By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Hipocricy of Mayimoto.

Do you find said reply funny? (Yes or No) - Either are acceptable, as it was a pretty good quick response. After reading that, I contacted a few people, and those 8 year olds at the track are going to find out just how deadly banna peels are.

Do you find said response accurate? (Yes or No) - Most would learn towards no, but honestly, who cares? Miyamoto clearly leans towards nonsensical fantasy cartoony violence, whereas Jaffe does not, and when one questions the other, he was pointing that out. Miyamoto says - Why realish violence, Jaffe says - Why cartoony violence?

And we're done. There are some who agree with either side.

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.

Around the Network
Garcian Smith said:
Damstr8 said:
brute said:
kingofwale said:
>well what game were they making that had guns in it

Twisted Metal

LOL, that's why I love Jaffe, the guy puts his heart on his sleeves, and he can also back it up with solid games.

so retro studios was making twisted metal

Yeah,They are making twisted metal:head on for the ps2...right?

Nope; Retro is a Nintendo second-party.

Anyway, I seriously dislike Jaffe. His conduct isn't professional, by any means. Now, that might not be a bad thing if he handled being unprofessional with some finesse, but in practice he always manages to sound more like some drunk asshole.

oh right, metroid prime guys,right...right

Damstr8 said:
brute said:
kingofwale said:

Twisted Metal

LOL, that's why I love Jaffe, the guy puts his heart on his sleeves, and he can also back it up with solid games.

but isnt retro owned by ninty

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Garcian Smith said:
Damstr8 said:
brute said:
kingofwale said:

Twisted Metal

Anyway, I seriously dislike Jaffe. His conduct isn't professional, by any means. Now, that might not be a bad thing if he handled being unprofessional with some finesse, but in practice he always manages to sound more like some drunk asshole.

your comment is making you seem more like an "asshole"

Jaffe is one of the top deveopers in the world. To denounce his games, which there has been a ton of them, jsut shows you are an ignorant fanboy. Jaffe acts like a normal person, like game devs should.

Its the same thing as for why there is a reason why Steve Jobs, CEO of Apple, wears sweat pants to his business meetings most of the time. He knows he is a average guy who made good business decisions and doesnt hold him self above others. 

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Fuzzmosis said:
Do you find said reply funny? (Yes or No) - Either are acceptable, as it was a pretty good quick response. After reading that, I contacted a few people, and those 8 year olds at the track are going to find out just how deadly banna peels are.

Do you find said response accurate? (Yes or No) - Most would learn towards no, but honestly, who cares? Miyamoto clearly leans towards nonsensical fantasy cartoony violence, whereas Jaffe does not, and when one questions the other, he was pointing that out. Miyamoto says - Why realish violence, Jaffe says - Why cartoony violence?

And we're done. There are some who agree with either side.

your question is completely off as if you look at Jaffe's game developemnt history I would say that Calling all Car, Mickey Mania, and a few others are quite cartoony. 

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please

Around the Network

I support both sides. Miyamoto is right in questioning that and not a hypocrite for making that comment because guns don't equate to banana peels and shells. What he's questioning is the absurdity that is overlaid with a mature theme, whereas mario kart is absurdity overlaid with a silly carefree theme.

On the other side of things though, I think that comeback Jaffe made is totally warranted and accurate. It's no more absurd than anything else out there already. Jaffe's only issue is that he focused on what Miyamoto literally said instead of the underlying problem that he was pointing out, but it was still a hilarious comment nonetheless.

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

brute said:
Damstr8 said:
brute said:
kingofwale said:

Twisted Metal

but isnt retro owned by ninty

they were amking a Twisted Metal ripoff apparently.

ssj12 said:
Garcian Smith said:
Damstr8 said:
brute said:
kingofwale said:

Twisted Metal

Jaffe is one of the top deveopers in the world. To denounce his games, which there has been a ton of them, jsut shows you are an ignorant fanboy. Jaffe acts like a normal person, like game devs should.

Its the same thing as for why there is a reason why Steve Jobs, CEO of Apple, wears sweat pants to his business meetings most of the time. He knows he is a average guy who made good business decisions and doesnt hold him self above others.

Hey, chill out. I didn't insult anyone on these forums, least of all you, so please don't be so quick to make posts like the one above, especially with your mod status.

At any rate, I believe that being in the public eye entitles one to a certain standard of professional conduct - and that includes not outright insulting your colleagues. All I'm saying is that Jaffe needs to learn to hold his tongue.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

looking at the Miyamoto article from retro-studios all he asked was why were they making the game (the car combat game), and the guy they were talking to didn't know why they were making it,
So Miyamoto questions a team under nintendo why they are making a generic twisted metal knock off, years ago mind you, and it is some how pertenant to Jaffe today?
Jaffe's comment just seems to be witty response to a stupid question that didn't really do anything excpet quickly kill that line of discussion,
the interviewer basically asked a worthless idiotic question
and looking back at the retro interview, the guy they were interviewing makes a very good point
Pacini, "I realized that this was a major problem. Because if you can’t take criticism of your game ideas, you’re in real trouble.”
basically Miyamoto wasn't going to waste Nintendo's resources on a studio if they didn't even know why they were making the game,
the comment had nothing to do with twisted metal
it had nothing to do with Jaffe,
and it had no reason to be brought up in an interview about twisted metal with Jaffe

I HAVE A DOUBLE DRAGON CAB IN MY KITCHEN!!!!!!

NOW A PUNISHER CAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ssj12 said:
Garcian Smith said:
Damstr8 said:
brute said:
kingofwale said:

Twisted Metal

One of the top developers in the world? That seems a bit drastic.

He's made the God of War Series, Great. Twisted Metal Series - Mediocre. Mickey Mania on the SNES - horrible.

Unless i'm missing something else, he needs a lot more work in the pipes before you start putting him anywhere near the top.

Good.  Has potential.

But great?  Really?

Let alone one of the best?