By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo’s Silent Victory at E3 2013

Kaizar said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
Soundwave said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

Less then 5 million people worldwide own a Wii U right now. So Best Buy was a great idea, and I think they try to do something with GameStop but couldn't set up a deal in time or maybe they use Nintendo Zone to give & take away the demos which makes more sense.

But I can see the Wii U having temporarily available demos next year for current Wii U owners.

Is this really true, about them trying to set a deal with Gamestop? If so that's great as it should means we'll have much more locations next year, provided of course that they get more Nintendo reps to man the stations. The guy at mine was nice enough to start early and end late on day 2, but man he had to stand there for 6 hours straight with no breaks. That couldn't have been too enjoyable. Anywho, I actually think it'd be better if Nintendo used their resources to get more Best Buy locations rather than Gamestop, as Best Buy definitely get's more people in it's doors. And no, Nintendo Zone has nothing to do with it lol.

Also, I kinda just went over why we're not getting downloadable demos, so how do you see us getting them?

EDIT: Nobody saw nothing!

Around the Network

lol thread broken?  Thanks delphin!

edit- nvm it shows properly now

Einsam_Delphin said:
Kaizar said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
Soundwave said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

Less then 5 million people worldwide own a Wii U right now. So Best Buy was a great idea, and I think they try to do something with GameStop but couldn't set up a deal in time or maybe they use Nintendo Zone to give & take away the demos which makes more sense.

But I can see the Wii U having temporarily available demos next year for current Wii U owners.

Is this really true, about them trying to set a deal with Gamestop? If so that's great as it should means we'll have much more locations next year, provided of course that they get more Nintendo reps to man the stations. The guy at mine was nice enough to start early and end late on day 2, but man he had to stand there for 6 hours straight with no breaks. That couldn't have been too enjoyable. Anywho, I actually think it'd be better if Nintendo used their resources to get more Best Buy locations rather than Gamestop, as Best Buy definitely get's more people in it's doors. And no, Nintendo Zone has nothing to do with it lol.

Also, I kinda just went over why we're not getting downloadable demos, so how do you see us getting them?

No, Nintendo had never try to make a deal with GameStop. (but it was an assumption of mine)

It was the Nintendo Zone in Best Buy that made them able to update the Best Buy Wii Us on the fly.

Gamestop updates their Wii U stations in a more sluggish way.

Anyways, next year,Nintendo can probably release demos in the HD eShop to be available to download for a month, or something like that' but that doesn't mean it will happen, but Nintendo clearly cares about trying to get more people to see why "Asymmetric Gaming" is better then classic control gaming.

Kaizar said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
Kaizar said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
Soundwave said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

No, Nintendo had never try to make a deal with GameStop. (but it was an assumption of mine)

It was the Nintendo Zone in Best Buy that made them able to update the Best Buy Wii Us on the fly.

Anyways, next year,Nintendo can probably release demos in the HD eShop to be available to download for a month, or something like that' but that doesn't mean it will happen, but Nintendo clearly cares about trying to get more people to see why "Asymmetric Gaming" is better then classic control gaming.

Heh, thought so! I think you're also just assuming Nintendo Zone has anything to do with it aswell, as that just makes no sense to me. Why would the Wii U, a device that'll generally never leave the house, be compatible with Nintendo Zone? Is there really a Nintendo Zone channel on there or something? Regardless, Nintendo Zone can't teleport the physical components required to make the demos work, whicn again is another reason why we wont see eShop demos. Now your last sentence conflicts itself. Of course you're right that Nintendo wants to get more people on board the Wii U, but that's exactly why they wont bother with eShop demos. The only people who can access them be the few of those who already have Wii Us, so that would do nothing in terms of attracting new customers. A ton more sense it makes having them available to anyone, namely the millions without Wii Us. Besides, those with Wii Us already can go to Best Buy themselves, and they'll still get the typical eshop demos that come out around a game's release date.

Einsam_Delphin said:
Kaizar said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
Kaizar said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
Soundwave said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

Heh, thought so! I think you're also just assuming Nintendo Zone has anything to do with it aswell, as that just makes no sense to me. Why would the Wii U, a device that'll generally never leave the house, be compatible with Nintendo Zone? Is there really a Nintendo Zone channel on there or something? Regardless, Nintendo Zone can't teleport the physical components required to make the demos work, whicn again is another reason why we wont see eShop demos. Now your last sentence conflicts itself. Of course you're right that Nintendo wants to get more people on board the Wii U, but that's exactly why they wont bother with eShop demos. The only people who can access them be the few of those who already have Wii Us, so that would do nothing in terms of attracting new customers. A ton more sense it makes having them available to anyone, namely the millions without Wii Us. Besides, those with Wii Us already can go to Best Buy themselves, and they'll still get the typical eshop demos that come out around a game's release date.

Well the Best Buy employee told me that the 3DS display gets updated by Nintendo Zone. But regular 3DS don't get affected by Best Buy Nintendo zone the same way, so I assume the Wii U display was also made unique to be affected by Nintendo Zone for certain particular updates for the Best Buy displays.

Seeing that the 3DS display is custom made for Best Buy, why wouldn't the Wii U display be too.

Around the Network
Kaizar said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
Kaizar said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
Kaizar said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
Soundwave said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

Well the Best Buy employee told me that the 3DS display gets updated by Nintendo Zone. But regular 3DS don't get affected by Best Buy Nintendo zone the same way, so I assume the Wii U display was also made unique to be affected by Nintendo Zone for certain particular updates for the Best Buy displays.

Seeing that the 3DS display is custom made for Best Buy, why wouldn't the Wii U display be too.

Well this barely has anything to do with all that I said in me post lol. I mean, even if you're right about the Nintendo Zone thing, that doesn't change anything I said in the aforementioned post. Basically you just completely ignored the main point. Not cool mate! D: