By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Calm down, MS policies are not that bad.

I'm writing this because of all the article's posted non-stop seeming by people with Sony plastered all over their sig. Maybe just a coincidence.

Really ask your self, when is the last time I have not had internet? and if you have not had it, maybe you should be worrying about other things rather then gaming on $400-$500 systems.

How many software companies failed last gen due to Used game sales? And why didn't you see this coming?

Why do you think it's going to be that much different on PS4? Sony said they are leaving it up to game developers. So meaning most third party will require this.

Internet is the future. Google Fiber is making it's way around the U.S. and I can see it making massive leaps in the next 5 years.

You can borrow your friends games when your not using them, They also can't break your disc or lose your copy. you own your game forever, ever and ever. It

can't get broke. You just redownload it.

Anecdotal evidence: The only friends of mine who are having major issues, are the people that never buy games in the first place and when they do, it's used. My 20 year old brother doesn't have a issue with it, if he can afford internet, you can too.

Also lets be honest, most of you posting threads are just really flaming. Most of you never intended on buying xbox one.

If you are not going to buy it and never where anyway. Stop the doom threads. Go buy a WiiU. I own one, it's great. So lets just chill out with doomed/flame threads.

Internet is here to stay and google is going to make sure of that. Also lets have some positive feed back from Xbox fans, what policies do you like? what games? features? What about Illumi-room? and did anyone see it at E3? This is something I want to see a lot more on.

Also if you worried about privacy, Get up and unplug the Device after every use. It really is that simple. I highly doubt xbox is going to spy on you and why would they have to? Your phone has a microphone, camera, phone records, text records and your name is attached to it. If they where going to spy, it would be on your phone.

Google fiber link: http://www.forbes.com/sites/jeffbercovici/2013/06/11/googles-not-so-evil-plan-to-lower-your-cable-bill/

Gamestop record profits that would have been spent on Games and remember, most people are only saving $5 dollars on used games.

http://www.shacknews.com/article/67927/gamestop-reports-record-f2010-year#

Around the Network

IT"S FREAKING THAT BAD...

But I do agree that most of the thread here are just for flaming. Most of the people here are not buying a Xbox One regardless because they are PS fanboys.

User was banned for this post.

yo_john117

Yeah most of the people creating threads about PR issues and other things were never going to get it anyways or at least not for a few years.

They are just making the threads to stick the knife in a little more and fuel the fire.

Around the Network
bonkers555 said:
IT"S FREAKING THAT BAD...

But I do agree that most of the thread here are just for flaming. Most of the people here are not buying a Xbox One regardless because they are PS fanboys.

I really don't think it is and actually benefits me. read the Google Fiber Link. Prices will be dropping to very low  in the near future.

logic is not allowed. Sorry.

140 developers had to close in the past years and you can bet your *beeep* that at least some of those had to close because of used game sales and piracy.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Don't do this, you'll get slaughtered my friend

maximrace said:
Don't do this, you'll get slaughtered my friend

Thats fine.  I'm just pointing out the obvious.  I'm just saying calm down and think to people.

My problem is that internet is required even to play single player, why should you need to? Also, we can't act like some of us are unaffected. As technology is never flawless. It's bound to have problems from time to time whether it's your own internet or the servers of the game. Just remind yourself of the mess that was Sim City... Now imagine that with your Xbox One, you may want to game but can't because the server crashed and because you must sign in to game, you won't be able to play single player either. It's just stupid. Worst Case Scenario- Let's say Xbox Live got hacked and went down for a month, that would mean the Xbox would only be functionable for 24 hours and then after that won't work as you can't check in. Worst case here, but it's just absurd. I just hope Microsoft will be ready unlike EA was.

Also, there is still no compelling argument to stop second hand sales and i don't think there ever will be.

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018