By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - XBone only works on supported countries

they are not going to launch in markets where they can't provide their full service i guess,it really is a next gen with microsoft,thought htey would have more asian markets as it is not like they don't have strong internet,thought they would look for expansion there

Above & Beyond

Around the Network
RisingC said:

One of the reason that I could think of is that MS doesn't want X1 launch filled with people complaining the server down. Remember what happened to Diablo 3 and SimCity when they released worldwide and they couldn't handle the massive load . So they release X1 only on selected countries at launch to prevent the same fiasco that happened to Diablo and SimCity.

Wouldn't be a problem if the X1 dosen't support constent internet check-in

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

You want to know what is funny:

CD Projekt Red is going te make the biggest entertainment product in the Polish history. However there is no way to play The Witcher 3 on Xbox One if you live in Poland. PS4 it is for the people living there ( if you can't afford a game pc since TW3 will need a bit of power)

Stories unfolded with my home made rap songs. Feel free to listen here with lyrics: https://youtu.be/vyT9PbK5_T0

Somebody should make a "who can buy Xbone?" thread. I am really, really confused.

slowmo said:
Rafux said:
slowmo said:

No you made a claim that the Xbox One will not work which isn't proven to be the case, all you've posted is a support person posting the company line that they should wait till it's available in their region which is perfectly reasonable. 

Please find this evidence of your claim as I've asked you to provide multiple times.  You can deflect  all you like but you've made a claim and not provided any evidence to support it.

Please directly spoon feed me the quote that supports your claim or admit you're lying and making shit up once and for all.

Dude says that if he is not from a supported country but has a UK account would he be able to play? Xbox support says "may not work".

Which isn't saying "does not work" but nice try, keep digging.

We're going to need someone out there take the chances and import a Xbox unit to confirm this. That or someone could manage to make the customer support give a definitive answer.

But from reading the exchange in the OP I got that Xbox One won't work outside its supported countries. Even the person talking to the CS rep understood the same.

Around the Network
KhinRunite said:

We're going to need someone out there take the chances and import a Xbox unit to confirm this. That or someone could manage to make the customer support give a definitive answer.

But from reading the exchange in the OP I got that Xbox One won't work outside its supported countries. Even the person talking to the CS rep understood the same.

They will never say on official channels if it was possible as they clearly do not want people to import and never have.  I have no doubt that you could beat the system using a proxy and payment methods in the region you imported from but why would anyone want to do this if the company themselves have decided to not support your region.

Could someone tell me why Brazil is even included? Not to offend anyone but doesn't the internet suck over there? A bigger part of europe should be supported but they are not and MS is screwing up things more and more everyday which seriously for me is painful because now I'll have to leave my Gamerscore and buy myself a PS4 :(

Why do they finish their tweets with "PS" and "PC"?

Do you think they're trying to tell us something?

XBox One, releasing in 21 countries.

PS4, releasing region free.

No Japan.

Xbox, go home. In fact, don't even bother showing up.