By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - POST E3 Poll: Will you buy WiiU?

Will you buy Wii U?

Yes 248 32.42%

No 147 19.22%

Undecided 90 11.76%

I already HAVE it! 280 36.60%

Total:765
zorg1000 said:
CarcharodonKraz said:
zorg1000 said:
CarcharodonKraz said:
Gamerace said:
With the 2013 line-up - No.

Maybe, maybe after Smash Bros, Mario Kart 8 and a $100 price drop. So late 2014?

If you mean a 200$ wii-u i don't think you'll see one till 2016 at the earliest. 

I think it will be sooner than that. $50 cut this year and discontinue 8gb then in 2015 cut to $200, also i think its possible it will be $200 on black friday 2014.

totally disagree.  They won't drop the price this year.  They already have the lowest priced console on the market for next gen.  They're releasing a bunch of games in the not to distant future.  They'll take this oppurtunity to try to move units via software.  1st price cut in 2014, second in 2015.  If the 8 gig does get discontinued that will bring the price down to 250.    but we'll see won't we.

Im starting to think ur right, Iif anything we'll see bundles at the same price but with more value.

32gb w/Nintendo Land-$299

32gb w/NSMBU+Luigi U+Wiimote-$349

32gb w/Wii Fit U+Balance Board-$349

Maybe $50 less during the holidays and if they keep around the 8gb, it could be as low as $199 this holiday. I also hope we see a bundle with a core game, AC4, COD or Watch Dogs plus a Pro Controller for $349.

I totally agree with you here.  I don't think the 8gig would hit 199, however, if it does i'd be pretty pumped.  I suppose it is a possibilty with the return rumors.

Around the Network

350$ 32 Gb with Bayonetta + pro controller
300$ 32 Gb with Mario Kart

i would buy the first, and the second choice would sell a lot.

I already got one at a pretty good discount and great promotion, zombiu edition of course

CarcharodonKraz said:
zorg1000 said:
CarcharodonKraz said:
zorg1000 said:
CarcharodonKraz said:
Gamerace said:
With the 2013 line-up - No.

Maybe, maybe after Smash Bros, Mario Kart 8 and a $100 price drop. So late 2014?

If you mean a 200$ wii-u i don't think you'll see one till 2016 at the earliest. 

I think it will be sooner than that. $50 cut this year and discontinue 8gb then in 2015 cut to $200, also i think its possible it will be $200 on black friday 2014.

totally disagree.  They won't drop the price this year.  They already have the lowest priced console on the market for next gen.  They're releasing a bunch of games in the not to distant future.  They'll take this oppurtunity to try to move units via software.  1st price cut in 2014, second in 2015.  If the 8 gig does get discontinued that will bring the price down to 250.    but we'll see won't we.

Im starting to think ur right, Iif anything we'll see bundles at the same price but with more value.

32gb w/Nintendo Land-$299

32gb w/NSMBU+Luigi U+Wiimote-$349

32gb w/Wii Fit U+Balance Board-$349

Maybe $50 less during the holidays and if they keep around the 8gb, it could be as low as $199 this holiday. I also hope we see a bundle with a core game, AC4, COD or Watch Dogs plus a Pro Controller for $349.

I totally agree with you here.  I don't think the 8gig would hit 199, however, if it does i'd be pretty pumped.  I suppose it is a possibilty with the return rumors.

It might not go that low, I was just thinking that since Target had it for $239 a few weeks back.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

jonathanalis said:
350$ 32 Gb with Bayonetta + pro controller
300$ 32 Gb with Mario Kart

i would buy the first, and the second choice would sell a lot.

Wii U+Mario Kart for $300 would sell like crazy. I think games like Bayonetta and X should get bundles, give those niche core games some exposure.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network

Already have one, bought it launch day. Don't regret it, but the draught was painful. I trust Nintendo will not let it happen again. There is plenty I'm looking forward to, and quite honestly, I'm looking even more forward to games not yet announced or shown off, such as what they're going to do with the new Zelda, the possibilities of games like Wave Race, F-Zero, Star Fox, etc. Though I've been eagerly anticipating Pikmin 3 for years, so that is my most hyped game right now.

I have heard many people say they were holding off getting a Wii U until more games were announced, etc., so I could see a lot of those folks buying one this coming holiday season.

Yes, was already planning to get one. Likely late next year, most definitely no later than the end of 2015.

looking at this thread and thinking about the past made me realize nintendo could really use a hint and use bundles a little more to their advantage. How long did it take to get something other than wii sports with a wii? New super mario bros was the only other game to be bundled with the wii.

149€ tops

CarcharodonKraz said:
looking at this thread and thinking about the past made me realize nintendo could really use a hint and use bundles a little more to their advantage. How long did it take to get something other than wii sports with a wii? New super mario bros was the only other game to be bundled with the wii.

Mario Kart was bundled when it hit $149 but I agree completely they should release more bundles in the future. It seems like there starting to since weve seen ZombiU and Monster Hunter bundles.