By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Calm down, MS policies are not that bad.

BenVTrigger said:
The validity of how ethical their business practices are is a personal opinion and I won't really comment on that.

I will say though that the idea this won't effect MS actual hardware sales is 100% incorrect. It is. BIG TIME.

I hate to pry, but any clue on what the differences in preorders are in your territory? 2:1? 3:1?

If you can't answer that I understand.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network

I'll be getting the xbox one because of the family sharing feature (DRM not that bad after all).  Having 10 people (family or friends) sharing game libraries is the best thing i've heard in years. Microsoft has the best games this time. I'll probaly buy a ps4 in 2-3 years when they release better exclusives. I really don't care about killzone or infamous...i'll wait for the next last of us, TLG or uncharted. 

DJEVOLVE said:
Euphoria14 said:
JinxRake said:
http://www.gamespot.com/e3/ubisoft-ceo-says-used-games-good-for-industry-6409608/
^ Interesting back pedaling here.

I would like to see hard facts in what you're saying.

I wonder what you'll concede to have taken away from your own rights once this proves not to be the problem and that the business model is still broken. But hey, go ahead, who cares about principles and rights anymore, no?

With companies like EA and Ubisoft appearing to be backpedaling, it is further proof that we SHOULDN'T stop bitching and complaining, but rather keep it going.

You could be right on this. I do agree on this. I am playing devils advocate. I'm still going to by one but wanted to show the other side. 

Buy it all your want, it's your money and it's 100% okay. We are in a battle here than just might make your purchase a bit better. 

We fight for you my friend.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

ironmanDX said:
Euphoria14 said:
ironmanDX said:
Euphoria14 said:
ironmanDX said:

I meant the PS3. You can't say one DRM is bad while one is good, can you?

You seriously trying to compare Online passes to the DRM on the XBone?

No. I said its DRM. It is.

Agreed, but they are nothing alike. The two cannot be compared.

One blocks multiplayer gaming for preowned games if they choose to go with Online passes while the other blocks gaming entirely across all titles if you do not adhere to daily checkups or have no internet connection at all whether the game is purchased new or used.

That discourages second hand sales, they can be compared on some minor points. What happened to the internet wide uproar at this? You bought the product but must pay more again on top?

The X360 also had online passes >>. Both were the same in that matter.

The Wii U is no different. You are assuming every PS4/Wii U game will have an online pass which is wrong. I still don't have a Wii U but as far as I know, no game has an online pass which is easy to assume the publishers that offered an online pass on the PS3/X360 will be the same on the PS4/Wii U which is a minority, and we can boycott these game having one. Do NOT assume all games will have one.

Sorry for bad English.

It is hard to disagree with a lot of your comments. More options is always better. However the options for me, compliments my house hold. Just as long as all of you fight the fight, I'm not going to. LOL

I wanted to get some talks going. Play devils advocate, with all this out cry it's hard seeing them not back peddling. Some like me do not much care but do have concerns about the future of my games I own. I'm pretty sure they will just transfer over at that point or keep the servers working or this is when they will stop the 24 hr check. LOL

I think people are thinking the worst but I do agree with a lot of those fears and most likely people like you will push the change.

Around the Network

Maybe it isnt that bad, but it is the WORST of all the systems out there and ones coming, including PC. Take that how you want it. I have no issue with anyone saying "screw it, ill buy anyway" but dont try to cherry coat it with terrible comparisons and outright lies

Euphoria14 said:
Darth Tigris said:
To me it's just like broadband only for XBL when it launched waaaaay back in November 2002. Broadband was NOT widespread throughout the world. I personally knew a lot of people still on dial-up then and for years after. But they new to move things forward, it was a necessary restriction and they took the bullets for it. In the end, we're better for it.

MS has a vision of where they see things going in the future, and that's all digital. They know the advantages, but most of us are so entrenched in how things are now that all we see is what they're taking AWAY from us. As time goes on, I'm confident they will continue to demonstrate the VALUE of their vision so we (hopefully) will focus less on the restrictions and more on the opportunities it opens up to us as gamers.

