By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Xbox one preorders much higher than ps4 in the uk

I hope we're not going to have another 6 months of threads linking to amazon rankings every time something changes.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
007BondAgent said:
Conegamer said:

Well said :)

So now you agree with me?

lol

make your mind up.

I never said i didn't agree with you ;) i just said/showed that sony has the momentum

This quote tree has been painfully shortened by yo_john117

I don't care if the PS4 sells better or worse than the Xbox One. I don't care which regions each does better in, or even if one does better in all regions. As long as the X1 sells well enough to provide a good-sized online community and snag the major 3rd party titles, I'll be happy.

kurasakiichimaru said:
Lol still clinging to that one last hope.

well Microsoft is not interested in offline gamers so the Xbone sales really only have to hit about 50 million to be a success

007BondAgent said:
kowenicki said:

no... they are both recent

One is cumulative for the lifetime they have been available and one is revisited timely.

If you cant grasp that then dont reply.  I cant just keep repeating myself.

Sigh

Hate to gang up on you here mate but his list includes your list. They're as recent as each other. If you disagree with him in a weird way, you're disagreeing with yourself. The list you linked is a weekly(?) portion of his list.

Edit: How certain are we that these lists are accurate anyway?

Around the Network
Kresnik said:
I hope we're not going to have another 6 months of threads linking to amazon rankings every time something changes.

Seriously

Just stop talking about pre-orders. This is lame. Make a sales prediction thread, make bets, anything. Get over amazon pre-orders already.

Game of the year 2017 so far:

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey

Yeah cause as well all know as goes amazon/uk so goes the console war.

Zedex said:

To all those people noting that ps4 has more preorders on amazon, that list is refreshed hourly, and is therefore true for only that hour.

If you dig a little into the best sellers archive of 2013:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/bestsellers/2013/videogames/ref=zg_bs_tab_t_bsar/279-2285307-5597923#5

The xbox1 is 69th way ahead of the ps4 in 91st position.

(only checked the uk)

edit: I see I misunderstood your post

still the normal bestsellers list on amazon is not only for an hour, but yea it's showing more recent sales spikes, while the best seller archive one is supposed to be cumulative

I've checked the best sellers archive list several times during the week (for amazon.com, amazon.co.uk and amazon.de) and it seems to update very sporadically (although it says it does so "daily"). The X1 at 69th and PS4 at 91st list is at least 2 days old with seemingly no new update inbetween.

IGN reported that the Ps4 is out pre ordering the Xbone 3 to 2 In the US.

I know this is for the UK but that itself is an achievement.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/14/e3-2013-ps4-outpacing-xbox-one-pre-orders