By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - XBone only works on supported countries

ironmanDX said:
KhinRunite said:
ironmanDX said:

Really? You're saying the servers are going to crash without the console even being released yet? History shows that Sony fans should be more worried. If DRM and used games are so bad, where are anonymous?

No where. You're trying way too hard.

It was just an assumption that servers WILL get hacked, crash, or go offline. See Sim City, Diablo 3, and just about any MMORPG out there. Eventually server performance gets better due to two factors: upgrades on the provider's part, or user population drop. About Anonymous's prescence in all this, I don't know. I haven't heard from them since the PSN fiasco.

My list is all inclusive. I doubt people would be changing their perception of the device if for example point 2 is resolved.

You assume for MS and give examples in other companies,not including Sony of course, yet don't mention Sony too could get hit again? Only MS servers can? LOL!

You're still trying too hard.

If you want an example with a Microsoft service, just Google "MS Cloud Down". However, you missed the point. My enumeration contained games that wouldn't play without internet connection. I could care less if PSN goes down; PS4 is still playable without internet connection...

Again, it doesn't matter much if you solve point 2 from the list. They're all inclusive. You seem too fixated on that.

The assumption that Microsoft servers are immuned to hacking, or going offline is yours to make. There are people who think otherwise.

Around the Network
ironmanDX said:
OdinHades said:
Microsoft just doesn't want to sell that console. Seriously, everything they are doing just doesn't make any freaking sense at all. They're killing themselves, it's worse than Sony with the PS3. They literally built the worst console ever and that thing still has rumoured heat issues and launches for 499 $ only in selected countries. All of asia except the russian part is excluded, half of europe, the whole of africa and only brazil in south america!

What in the bloody hell is wrong with those people? How can you screw up so bad? It blows my mind!

We already have a gigantig backlog of negative news about Xbox One and yet they somehow manage to make that thing even worse every single day. I'm not kidding, that has to be the worst fuck up in console history.

And yes, I know this sounds a lot like flaming, but it isn't really intended to. But it's just the truth, I mean, come on. How in the world could all this get possibly any worse? I don't mean to offend anybody and if you want to get an Xbox One that's fine by me. But even the most hardcore Xbox Fans will have to admit that Microsoft didn't do the best job of all time with that hardware, don't you think? I just wanted to share my thoughts. I just can't fucking believe what is happening right now.

gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=162362&page=1

Now you're just embarrasing yourself. This thread should be locked. It's ran it's course.

More bad news about the X1, LOCK THIS THREAD!!! I'll be importing my PS4 on launch (if I find one) good luck with that E3 catastrophe.

slowmo said:
Rafux said:
slowmo said:

No console manufacturer has ever supported importing of consoles to the wrong region, they've just never had a means to stop the process before.  The simple fact is that they've said you will not be supported outside of the correct region, this is a responsible message to give and doesn't mislead consumers.  I know I could easily get the console working in a region that isn't supported, it's not hard to do if you know what you're doing but why should Microsoft tell people how to do this.  If you live in Portugal then you'll have to wait until it's available in your region. 

I would add that I couldn't see the confirmation in the OP that they will be filtering based on IP address anyway so this still isn't confirmed they are stopping people from importing, it is merely the standard response any company would give regarding importing a product to a different region.  If they supported importing they would then have to provide warranty and technical support to that area which just isn;t going to happen.  Good luck if you buy a PS4 and import it to the incorrect region and have any problems as you will not get support for that either.

If I want to import a console thats my decision to make and I know the risks (no official support) actually thats the only way most countries on Latin America get their consoles or even other products but at least they work and we don't have to wait until MS give us permision to use it.

I don't know if Sony cares about importing of their consoles but at least they are not stopping it and games are region free.

Where does it say they're stopping it.  Where is the confirmation that they're doing IP address filtering please?

If you cannot prove this then your title is wrong and the entire thread is your supposition from some tweets and actually trolling imo

Read the tweets they talk about authentification.

