By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - XBone only works on supported countries

Rafux said:
ironmanDX said:

Not at all. There is similar bad news for the PS4 and some Sony fans are making themselves look... Silly. Are we going to trade negative thread for negative thread now? Seems pretty pointless to me but each to their own I suppose....

Similar? Read the thread title this is not about where the X1 is going to launch this is about the X1 not even working on not supported countries. PS4 is region free and can be imported anywhere if the user have the means to do so.

PS4 might be region free but that doesn't mean Sony will support you importing a console to a different region it is more that the software will not be region locked.  You seem to have woeful comprehension skills.

Around the Network
Rafux said:
slowmo said:

Where does it say they're stopping it.  Where is the confirmation that they're doing IP address filtering please?

If you cannot prove this then your title is wrong and the entire thread is your supposition from some tweets and actually trolling imo

Read the tweets they talk about authentification.

The tweets you posted don't mention authentication at all.  It's not my job to go looking for evidence to prove your baseless claim.

Not launching it there is understandable.

It not actually working there? Just lol

slowmo said:
Rafux said:
ironmanDX said:

Not at all. There is similar bad news for the PS4 and some Sony fans are making themselves look... Silly. Are we going to trade negative thread for negative thread now? Seems pretty pointless to me but each to their own I suppose....

Similar? Read the thread title this is not about where the X1 is going to launch this is about the X1 not even working on not supported countries. PS4 is region free and can be imported anywhere if the user have the means to do so.

PS4 might be region free but that doesn't mean Sony will support you importing a console to a different region it is more that the software will not be region locked.  You seem to have woeful comprehension skills.

Read very carefully: PS4 works in any country worldwide at launch

Thats what this thread is about if it works (play games) or not on unsupported countries. It doesn't matter if Sony supports or not importing of the PS4 since it works anyway. Here in South America we always import our consoles from USA is always been like that and even when they get officially released years later is cheaper to just import them from USA since taxes are crazy here.

Come on, its not that hard to understand.

Netyaroze said:
Ok this is officially worse than Sony 2005/2006.

So would it be possible to use a proxy for your Xbox 1 to authenticate yourself as from lets say UK if Xbox doesnt work were you live ?

In theory, yes. People will only know after someone tries to do so though. I doubt MS will say anything about that, since I'm not entirely sure that is legal.

Not having it available in Portugal is going to make it way easier to decide for me. Anyway I was 80% inclined to buy a PS4 already.

Around the Network
slowmo said:
Rafux said:
slowmo said:

Where does it say they're stopping it.  Where is the confirmation that they're doing IP address filtering please?

If you cannot prove this then your title is wrong and the entire thread is your supposition from some tweets and actually trolling imo

Read the tweets they talk about authentification.

The tweets you posted don't mention authentication at all.  It's not my job to go looking for evidence to prove your baseless claim.

I can't spoon feed you information I already posted on the OP. Read the tweets s-l-o-w-l-y and pay attention is not that hard you can do it champ.

Rafux said:
slowmo said:

Thats what this thread is about if it works (play games) or not on unsupported countries. It doesn't matter if Sony supports or not importing of the PS4 since it works anyway. Here in South America we always import our consoles from USA is always been like that and even when they get officially released years later is cheaper to just import them from USA since taxes are crazy here.

No you made a claim that the Xbox One will not work which isn't proven to be the case, all you've posted is a support person posting the company line that they should wait till it's available in their region which is perfectly reasonable. 

Please find this evidence of your claim as I've asked you to provide multiple times.  You can deflect  all you like but you've made a claim and not provided any evidence to support it.

Please directly spoon feed me the quote that supports your claim or admit you're lying and making shit up once and for all.

So yeah, Romania's not on their map. Hehehe, this'll be funny, I'll finally have more people from around here to play on PSN with. Considering how just about no one is creating infrastructure to actually support us, I don't see the XBox One doing any sort of business around here. And some people still think I'm hating on the XBox One...it seems the console is actually hating back,

its just keeps getting worse and worse there is no way the xbone can get worse then this

slowmo said:
Rafux said:
slowmo said:

No you made a claim that the Xbox One will not work which isn't proven to be the case, all you've posted is a support person posting the company line that they should wait till it's available in their region which is perfectly reasonable. 

Please find this evidence of your claim as I've asked you to provide multiple times.  You can deflect  all you like but you've made a claim and not provided any evidence to support it.

Please directly spoon feed me the quote that supports your claim or admit you're lying and making shit up once and for all.

Dude says that if he is not from a supported country but has a UK account would he be able to play? Xbox support says "may not work".