confirmed sharing news, on top of the best games by a mile at E3.. You must be seething. 

From someone who was crying on his wall about intelligent debate and discussion, this is pure gold.

I actually laughed.

"Now its just a typical troll fest of snide comments and schoolyard humour" - kowenicki

When can we expect more info on the family sharing?