KhinRunite said:
ironmanDX said:

You assume for MS and give examples in other companies,not including Sony of course, yet don't mention Sony too could get hit again? Only MS servers can? LOL!

If you want an example with a Microsoft service, just Google "MS Cloud Down". However, you missed the point. My enumeration contained games that wouldn't play without internet connection. I could care less if PSN goes down; PS4 is still playable without internet connection...

Again, it doesn't matter much if you solve point 2 from the list. They're all inclusive. You seem too fixated on that.

The assumption that Microsoft servers are immuned to hacking, or going offline is yours to make. There are people who think otherwise.

I was fixated on your word use. You pointed the finger at one company and used others as examples yet no mention until now that it's a possibility for Sony. It was also only down for 8 hours... Not 24. The X1 obviously wasn't out yet either and it has it's own servers. I also made no assumption about immunity.

Rafux said:
ironmanDX said:
OdinHades said:
Microsoft just doesn't want to sell that console. Seriously, everything they are doing just doesn't make any freaking sense at all. They're killing themselves, it's worse than Sony with the PS3. They literally built the worst console ever and that thing still has rumoured heat issues and launches for 499 $ only in selected countries. All of asia except the russian part is excluded, half of europe, the whole of africa and only brazil in south america!

What in the bloody hell is wrong with those people? How can you screw up so bad? It blows my mind!

We already have a gigantig backlog of negative news about Xbox One and yet they somehow manage to make that thing even worse every single day. I'm not kidding, that has to be the worst fuck up in console history.

And yes, I know this sounds a lot like flaming, but it isn't really intended to. But it's just the truth, I mean, come on. How in the world could all this get possibly any worse? I don't mean to offend anybody and if you want to get an Xbox One that's fine by me. But even the most hardcore Xbox Fans will have to admit that Microsoft didn't do the best job of all time with that hardware, don't you think? I just wanted to share my thoughts. I just can't fucking believe what is happening right now.

Now you're just embarrasing yourself. This thread should be locked. It's ran it's course.

More bad news about the X1, LOCK THIS THREAD!!! I'll be importing my PS4 on launch (if I find one) good luck with that E3 catastrophe.

Not at all. There is similar bad news for the PS4 and some Sony fans are making themselves look... Silly. Are we going to trade negative thread for negative thread now? Seems pretty pointless to me but each to their own I suppose....

Around the Network
ironmanDX said:
Rafux said:
ironmanDX said:
OdinHades said:

Not at all. There is similar bad news for the PS4 and some Sony fans are making themselves look... Silly. Are we going to trade negative thread for negative thread now? Seems pretty pointless to me but each to their own I suppose....

Similar? Read the thread title this is not about where the X1 is going to launch this is about the X1 not even working on not supported countries. PS4 is region free and can be imported anywhere if the user have the means to do so.

Rafux said:
ironmanDX said:

Similar? Read the thread title this is not about where the X1 is going to launch this is about the X1 not even working on not supported countries. PS4 is region free and can be imported anywhere if the user have the means to do so.

Lol, it is similar... Anyway, Ill be back on later.

ironmanDX said:
KhinRunite said:
ironmanDX said:

I was fixated on your word use. You pointed the finger at one company and used others as examples yet no mention until now that it's a possibility for Sony. It was also only down for 8 hours... Not 24. The X1 obviously wasn't out yet either and it has it's own servers. I also made no assumption about immunity.

Well I thought you're already aware that Xbox Live going down is a much bigger deal for Xbox One than PSN is to the PS4, so I didn't think it deserves any outstanding mention. But to quote myself: "It was just an assumption that servers WILL get hacked, crash, or go offline". That is a sweeping assumption, and actually includes Sony servers.

The bad news just keeps rolling in for M$ Im starting to think this console Will struggle to move 20 million at this rate.

Ok this is officially worse than Sony 2005/2006.

So would it be possible to use a proxy for your Xbox 1 to authenticate yourself as from lets say UK if Xbox doesnt work were you live ?