By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - So... How is Microsoft going to ruin the "your family" loophole?

i think they recently changed it to be friends instead

Around the Network

Dont think just anyone can define the family members. We currently have an Xbox Live Family Plan. My GamerTag is the only 1 that can add members to the plan. It wont be setup so people can continuously add and subtract people from the family.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

ArnoldRimmer said:
Zkuq said:
I believe they already confirmed that only one person can play the game at a time. So there, problem solved. You certainly don't want to give anyone outside your family the right to play your game if it means you won't be able to play it yourself.

I'd guess that depends on wether or not I can force another user playing my game to stop playing it.

I mean, I think I would be okay with whoever person playing my games as long as I can play them whenever and as soon as I want. If however I really couldn't simply stop a person from the "your family" group from playing my games, meaning I couldn't play necessarily play my own games when I wanted to, that would be probably piss a lot of people off.

I don't really see why they would allow a person to force others to stop playing the game. It complicates things and I don't see what use forced stopping would be if those persons really are your family. You can always talk to your family members and if not... Well, obviously they shouldn't have the ability to play the game at the moment.

Zkuq said:
ArnoldRimmer said:
Zkuq said:
I believe they already confirmed that only one person can play the game at a time. So there, problem solved. You certainly don't want to give anyone outside your family the right to play your game if it means you won't be able to play it yourself.

I'd guess that depends on wether or not I can force another user playing my game to stop playing it.

I mean, I think I would be okay with whoever person playing my games as long as I can play them whenever and as soon as I want. If however I really couldn't simply stop a person from the "your family" group from playing my games, meaning I couldn't play necessarily play my own games when I wanted to, that would be probably piss a lot of people off.

I don't really see why they would allow a person to force others to stop playing the game. It complicates things and I don't see what use forced stopping would be if those persons really are your family. You can always talk to your family members and if not... Well, obviously they shouldn't have the ability to play the game at the moment.

I thought it was only "One other person can play the same game at the same time as you?

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

This policy is great. I would love to share games with my family. However, I can see a pretty sever comsequence for microsoft because of this policy. Developers developing single player only games wont want anything to do with x1. This policy has the potential to cut single player game sells to one tenth of what they should be. Since you cant play your library simultaniously, multiplayer games will be fine, but people will take advantage of single player games...

Around the Network

They will use facebook integration to check if the said person is in your family??

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

gergroy said:
This policy is great. I would love to share games with my family. However, I can see a pretty sever comsequence for microsoft because of this policy. Developers developing single player only games wont want anything to do with x1. This policy has the potential to cut single player game sells to one tenth of what they should be. Since you cant play your library simultaniously, multiplayer games will be fine, but people will take advantage of single player games...

Dont rentals and used game sales do exactly the same thing, but without any control at all for the publishers.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

thx1139 said:
gergroy said:

Dont rentals and used game sales do exactly the same thing, but without any control at all for the publishers.

They do, but rentals are a very small part of the business, especially this last generation with the demise of major rental chains like hollywood and blockbuster.  

Used games are a good point though, but i still think it will at least incentivise developers to tack on lame multiplayer modes just keep people from exploiting this.

It seems some people here have nothing better to do than take anything that's positive for X1 and try to bring it down. Are your lives really this boring?

My bet is that every member of your so called "family" would have to have their own xbox live gold account for that privilege anyone want to take that bet?