By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Calm down, MS policies are not that bad.

VGC is MASSIVELY Sony. Even 5 years ago.

IGN, Gamespot etc etc is all MASSIVELY sony. Its always been the same.

Even users who claim they were Xbox fans saying Im now getting PS4 have been found out that they are PS fans. LOL. Loads of this on IGN for example.

Its pretty sad. LOL. Sales will tell the story. Microsoft will know their preorders. And I bet they are high. The intial batch for Xbox One in my City is pretty much sold out on preorder. They have started to advertise that no more day one consoles are left. ROFL.

As for what I like.

LOVE Always on connection.
LOVE DRM ( Piracy losers )
LOVE how the industry will have more money to stay alive thanks to Microsoft.
LOVE how truly ONE box is all I need

LOVE the Windows 8 integration
LOVE the instant app switching.
LOVE how I can change from 1 game paused to another game paused instantly

LOVE the exclusives
LOVE the controller

Around the Network
weaveworld said:
How come these hardcore defenders of Xboxone just don't get that the restrictions itself are the major problem most have...?
I'm always online but I'll never buy a console that requires me to. Their new policies offer mere restrictions and restrictions are bad. Period.

So maybe you could finally man up and say that Xboxone's policies are consumer unfriendly and despite that; you still love the brand and will happily enjoy it.

cause we are talking about entertainement and i'm not gonna stop at policy that is completly irrelevent to me.... if you want to go in the streets for it good for you.... some people don't have time to waste and don't care.... it's not like its gonna change society....

Ur opinions on other opinions is just sad.. First u create a thread an open forum, and tell people "calm down, MS policies are not that bad" and when people express their concerns about it, u present ur illogical views and ask them not to buy?!

Yes I agree ur cell phone comparison to X1 is right, if u agree that x1 is not a gaming console, just like Cell phone is not a gaming console. MS last gaming console would be 360 and X1 is not just a entertainment box with gaming as a secondary and less relevenat feature just like in the cell phone. But still I can play games on my cell phone if my connection is down.. So cell phone wins

- like i said i dont have problem with being online even my ps3 is always online. but dont want to live in a fear my gaming console would be useless if my internet goes down and it does go down. and ur reply will be "get a PS4 or Wii U, X1 is not meant to be offline" Fine I m getting a gaming console which will be PS4, but dont point out its DRM policies as a boon for gamers.. it might be boon for publishers, but robs gamers wallet like Xblive for so many years. (atleast PS+ gives free games) 

My argument is irrelevant to the masses!?, actually ur argument is irrelevant to the masses, coz everywhere on the internet "the masses" are complaining about these so called MS policies.. and ur argument of X1 being Media Hub, what exactly does X1 do that PS4 doesnt.. voice command, gesture control fantasy league organization? well i can anytrade trade those with a better HW, offline play and no DRM!

Abt BR, why does MS even bothered with BR in the first place, if they wanted to go digital and were so sure of masses interenet connections. Yeah i know to watch BR movies which PS3 did last gen..and xbox STUCK with DVD's and now u feel that they are holding development back! Again Why did even MS bother with BR at all! dont say content delivery system coz as u say everything will be in the cloud forever w/o scratches and stuff

If its the MS policies are Irrelevant to you then dont go around people telling why they are over reacting and the policies are not bad, if its irrelevant to you then buy the Xbox. Majority of us are not ok with the policy, not because we love PS4 or Wii U, but its against the idealogy of what gaming console should be and why its a prefered way to play games over more powerful PC's.

People all over the internet are voicing their opinion against the restrictive policy of MS, because if MS gets away with this console gaming as we know of today will die

And seriously Floppy disk are more reliable than DISC? Now i feel dumb arguing with you.. hence u made that comment, so to better understand argument here is an image!

The RRoD, lack of exclusives and variety in games were present in 360, yet people bought it. So, no wonder they will buy One regardless its restrictions.

I'm surprised Anonymous hasn't strapped on their Guy Fawkes masks in protest of Microsoft's anti-consumer DRM policies. Those sanctimonious asshats live for this kinda sh*t.

Around the Network

Multiple times over the past year i have been without internet for a couple days at a time due to poor service or 'maintenance'

Current Game Machines: 3DS, Wii U, PC.

Currently Playing: X-Com(PC), Smash Bros(WiiU), Banner Saga(PC), Guild Wars 2(PC), Project X Zone(3DS), Luigis Mansion 2(3DS), DayZ(PC)

BossPuma said:
My internet is not that great and i always have problems connecting. No Xbox 1 for me.

No tethering? No wireless lan to leech off? NOTHING? Well yes, then XBox 1 is not for you.

It's just that simple.

MonstaMack said:
BossPuma said:
My internet is not that great and i always have problems connecting. No Xbox 1 for me.

No tethering? No wireless lan to leech off? NOTHING? Well yes, then XBox 1 is not for you.

No, i have internet , but it doesnt reach very well to the part my house that i live in.

richardhutnik said:
mike_intellivision said:
Microsoft is trying to move from ownership of games to licensing of software.

That might work somewhat in the business world or in applications where there are constant upgrades.
But for gaming, it means that when the servers are shut down, you have NOTHING to show for your hundreds/thousands of dollars of investment.

And before you say that Microsoft would not let that happen, an exec said during its reveal that backward compatability was backwards.

That policy -- taking away ownership -- is not acceptable to me.

Mike from Morgantown

Actually the only thing people buy now IS a license.  The kicker is rather than owning a license and being able to change ownership of it, and controlling that, the companies want you to RENT the license and have it expire sometime, requiring you to keep paying.  The industry would LOVE to have people to keep paying to play the same content, and renting it indefinitely.  It means more money, so they can maintain support.  Look for them to got he Netflix route also, and have people access libraries.  Once you are there, after this, they can then hook you and proceed to raise the rent, and you get stuck.

Mike, the retro gaming model of owning and enjoying the past is meant to go away.

MS is trying to transform the legalese (which often does not hold up in court) into reality. That is not a pretty picture.

The more rights you take away from people, the more apt you are to turn people toward less than "honorable" means to acquire their games.

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Well since MS canceled the policies, I would now say they were THAT bad.