There will be those that plant their flag in the now and will argue until their gray about consumer rights, selfishly determined to let console gaming die in it's antiquity while smartphones and tablets (Steam!) thrive on the exact same DRM they say will ruin the world. That is their right. But MS (and, despite the PR play, eventually Sony too) want console gaming to survive and that will take some drastic steps into the future.

ALL digital is coming. And we'll be better for it.

Going all digital is fine. I don't even think that is the main argument here.

With all digital you don't need to also have daily check ins and reauthentications in order for those purchased titles to work. Whether a title be digital or retail a person should feel confident that his/her purchased product will work, without restrictions. If years down the line your console can't connect to the net (Could be various reasons), you shouldn't have to worry about not being able to access your purchased content which is stored on that console.

It's the bridge to all digital.  

It's like birth.  You're all comfortable, chillin' in some amniotic fluid for months and months.  You got it good.  Then it just bust out and you're all like "wait, what???" and next thing you know you're being kicked out of your nice warm home into some bright new place and they start cutting things off of you and you just scream and cry and wonder why this horrible thing is happening to you.  Then you breathe a little air and get held by some arms that are strangely familiar and you start to settle down.  Then you get that nipple in your mouth and it's all good, as a whole new world is opened up to you that you didn't even know was this awesome.

So basically we have to go through this to get some nipple.  Nipple is good.

Darth Tigris said:
Euphoria14 said:
Darth Tigris said:
To me it's just like broadband only for XBL when it launched waaaaay back in November 2002. Broadband was NOT widespread throughout the world. I personally knew a lot of people still on dial-up then and for years after. But they new to move things forward, it was a necessary restriction and they took the bullets for it. In the end, we're better for it.

MS has a vision of where they see things going in the future, and that's all digital. They know the advantages, but most of us are so entrenched in how things are now that all we see is what they're taking AWAY from us. As time goes on, I'm confident they will continue to demonstrate the VALUE of their vision so we (hopefully) will focus less on the restrictions and more on the opportunities it opens up to us as gamers.

There will be those that plant their flag in the now and will argue until their gray about consumer rights, selfishly determined to let console gaming die in it's antiquity while smartphones and tablets (Steam!) thrive on the exact same DRM they say will ruin the world. That is their right. But MS (and, despite the PR play, eventually Sony too) want console gaming to survive and that will take some drastic steps into the future.

ALL digital is coming. And we'll be better for it.

Going all digital is fine. I don't even think that is the main argument here.

With all digital you don't need to also have daily check ins and reauthentications in order for those purchased titles to work. Whether a title be digital or retail a person should feel confident that his/her purchased product will work, without restrictions. If years down the line your console can't connect to the net (Could be various reasons), you shouldn't have to worry about not being able to access your purchased content which is stored on that console.

It's the bridge to all digital.  

It's like birth.  You're all comfortable, chillin' in some ambiotic fluid for months and months.  You got it good.  Then it just bust out and you're all like "wait, what???" and next thing you know you're being kicked out of your nice warm home into some bright new place and they start cutting things off of you and you just scream and cry and wonder why this horrible thing is happening to you.  Then you breathe a little air and get held by some arms that are strangely familiar and you start to settle down.  Then you get that nipple in your mouth and it's all good, as a whole new world is opened up to you that you didn't even know was this awesome.

So basically we have to go through this to get some nipple.  Nipple is good.

You know, as a parent I am reading that entire thing shaking my head, lol.

A baby for the first few months doesn't even know that it is more than a set of eyes and a mouth, lol. Lay one down, grabs their arms and let them go and watch them totally freak out. 

Currently playing:

My internet is not that great and i always have problems connecting. No Xbox 1 for me.

DJEVOLVE said:
Turkish said:
YES THEY ARE! Its unbelievable people are defending the online checks and used game policy, really unbelievable.

Even if I had a perfect connection which I and millions of others dont, the 24h check would still suck! I dont want to be restricted in any kind of form.

The feeling alone that I need to check in with MS every 24h to play my 60 euro game is putting me off, and so should it you.

Your phone checks in and if you don't pay your bill your phone is worthless. So you accept that.

Not to mention, he can use that phone for the 5 seconds it takes to check in

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS