By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - XBone only works on supported countries

ironmanDX said:
You'd have to import it to get these problems though and with an already limited amount for launch, I doubt it will have an affect on .05 of Xbox ONE's.

Surely the shop would also tell you before selling it, it would be their fault more so than MS. MS actually have informed the people, something usually spoken of negatively on this forum, when they actually do, still negative.

thats because everything they are saying is negative on Consumers.. 

Around the Network
PlaystaionGamer said:
ironmanDX said:
You'd have to import it to get these problems though and with an already limited amount for launch, I doubt it will have an affect on .05 of Xbox ONE's.

Surely the shop would also tell you before selling it, it would be their fault more so than MS. MS actually have informed the people, something usually spoken of negatively on this forum, when they actually do, still negative.

We'll see. People don't like change, just like they didn't like steam, just like saying the world was spherical was a sin. Obviously that's a big jump but PC games have had codes on them locking it to one PC for years... As with the OS, yet that is considered the norm and is accepted now. I wish I could share Windows with 10 "family members" but you can't.

ironmanDX said:
PlaystaionGamer said:

We'll see. People don't like change, just like they didn't like steam, just like saying the world was spherical was a sin. Obviously that's a big jump but PC games have had codes on them locking it to one PC for years... As with the OS, yet that is considered the norm and is accepted now. I wish I could share Windows with 10 "family members" but you can't.

well for example, im 22 and i move around alot so interent access is not something i can always have.. even moving into a new place could mean no internet depedning on where it is and the landlords rules. if im sharing a place im not paying to get internet put it and the monthly bill. so i always buy the Ps and Xbox that are out but Ms have actualy forced me not to. im not buying something i potentually cant even play for maybe a year because of no interent. they really messed up

PlaystaionGamer said:
ironmanDX said:

well for example, im 22 and i move around alot so interent access is not something i can always have.. even moving into a new place could mean no internet depedning on where it is and the landlords rules. if im sharing a place im not paying to get internet put it and the monthly bill. so i always buy the Ps and Xbox that are out but Ms have actualy forced me not to. im not buying something i potentually cant even play for maybe a year because of no interent. they really messed up

Lucky for you your username is PlaystationGamer then, huh?

ironmanDX said:
PlaystaionGamer said:
ironmanDX said:

This is just plain negative, lets say I live in Portugal and I don't mind the always online/used games DRM/always kinected policies, I have the money, a good internet connection and the means to import an Xbox 1 from Spain yet I still can't play it because MS put even more restrictions on the online activations and DRM.

Around the Network
ironmanDX said:
PlaystaionGamer said:
ironmanDX said:

The only way to get the people remotely accepting of these "changes" ushered by the Xbox One was if the following happened:

1.) Internet is as readily available as electricity.

2.) Authentication servers wouldn't get hacked, or crash, or go offline.

3.) Make their service available in all countries.

What's the use of being able to share your games with 10 other people when you all can't use them because of connection issues?

Rafux said:
ironmanDX said:

This is just plain negative, lets say I live in Portugal and I don't mind the always online/used games DRM/always kinected policies, I have the money, a good internet connection and the means to import an Xbox 1 from Spain yet I still can't play it because MS put even more restrictions on the online activations and DRM.

You know already... So lets assume you don't. You'd do research, right? No? Ok, lets assume no for that too.... You've got no idea, I'm plain negative yet you're assuming the shop/outlet/whatever won't tell you either... Right. If the assumption made by many/most on these forums are the "core" players are online. Core players are the ones that would go to that length to ship an already expensive Xbox ONE overseas, Especially AT LAUNCH! Core players would know. If they didn't and the shop didn't tell you, get a refund and buy a PS4 or WiiU because you can't wait for next gen or wait a little longer. The gen was the longest of all time, what's another month or 2?

The End.

KhinRunite said:
ironmanDX said:
PlaystaionGamer said:
ironmanDX said:

The only way to get the people remotely accepting of these "changes" ushered by the Xbox One was if the following happened:

1.) Internet is as readily available as electricity.

2.) Authentication servers wouldn't get hacked, or crash, or go offline.

3.) Make their service available in all countries.

What's the use of being able to share your games with 10 other people when you all can't use them because of connection issues?

Really? You're saying the servers are going to crash without the console even being released yet? History shows that Sony fans should be more worried. If DRM and used games are so bad, where are anonymous?

No where. You're trying way too hard.

ironmanDX said:
Rafux said:
ironmanDX said:

You know already... So lets assume you don't. You'd do research, right? No? Ok, lets assume no for that too.... You've got no idea, I'm plain negative yet you're assuming the shop/outlet/whatever won't tell you either... Right. If the assumption made by many/most on these forums are the "core" players are online. Core players are the ones that would go to that length to ship an already expensive Xbox ONE overseas, Especially AT LAUNCH! Core players would know. If they didn't and the shop didn't tell you, get a refund and buy a PS4 or WiiU because you can't wait for next gen or wait a little longer. The gen was the longest of all time, what's another month or 2?

The End.

Overseas? Portugal is right next to Spain.

This whole thing sucks, I wonder how will journalist in Japan or Portugal review the x1 when they can't play games on it at launch even if they import it. What reason is there to not let you play the console if you want to import it?

Rafux said:

Supported countries at launch

Is japan not supported? or is it green and i just cant tell?