By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - XBone only works on supported countries

Even more more confusion as Xbox support is confirming that the X1 at launch will only work on supported countries and you won't be able to authentificate your games if you are not in one of the supported countries and it doesn't matter if you buy the console from a supported one since it checks your IP.

Around the Network

Supported countries at launch

Rafux said:

Damn can't identify half of those countries, Brazil, Mexico, US, Canada, Italy, Spain, Russia, Australia ehh Portugal... gonna buy an atlas tomorrow

Yea.......Sony is already kicking MS's but because they often sell well to smaller markets, and now MS is throwing that out the door?

----

If attach rates don't explode, this is all a slam dunk fail on MS's part.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Busted said:
Rafux said:

Damn can't identify half of those countries, Brazil, Mexico, US, Canada, Italy, Spain, Russia, Australia ehh Portugal... gonna buy an atlas tomorrow

Around the Network

"JAPAN = GAMES"?

Not with Xbox One it seems :/

oh dear lord, what are ms doing (face palm)

Someone should calculate how much percent of all people on earth will have access to a xbox one.

must-have-list for platforms i don't own yet:

WiiU: Donkey Kong

XBone: Dead Rising 3, Ryse

You'd have to import it to get these problems though and with an already limited amount for launch, I doubt it will have an affect on .05 of Xbox ONE's.

Surely the shop would also tell you before selling it, it would be their fault more so than MS. MS actually have informed the people, something usually spoken of negatively on this forum, when they actually do, still negative.