By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - One video game character you wouldbang, hard

Wright said:
farlaff said:
Wright said:

How could he puked, if he has stated several times that he doesn't watch the movie adaptations of his works? He didn't want to bring Watchmen to Hollywood because he hates Hollywood, but that doesn't mean the adaptation was bad in any way.

I guess your right about it. I didn't rememeber whether he hated it or just didn't want it to be adapted, but now that you said it, I guess that was it. Well, I went on to see it, since I enjoy the Novel and I had also enjoyed 300 from the same movie director. But he has made a horrible cast choice and gave much emphasis to action scenes, which were also horrible. But i got to say the script solution to the alien monster thing got better off with using Dr. Manhattan, really, if I can think of anything positive about the movie.

I can give you that. The movie had style over substance, which was a mistake. But I don't know, man. I liked the adaptation. It seemed impossible, but they managed to mash-up the whole Watchmen in two hours and a half.

I hear ya loud and clear, and that was something the Graphic Novel was NOT about, at all. But I could be ok if the style were at least good, but I thought it to be much too over the top for my taste (it was fine for 300, for instance, but that movie did not really take itself too seriously, which is usually a positive issue). The actor portraying Rorschach was good though, and went on to make a nice appearance on Shutter Island by Scorcese.

Anyway, back to our talk, it's not that it is a bad movie, but it could have been so much better. Maybe if they had Sam Raimi do it?

Around the Network
farlaff said:
Wright said:

I can give you that. The movie had style over substance, which was a mistake. But I don't know, man. I liked the adaptation. It seemed impossible, but they managed to mash-up the whole Watchmen in two hours and a half.

I hear ya loud and clear, and that was something the Graphic Novel was NOT about, at all. But I could be ok if the style were at least good, but I thought it to be much too over the top for my taste (it was fine for 300, for instance, but that movie did not really take itself too seriously, which is usually a positive issue). The actor portraying Rorschach was good though, and went on to make a nice appearance on Shutter Island by Scorcese.

Anyway, back to our talk, it's not that it is a bad movie, but it could have been so much better. Maybe if they had Sam Raimi do it?

An Alan Moore cameo would have turned the movie into a masterpiece.

Wright said:
farlaff said:
Wright said:

An Alan Moore cameo would have turned the movie into a masterpiece.

LOL, I don't know if so, but it would be awesome to see him there.

I take back my last vote. I choose Ashley Williams...yes....the first time a videogame has made me give a damn about a love interest was Mass Effect. Since the Last of Us never before have I felt connected and ever present in ensuring the survival of another character.

no pedo. I'm not sure how old Vanille is supposed to be anyway.

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

Around the Network

This one: